The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I love amateur action film making when the action is nicely done.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I just watched the premiere of Watchmen on HBO, It was interesting I'm a sucker for alternative history stories, so the depiction of a drastically different America was right up my alley. I didn't like the Zack Snyder movie, but this show is clearly a different animal than that stylized mess.
    I was really shocked to see a mainstream TV show depict the Tulsa Oklahoma Massacre, and it's going to be interesting to see a show that depicts Black America after receiving reparations.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Here's a sneak peek at what's coming up on HBO's galvanizing take on Watchmen. More than anything, though, this show is better than critics expected.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I've never read the comic (though I have it on Kindle). But, I loved the movie. It's one of my all time favorite superhero films. I kind of like the show. I really liked the beginning, though. People need to see that.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The trailer didn't sell me on it. So I didn't watch and seen a netflix movie instead. But a lot of people are raving about this first episode so I will check it out hopefully tonight!

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• List
  7. darkcurry

Lela Loren has been cast as Marguerite Olsen on American Gods.
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/americangodsus/status/1187090176243224576

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. darkcurry

Saw the first 3 episodes of Castle Rock last night and already it is scarier than the first season and as expect from the trailer...
    Misery has come to Castle Rock and has let out Salem's Lot. The Marsten House and it's terrifying evil has made an appearance in episodes 2 and 3.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    There's also some IT references. The one in the beginning is REAL subtle. You have to pay attention.

Good start. The actress(Lizzy Caplan) that's playing a young Annie Wilkes is killing(lol) it!

9. ColiBreh1

It's just been announced that Marvel's "Cloak & Dagger" has been cancelled:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10/24/marvel-cloak-dagger-cancelled-two-seasons-freeform/

• List
  10. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

11. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

The romance was like watching paint dry.

12. ColiBreh1

Yeah, we've talked about it in the past in the other thread. I was fine with how their relationship was trending, but the show was just boring & uninteresting compared to Marvel's "Runaways". I really wished the crew who produce "Runaways" also produced "Cloak & Dagger".

Ehhhh.....In the 2 seasons of the show they were just close platonic friends. They hadn't quite gone in a romantic direction yet.

13. ColiBreh1

The CW is considering doing a "The 100" prequel spinoff series:

https://tvline.com/2019/10/24/the-100-prequel-spinoff-the-cw-season-7/
    [​IMG]

14. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

HBO Max Orders A Second Season of Rooster Teeth's gen: Lock

HBO Max has picked up gen:LOCK for a second season following its success as Rooster Teeth's newest animated series. Starring Michael B. Jordan (Creed, Black Panther), the half-hour animated series focuses on a near-future dystopia undergoing a new, technologically driven world war. gen:LOCK originally premiered on Rooster Teeth. Season 2 of gen:LOCK will premiere on HBO Max and 90 days later will be available on Rooster Teeth for FIRST members.

Article

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Entertainment Weekly: Batwoman and Nancy Drew Get Full Season Orders @ the CW
    10/25/2019

The CW is going all in with both of its new fall TV shows.

Batwoman and Nancy Drew have been picked up for full season orders. Both shows will get back-nine orders, bringing the series’ first seasons to 22 episodes each.

And for the first time, the CW owns full in-season streaming rights to all new series starting this season. That means every episode of Batwoman and Nancy Drew will exclusively stream on the CW’s digital platforms the day after they air throughout the entire season, so viewers can catch up at any point on CWTV.com and the CW app for free, without authentication, subscription, or log-in required. In past years, only a few episodes have been available to stream on Hulu, which precluded catching up on the entire season for free.

Article

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  16. darkcurry

Nancy Drew is delightfully entertaining. I don't see this kind of show as a 20+ episode kind of show. Imo I see it as around 15-16 because of the content and how the story plays out. Hopefully they'll make it work though.

17. ColiBreh1

"Veronica Mars" worked as 22-episode a season show & that's the show "Nancy Drew" reminds me of.

18. SilverSmith

Veronica Mars is a Nancy Drew inspired sleuth, though darker and ridiculously good storytelling.

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I’ll take a look at Nancy Drew. I’ll pass on Batwomyn.

20. darkcurry

I seen the first episode and I didn't get any appeal to her. But I really didn't connect with The Batwoman Comic. I liked The Huntress better.

I'll try one more episode before rendering my final verdict but I just wasn't feeling that first episode.