Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly he was disappointed in The Last Jedi, not the current movie.

2. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

This shit sounds like garbage. Let’s go back to white man Star Wars!

3. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

No, the movie is getting negative press because the leaks (confirmed by promotional material and the released score) show that the plot is garbage.

They got written into a corner by Rian Johnson, and Abrams made things worse by bringing back Palpatine.

...and they're going to kill off Ben Solo, the actual last Skywalker, after he redeems himself, so that Rey can self-identify as a Skywalker. If they wanted to keep "subverting expectations," they'd kill Rey and have Kylo call himself "Skywalker" and restore the Order, but that doesn't line up with Kathleen Kennedy's agenda.

female force.jpg

Also, the leaks didn't just come from Boyega's script. There are people internally at Lucasfilm who don't like Kathleen Kennedy and have been leaking information about the most recent reshoots and cuts of the film. There were new details coming out daily during post-production. The full plot would have come out anyway. And the people who are most pissed about the leaks think that lost script story was face-saving BS engineered by Abrams, who is known to lie to the press. In fact, the hardcore fans are actually starting to like Boyega for the first time.

The sequel trilogy sucks. That ain't Boyega's fault.

Also RE him blowing his chances at Disney. Maybe that's true, but he's made it clear that he doesn't want to be shackled to the company. It was obvious that this wasn't going to be a long term relationship after got shit for grinding on a woman at Carnival because it wasn't proper behavior for a "Disney star" and refused to apologize.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...john-boyega-defends-carnival-grinding-1033941

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  4. Frederick

No, he's turned the filter off, and started letting it slip how he really feels.

Here's comments that he made about Kelly Marie Tran over-exaggerating fan backlash that he had to walk back.

[​IMG]

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

They really need to fire her.

6. Frederick

We can only hope that the rumors about Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni talking over creative and Lucasfilm are true.

She already got forced to dismantle her all-female (non-Star Wars fan) story group.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well that sealed it I'm not paying to watch that horseshit and may cancel my Disney plus subscription. Enough of this agenda driven nonsense that's destroying the franchise. If the force is female then let them have it. Good luck keeping the franchise going without men or making good story lines

8. meowkittenmeow

What? I must consult google

9. meowkittenmeow

Lol, keep Disney plus, it will be the only place you can get Star Wars that isn’t 5th wave feminism. Mandalorian and Obi Wan etc.

10. Frederick

That was an internal leak from Lucasfilm last year, but it's been indirectly confirmed by the cancellation of all Star Wars movies post-episode 9, the quality of Fallen Order and the fact that The Mandalorian is obviously free from Kennedy's influence outside of the producer credits.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Frederick

Hold off to see if Kennedy gets pushed out of Lucasfilm after her current contract expires.

If they put Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni in charge of Lucasfilm, the next set of movies will be on point.

But still, the sequel trilogy has done irreparable harm to the franchise. The only way to fix things would be to decanonize all three movies, but Disney isn't going to fuck with its licensing revenue like that.

12. The Dark King

I'll heed what you guys said about this but I definitely won't be paying to see anything in theaters till they get rid of Kennedy

13. meowkittenmeow

I looked it up, she had a predominantly female team with 3 or less (mostly none) writing credits a piece (mostly back in 2003, some as recent as 2014). Most knew Kathleen or dated someone that worked for her.

14. meowkittenmeow

Agreed

15. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I thought they'd fire her after Solo tanked. Instead they re-upped her contract for 3 more years.

16. meowkittenmeow

They can’t after one ranked film. But, if this one gets the same backlash, it’s game over. The next Star Wars film is in 2022, so, they will let her finish her contract and then find someone capable.

17. Frederick

Let's compare black male representation in Star Wars under George Lucas to the new "inclusive" Star Wars.

Old Star Wars had Lando, an iconic character, who openly put the moves on Leia and most people didn't give a shit. His redemption arc was immediate, and he was a general in the rebellion in ROTJ. The prequels had Mace Windu, who was an all around badass, and the second most powerful Jedi behind Yoda. There was also the brother who was captain of Padme's guard in Episode One, who was portrayed as a no nonsense soldier.

Under Kathleen Kennedy, we get Finn, who is a useless coward obsessed with a white woman who curbed him 20 minutes into the first movie and got emasculated by frumpy psycho Rose throughout TLJ. They also retconned Lando and turned him into some robot fucking weirdo.

He's not a brother, but they took a giant shit on Oscar Isaac's character in TLJ and made him out to be some buffoon who needed to be corrected out of his mansplaining by his female superiors. There's also the constant teasing of a sexual relationship between him and Finn to appease the LGBT crowd.

Also, look at that Kelly Marie Tran girl in real life compared to how she's made up in the movies. They deliberately made her look much uglier than she actually is and set her up as the brother's love interest to shut down any chance of him getting at Rey.

Kathleen Kennedy and the current regime at Lucasfilm don't care about inclusivity. They just care about promoting their brand of empty white feminism. The only serious characters in these movies are the white female leads and, to a lesser extent, their white male love interests. All of the minorities are just clown ass tokens used to check the "inclusive" boxes besides strong white women.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  18. The Dark King

Amen

19. Frederick

Damn, I completely forgot Saw Gerrera.

Was a badass character in the Clone Wars, developed by Dave Filoni when Lucas was still in charge.

I actually like Rouge One (well, compared to the other Disney Star Wars movies), but what they did with Gerrara's character pissed me off. Complete departure from the Clone Wars. He was depicted as an old lunatic and a deadbeat guardian who lost track of the girl that he was supposed to be caring for.

20. djbee100

djbee100 New Member

Don't post on here really but.....https://gph.is/1QAEIpS I thought I was the only one who thought this.