The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

A new See featurette explores the story behind Apple TV+’s dystopian series.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Agreed. Also, leaving out the force sensitive droids.

3. SilverSmith

DC Universe is giving a first look at Brenton Thwaites as Nightwing in the Season 2 finale of Titans.

4. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Netflix Reveals the Witcher Episode Titles Via Twitter

They are as follows:

1. The End’s Beginning (A monster slain, a butcher named)
    2. Four Marks (We look at a sorceress’s earlier days)
    3. Betrayer Moon (A picky eater, a family shamed)
    4. Of Banquets, Bastards and Burials (The Law of Surprise is how one repays)
    5. Bottled Appetites (A fateful meeting, a bard is maimed)
    6. Rare Species (The hunt for a dragon is underway)
    7. Before a Fall (A return to before a kingdom is flamed)
    8. Much More (The Witcher Family, as you all like to say)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. SilverSmith

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Finally, something Arrowverse related to look forward to. Although this poster does highlight the issue with the female representation of the TV DCU,all the female characters are second rate versions of better heroes, they could have at least brought in an Arrowverse Wonder Woman.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

My Hero Academia's 4th season is off to a great start, the storyline this season is much darker and more serious than the previous seasons, and by the way, the most recent episode S04E06 introduced the first black hero of the show His name is Rock Lock, I'm not a huge fan of the way his character is portrayed (blunt, arrogant, and rude), but it is per usual of how black characters come across in anime, I guess Japanese people think we all act like rappers.

[​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, just check that off as being anime. After all the majority of anime characters are all suppose to be Japanese yet they all more often than not are designed to look European. If it weren't for the fact that they gave the characters Japanese names you would assume they were European. (See some of the earliest anime series from the 70's and how they were Americanized ala Battle of the Planets aka Gatchaman).

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

The gripes are never-ending when it comes to these hoes who cry about representation in something they never liked in the first place i.e. comic-book shit

10. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

11/26/19

Marvel Entertainment has reached a deal with Tsuburaya Productions for Marvel to produce new comics and graphic novels based on Ultraman, a powerhouse Japanese property since the 1960s. The announcement was made at Tokyo Comic Con.

The new Marvel stories will be based on the first generation of Ultraman TV shows from the 1960s. TV series have continued until the present day, with 100s of episodes. There are also dozens of feature films and video games based on the property.

Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski described the property. “As one of the world’s most popular franchises, Ultraman has brought together some of the most passionate fandoms in pop culture today, and we can’t wait to bring his story to even more fans around the globe,” he said. “Like Marvel, Ultraman captivated generations by telling spectacular stories grounded in the real world, and it continues to be a beloved classic through its television shows, movies, toys, games, comics, and more.”

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/44586/marvel-produce-new-ultraman-comics-graphic-novels

11. SilverSmith

Launching this week on DC Universe: The Harley Quinn adult-themed animated series.

12. SilverSmith

Metropolis Under a Blackout in SUPERMAN GIANT #1

DC has revealed the contents of January 1's Superman Giant #1 - including a 24-page story by Robert Venditti, Paul Pelletier, and Andrew Hennessy called "Power Play."
    "Metropolis, the City of Tomorrow, is plunged into a blackout," reads DC's description. "Superman needs to find the cause of the crisis, but is he prepared to face the energy-hungry Parasite?!"

In addition, the anthology will reprint Supergirl #54's "Looking Glass," Action Comics #866's "Brainiac Part 1,"" and Superman #8's "Escape from Dinosaur Island Part 1."

[​IMG]

Newsarama

13. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Green Lantern Corps Film Still 'a Priority' for Warner Bros. - Report

The Geoff Johns-written Green Lantern Corps movie "remains a priority" for Warner Bros., according to Variety. Johns is expected to finish a new script by the end of 2019.

Green Lantern Corps appears separate from the recently announced Green Lantern-centric HBO Max series, however Johns is reportedly working with Arrow-verse head Greg Berlanti on that show as well.

Shortly after Johns' GLC movie was announced in June 2018, his company website named Hal Jordan and John Stewart as the leads of the film.

Variety goes on to say that Berlanti - or possibly J.J. Abrams (and his Bad Robot shingle) could be enlisted by Warner Bros. on Johns' GLC film.

Warner Bros. once announced a July 24, 2020 release date for Green Lantern Corps, but their planned slate and schedule has gone through significant changes since then.

Article

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• List
  15. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

16. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I'm finally caught up on American Gods, and I'm looking forward to the next season. Season 2 was much better than the first one. Sometimes the pace is still a bit too slow, but at least it's gotten to the point where it's not every scene that takes forever to get to the point. They did better than expected on a couple of my favorite scenes from the book, so I was pretty happy about that. It's also been fun watching Mad Sweeny's run of bad luck; dude plays that part well. Orlando Jones fits the part better than I expected, but sometimes he sounds like he's imitating the voice of a 70s movie pimp instead of an Americanized version of Anansi. lol I wish I had access to the comic book series, but I hope to eventually get my hands on volumes 1 and 2 of the graphic novels in hardcover.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Wow I said the same exact thing

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Fuck that! I want everything they have. I gots no problem taking from white men and making it our own. I'll I'm all for pulling a "Julia Roberts as Harriet Tubman" move on any premiere white character.

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I've been ignoring this story because I don't think it means anything. Has MBJ been pitching to play Val-Zod or Clark Kent?

LOL. Say you get your wish & they do make MBJ Clark Kent, who do you think will be playing Lana Lang and/or Lois Lane?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Some wack chick to appease people who aren't really fans just disgruntled every minute of their lives.

• Like Like x 1
    • List