BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Just a couple thoughts on New Amsterdam, it kind of feels like they are steering back towards the IR relationship between those two doctors. Both of their other relationships have hit really rough patches, and when the woman had a major medical procedure the brother was the only one there for her.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

A couple clips from the mid-season penultimate (last week's episode) & mid-season finale (this week's episode):

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

After watching the November Sweeps finale last week on "Legacies" I think it is a done deal for this show. They have lost their way or have hired new showrunners from last year because the show has little to no direction or sense of itself anymore. Who are the new additions to the cast that are supposed to pick up the slack for the departure of Lulu Antarkasa aka "Penelope Parks" who was such an X-Factor last year and the twitterverse adored her??? Why are so many characters just put in background scenes like potted plants with no gripping or compelling love interests of thier own . . . does everything have to revolve around Hope Mikealson???

By this time last year the show had a multitude of potential directions the cast could go in remember?? Not so much this year though as the writing is too one-dimensional . . . Malivore has eaten up too much of the TV time to the detriment of a series which had such IR potential last fall . . . no infusion of new school girls for the guys to involve themselves in the new school year with and some interesting new plots to unfold OUTSIDE & INDEPENDENT of those which rely so heavily on Hope M :(

Last season of "Legacies" showcased multiple IR affection scenes but this season has had all of none . . . save Hope's hand on Rafeal's knee for a brief scene (SMDH)

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Julie Pec is a straight up racist there's your answer

• List
  5. ColiBreh1

Ehhh...Before we go there... I don't agree with @Young Hershal's post on the current season of "Legacies" so far. They've definitely been pushing MG & Lizzie and Hope & Rafael.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

^^Lizzie has been all about Sebastian since the season started . . . MG has been wasted on her this year and noe is CLEARLY being maneuvered for Black romance with Caleb's sister to the chagrin of Silver Smith who called it out last year I think. Rafeal has been not wasted nearly as much because he has only been back in human form for half a month but they shouldn't put him on Walmart layaway either while Hope clears her head (they haven't really pushed anything from Hope towards Rafael) though it looks like they will go love triangle crazy next month . . . and Caleb is still a potted plant without the slightest prospect for IR as the year nears its end.

7. The Dark King

They're gonna make Caleb gay mark my words

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. ColiBreh1

Ehhhh.....I feel like you're jumping to conclusions & not patient enough to see how things play out.

LOL. The first few episodes of "Legacies" or so I just assumed Caleb was some type of LGBT. I was thinking he was a dyke or maybe a tranny.

But seriously, I'm surprised that "Legacies" has 4 notable black male characters & none of them are gay. So far.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah they are most definitely all in with MG and Lizzie. They had too many signs this season that points that way including MG not really telling her how he feels about her yet. They're doing what TV shows normally do when they create a couple... they add in dates and temp. boyfriends and girlfriends. Hell they did it with The Good Place with the introduction of Simone.

I thought the last two episodes as far as creativity for the basis of the show go were pretty good. It was a good twist they had with Clarke and what he is doing now. The last two monsters have been a lot more interesting and came with better backstories.

As I stated before Hope and Rafael are more so the fans dream couple. They are playing around with it but there are sign they are for real from the Rafael and Hope tease last year, his profile and the fact that he STILL had feelings for Hope even though his memory was wiped and interesting enough Landon never was attracted to her when his memories were wiped. And now that he has told Hope he always had feelings for her it changes the dynamics of their relationship and future interactions.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ColiBreh1

Watching this week's penultimate episode of "Godfather of Harlem"... Bumpy finally gave in & smashed Amy Vanderbilt.

11. ColiBreh1

@The Dark King @Tsharp99 I literally just posted a tweet & link to an article last weekend about "Arrow" is gonna push a 2 BM & a non-bw IR love triangle between Mia Queen & and the 2 Diggle sons: https://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/bm-ww-ir-sightings-on-tv.9970/page-243#post-1114519

So now I've listed three different 2 BM & non-bw IR love triangles.

12. The Dark King

13. darkcurry

Underrated show. I don't think there is an episode yet I haven't enjoyed.

Powerhouse performances all around. Almost all the women are sexy and fine as hell. Lucy Fry is killing it in this role. You wouldn't have guessed she's Australian by how Americanized her NY accent is. You would think this is an American woman doing an NY accent.

14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I learned something every day. Never knew Gloria was not the only Vanderbilt who was into brothers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. ColiBreh1

@darkcurry After this scene from last season's penultimate episode of "All American":

Coach Baker & Laura Baker finally reconciled on this week's episode of "All American" (Season 2, Episode 7) after family therapy:

Before this week's episode they had been mostly separated since the end of last season & Coach Baker/Taye Diggs was living at his Father's house in Crenshaw/South Central L.A.; With no father in the Beverley Homes home their son, Jordan Baker. been acting a fool all season and knocked-up some chick he barely knows.

Anyways, you can find more "All American" scenes at these 2 YouTube channels:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClYTYLbKUkGk8foP1f_-oWA/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyBa5CCiP2yp5M7pMyMLCpA/videos

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. darkcurry

I seen this show listed by some people on twitter as on the list of one the best black shows. If it has a IR going on and the Asher white kid is the heartthrob of the show am I missing something? Or are people mislabeling the show?

17. ColiBreh1

Asher is the heartthrob of the show??!! I had no idea that was a thing.

Anyways the show takes place & goes back forth between both Crenshaw/South Central L.A. and Beverly Hills. Also the showrunner is a black woman & the music supervisor is also a BW, so it's probably safe to assume there also other black people in the writer's room:

So yeah, I guess "All American" can be considered a "Black" show because even when the show is taking place in Beverly Hills, they show focuses heavily on the black & half-black biracial characters in Beverly Hills.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. The Dark King

If a black woman is showing runner then good luck seeing an IR with a black man

19. ColiBreh1

LOL, did you mean among the younger teen characters? Because they already got 1 among the adults as I previously posted.

Anyways, I guess @Young Herschel isn't only person complaining about the lack of white female characters on "All-American". Brothas elsewhere think it's weird that there are no notable younger teen white female characters on "All-American" despite the fact half the time the show takes place in Beverly Hills.

The chick that played Davina on "The Originals" was supposed to be on this show, but she hasn't appeared in a episode since the series premiere. So I guess she got casted on another show.

• List
  20. darkcurry

Check the tumblr pages, reddit and hashtags on twitter where fanbases mostly go and you will see the majority of the fanbase is all over Asher. https://twitter.com/search?q=#allamerican asher&src=typeahead_click

https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/asher-x-olivia
    [​IMG]

Usually that doesn't bode well for black guys involved in IR on a black show(See Godfather Of Harlem) with black folks, but the fan base seem to be well receiving of Laura and Billy as well. That's a rarity.

• List