The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Netflix's The Witcher

Go behind the scenes with the cast and producers of the series as they guide us through the The Witcher's world.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If Vibranium is indestructible then superman hitting you would be like an elastic crash. (example: two rubber balls colliding, One could be still initially, while the other crashes into it)

In such a collision kinetic energy is conserved. That means that whatever kinetic energy Superman's fist had before he hit you that same kinetic energy will be shared between his fist and you. The force attributed will be created in pairs, both equal in magnitude and opposite in direction.

Kinetic energy = 1/2 mass * velocity^2. With velocity in this case at the speed of light.

With that said you and superman's fist will be sharing the same kinetic energy after the punch. We would just need to know your mass and his to determine your velocity immediately after he hits you.

The kinetic energy of superman's fist before he hits you = The kinetic energy of his fist after he hits you + the kinetic energy of your body flying in the air.

Superman can absolutely knock you off the planet.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

First of all, Vibranium is Marvel, not DC. Second, his strength is a product of an aura of “Radiation” due to his cells being charged by the sun. This is how he can be a small man and pick up things much larger without them breaking down (Superman Returns airplane scene is a good example).

If he didn’t utilize that radiation aura (that is slightly similar to the green lantern’s ring power), he would just be a guy who couldn’t move around much without doing damage.

there is a good video that discusses the theory of Superman just using very strong muscles and maximum force.

another interesting thing about Superman is that he is actually much lighter than most assume. Which, I believe helps with flight and minimizes the damage his body can do if he is being flung around (depending on the villain).

Finally, because this is an alternate universe/reality, you can’t expect our physics to apply. It could be very similar to ours, but with a few tweaks.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Captain Marvel's photon powers and Jean Grey and Xavier's psychic powers make more sense within a human of our universe since we do possess Bio-photons and a pineal gland.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

But I take what that guy and really anyone else says with a grain of salt, because humans have this annoying habit of if they never heard of it or don't understand something then it can't be possible. The truth is our knowledge of not even the universe but of ourselves is very small.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I was using vibranium for perspective since it's indestructible, DC should have an equivalent, otherwise no one has much of a chance against superman.

Tweaking physics is fine, if Newtons third law wouldn't get ignored there would be some very confused fans, lol. There is just no tweaking a reality where batman beats superman, that's waaay beyond tweaking.

6. meowkittenmeow

Batman got the shit kicked out of him by Deathstroke. He can’t beat superman, unless he exploits his personality.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. SilverSmith

Publisher DC Comics looks back at some of its biggest stories of 2019.

8. SilverSmith

A new "exclusive look" at Black Widow will air in January on
    ESPN during the College Football National Championship.

[​IMG]

9. SilverSmith

MARVEL'S 'TRUE BELIEVERS: EMPYRE' MONTH, AND 'ROAD TO EMPYRE: KREE/SKRULL WAR' ONE-SHOT IN MARCH

Marvel is leading into its event one-shot Empyre in April with Empyre lead-ins in March, including ten True Believers $1 comics, and Road to Empyre: Kree/Skrull War, a one-shot.

The Empyre one-shot will be written by Al Ewing and Dan Slott, with art by Valerio Schiti.

Marvel describes the story, which flows out of the recently released Incoming one-shot as rooted in stories from throughout Marvel’s history, and with an "enormous impact… on the future of the Marvel Universe." In the story, a united Kree and Skrull force led by an Emperor is headed toward Earth, with the Avengers and Fantastic Four uniting to battle them. Empyre will be released in April.

Road to Empyre: Kree/Skrull War #1 will be written by Robbie Thompson, with interior art by Mattia De Iulis & Javier Rodriguez. Phil Noto will provide the A cover, and Ron Lim will add a variant cover (both covers in the gallery below). The one-shot will hits shelves March 25.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Story

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/1211690650850209792
    [​IMG]
    https://www.businessinsider.com/witcher-passed-mandalorian-as-biggest-tv-show-in-the-world-2019-12/

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me why the Star Wars thread was quarantined?

12. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Whoever is complaining probably don't even post.

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Wait what? Oh come on. Smh

15. meowkittenmeow

It’s my fault. It was my joke in response to RC Cola’s (@RicardoCooper ) joke. It’s not a big deal.

anyway, what did you think of the second season of lost in space? I thought it was way better.

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

All my posts disappeared as usual, so you can't blame this one on me

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I agree way better and way less pandering nonsense. I didn't mind the captain being a woman or other strong female characters they just did a far better job of weaving it in

18. meowkittenmeow

I wasn’t blaming you, I was blaming myself. I ain’t shit, lol.

19. meowkittenmeow

It was way more tolerable this time around. Have you seen the Witcher yet?

20. SilverSmith

Disney+ Moves up WandaVision to 2020

Disney has revealed that WandaVision will now reach Disney+ in 2020, months earlier than its originally planned spring 2021 debut. The company didn't narrow down the release window beyond that, but the news still means that we're getting another MCU series this year besides The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

[​IMG]