BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Ok if you say so

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I totally forgot about portions of this NYE scene. I just found the gif on a tumblr fanpage so I had to go back and watch this episode again to remember it more vividly. But that was a mistake because now I've been up re-watching the series. lol.
    [​IMG]

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I remember talking about how great this was. It was somewhere on this forum back when this first came out. I think the big thing about it is she was like an actual damsel in distress and he came through like Prince Charming and I don’t remember seeing it done or at least done so well with a black man and white woman couple.

4. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I get what he's saying as well. I stopped watching "End of The World" on Netflix because the Black guy in it is gay. As soon as he said it I turned it off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. darkcurry

Character development and storytelling.

And you forgot one thing... there was no love triangle! lol.

6. meowkittenmeow

I didn’t forget shit. Fuck your darkcurry and the whore you rode in on!!!!

But, seriously, the lack of love triangle was nice. Those never end well.

7. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The final episode of Sorry for Your Loss Season 2 is airing on Tuesday, November 19th. Once again, Elizabeth Olsen has offered a gripping performance as a widow who's overcoming heartbrokenness while rediscovering her sensuality.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. darkcurry

This season has been wild, shocking funny, heartfelt and moving. Looking forward to this season finale.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. darkcurry

V Wars | Official Trailer | Netflix

As I indicated before when posting this in upcoming IR Slate the vampire Michael Fayne has intimate encounters with females before and after he turned in the comics and they added those into the show.

Snapshot 2 (11-19-2019 3-38 PM).png Snapshot 3 (11-19-2019 3-38 PM).png

The actress playing the second female looks familiar. I think it's Kimberly Sue Murray who plays Danika who is a seductive vampire herself.

The novel is very graphic and with this being on Netflix hopefully they can be as creative and free with this, because I really enjoyed vol. 1 of the comic book novel I read over the summer.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  10. darkcurry

Watched the fall finale of The Good Place earlier and this is turning into a sweet romantic comedy of Eleanor and Chidi. They could possibly have the best IR(bm/ww) love story on TV right now.

No spoilers, just a capture.
    [​IMG]

11. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The show does an amazing job of finding ways to make their relationship deeper and more profound. This relationship was a conventional slow burn but if you go back to the first season you’ll see all the character elements they’re using in season 4. From a writing standpoint (acting as well), I’m not sure I’ve seen it done better.

12. darkcurry

Which is big for IR progression on TV(at least) and goes to show it's all about finding your audience when you have romantic material involving bm and ww.

And more importantly... No Love Triangle! lol.

13. meowkittenmeow

I’m almost positive your nightmares look like this...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1197881227828703232
    [​IMG]
    https://www.cbr.com/arrow-will-continue-to-tease-a-miadiggle-brothers-love-triangle/

[​IMG] J.J. is also supposed to be a love interest for Mia? That's news.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. darkcurry

Ironically I like triangular shapes. lol!

16. ColiBreh1

Sigh...y'all dudes who whine about love triangles all the time, do y'all really hate love triangles or do y'all just hate IR love triangles involving BM, non-BF, & non-BM characters? I've never seen y'all complain about IR love triangles involving 2 BM & a non-BW or 2 non-BW & a BM. LOL.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I can't recall ever seeing a love triangle involving two black men and a non bw. Where they do that at? Also don't recall a love triangle where a black dude got the girl over a non black guy

18. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

Ok, list the TV shows/Movies with 2BM and a non BF love triangles...I'LL WAIT!

19. ColiBreh1

The only IR love triangles involving a non-bw & 2 BM I can think of are:

1. Fallon, Culhane, & Jeff Colby on the 1st season of The CW’s "Dynasty" reboot series

2. Villa, Morris Chestnut, & Taye Diggs briefly on "Rosewood".

As far as TDK's comment about not recalling a love triangle where a black dude got the girl over a non black guy, do you count Lavon, Lemon, & George on "Hart of Dixie"?

• List
  20. darkcurry

These love triangles and doomed tropes have legit evidence that people aren't huge fans of them yet they continue to do it especially with IR couples involving black men. You don't see that?

Hollywood still has an issue with IR involving black men which is why in 2019 there are still a lack of legit IR romances or at least stable IR relationships on TV. So the fact that they throw these love triangles or overall doomed tropes and stereotypes IR couples way involving black men says a lot. I mean there is another Christmas movie on netflix where a happily married woman cheats on then leaves her black husband for the white guy she grew up with in her hometown and they're selling it like that's okay and she did the right thing. LOL.

People hate these things overall, but there is an obvious motive behind it when they do it with IR couples involving black men and other shows follow behind that formula instead of a formula that have created positive audience reaction like The Good Place, Cloak and Dagger, Haunting Of Hillhouse, Carnival Row, Stranger Things, ect.

"Whining" is a term people use when they don't agree or approve of certain complaints therefore for it makes it a subjective term. But I try not to complain about these things here because it does drag down the thread and recently I HAVE made more post about the shows involving IR that I like. I was just joking and poking fun at my complaints about love triangles. You have to laugh at yourself sometimes is what my love have told me. I have not complain much about things recently.