The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

TNT's Snowpiercer

TNT has scheduled its TV adaptation of director Bong Joon-Ho's film Snowpiercer for a May 31 premiere.
    Starring Jennifer Connelly and Daveed Diggs, Snowpiercer adapts the 2013 dystopian film of the same name. Here's the first teaser:

[​IMG]

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So basically turn over all Superhero properties to female lead stories in fact looks like the entire CW platform. Smh. Well I'm tapping out good luck to them

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

We are getting the Superman show though, so not all is lost lol

4. The Dark King

Superman AND Lois. Which means episode after episode of Clark apologizing for being part of the patriarchy and teaching is sons to be woke feminists who hate their penis. Also cue a non threatening gay or transgender black male friend

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

LOL didn't they do a Lois and Clark show in the 90s? At least Clark (hopefully) gets top billing this time. I'm a big Superman fan, so I'm going to be optimistic. I think Supergirl was on the right track up til the abrupt left turn at the start of season 2 (which lines up with your CW claims lol). We'll see....

6. The Dark King

We ain't the audience fam. We're better off with their subscription based programming.

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

CBS had supergirl first, I believe. They did that show justice. As far as the CW goes, every show will be female lead, and every male will have a dick in his mouth in the next couple of years. Cable is dying either way. When Disney gets their marvel stuff together, and DC universe gets more content, we will all forget the CW ever existed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. The Dark King

God willing. It sucks because they've had some great shows like Arrow and The Flash
    Actually Smallville was great too

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They kinda got my attention with deathstroke but I'm thinking that's just bait.

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Children of the Atom Expands Dawn of X This April

Marvel Comics has announced Children of the Atom, a new X-Men series of unspecified length set to debut in April.

Announced with only an image bearing the Children of the Atom title and a line-up of Cyclops, Angel, Marvel Girl, Gambit and Nightcrawler, the story's name is a classic X-Men term for mutants - and was previously used as the title for a 1999 series telling a revised of the team's origin story, as well as an early 90s arcade fighting game.

No further details about the series, including its creative team or premise, were revealed in the announcement.

[​IMG]

Story

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Not sure I can argue with you there

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Superman is invincible = Boring. No different than fighting "God"

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I disagree. If you're into comics and open to convincing at all, try any one of these.

Superman: Birthright
    All-Star Superman
    Superman: American Alien
    What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?
    Kingdom Come (not just a Superman story)

And here are some good animated movies.

All-Star Superman (again)
    Superman vs. The Elite
    The Death of Superman (part 1 of 2)
    Reign of the Supermen (part 2 of 2)

Superman's arc in the animated show Justice League Unlimited was good too.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Then what's the reason for Kryptonite? lol. I watched enough superman as a child. They ALWAYS have him fighting at a fraction of his capacity just to drag it out to make things halfway interesting. Not to mention they have NEVER even began to show the real power of what he could do at the speed of light, just like Magneto's real power is never really shown, however Superman at full capacity is ridiculous. For starters he could knock people off the planet, that's enough to end a fight with everyone that can't fly, assuming that they survived the punch to begin with. I proved that a few threads back, that's not even the half of it.

It's like God entertaining the devil while knowing that he can win anytime he wants. My favorite is Iron Man but in real life I would of course choose Superman's powers. Who wouldn't?

15. meowkittenmeow

Kryptonite will be replaced with “toxic masculinity”, and lois will be like iris west, and they’ll make it seem like he can’t make decisions without her. They will add a gay black man who adores superman, and add a transgendered man for a love triangle. Each episode will have superman almost lose, but he will be saved by feminism. On the final episode, he will use purple kryptonite to become a woman, and will use his powers to take lois shopping in different galaxies.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. The Dark King

Way to copy my predictions sir. I call shenanigans.

17. The Dark King

I'd rather be a speedster

18. meowkittenmeow

You posted something similar? I want to see. It isn’t a difficult task in realizing that shows are leaning in this particular direction. Although my statement was made in jest, it is a slightly exaggerated depiction of what is happening.

No matter what it is, if it is currently popular, whether it’s zombies, super heroes, social movements, or kittens, you can be sure the entertainment industry will beat you over the head with it until they’ve gotten their last dime.

When you realize that, you will realize that real nerd stuff isn’t far behind. So, we can all look forward to that.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I love the feeling of acceleration so I can relate, but you're saying you rather have Flash's powers over Superman? Hmm. Run at the speed of light or fly at the speed of light? Easy choice for me. LOL.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This is Hysterical! LOL