I Believe That...

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by southfloridagirl, May 10, 2014.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The thing is black Christians don't tolerate and forgive other blacks like that.

They are a bunch of fools

4. meowkittenmeow

Man, I’ve been saying that shit for years. A lot of them just shuck and jive for “white Jesus”, and kiss the feet of white people while giving the middle finger to other black people.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Unless it's someone I have known since grade school, soon as I hear the word "god" or anything remotely connected to religion come out of a black person's mouth, I immediately stop listening, if it's online, I quit reading. Black christians don't simply believe they have to overdo the shit.

6. meowkittenmeow

I don’t run into a lot of black people these days. But, when I do, I immediately stop listening once they start talking about religion.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

And both of you sound just as closed minded and subjectively ignorant as the "Christians" you're belittling.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Let me guess.
    You're one of them.

9. meowkittenmeow

I see. So... is your diety going to end white supremacy or naw?

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Either you want to believe that it has helped black folk, or you think the only thing that matters is the "afterlife."

If the former you're simply delusional. If the latter, you are doing a great job of looking at this life on earth as not being important.

Funny how only black folks do a great job at that. Then again a lot of black christians hilariously think that they are the "chosen people" from that scripture

about being a stranger in a foreign land for 400 years and yada yada. So I guess that makes everything ok.

Fact is black folks are fucked up and that religion has a lot to do with it.

It doesn't affect whites the same way at all.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You have to wait until you go to heaven of course. lol

12. meowkittenmeow

That’s generally how it’s set up. Waiting for good stuff after your dead. It’s kind of wild to me that people can be tricked in believing that if they take a beating for their entire life, that magical gifts are will wait for them after death.

Life is hard, so I think it makes it easier for certain people to believe in religions.

Also... this is funny

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Truth.

Also people don't like to deal with not knowing.

My thing is that religions and religious people are subject to criticism just like anything else. There isn't anything beyond questioning.

This quote by Richard Feynman sums it up for me.

“I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of uncertainty about different things, but I am not absolutely sure of anything and there are many things I don't know anything about, such as whether it means anything to ask why we're here. I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell.”

14. meowkittenmeow

Interesting. I always found it amusing that people believed in a book that old that is derivative of other books and stories that are much older.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah. Most of those stories come straight out of Egypt. And the Noah's ark story is hilariously impossible. I can't wait for someone to explain where the water came from and where it went.

If there is a creator, physics is his law and physics says that story is impossible. Obviously, I admit to not knowing everything but that story is brutally false. As certain as anything that falls on earth will accelerate at a constant 9.8 meters per second until it hits the ground; its the same degree of certainty that story could not have happened.

16. meowkittenmeow

No bro, it totally happened bro. You gotta believe me bro.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If I become a father I'm just going to be straight up. Santa Claus died many years ago. The bible has metaphors, the stories didn't actually happen. There is no guy in the sky watching everything and making it rain. Earth is a closed system it operates on it's own due to present conditions within the laws of physics.

We don't know if there is life after death or a creator, but "god" is a man made concept. If there is a creator he could be 93 billion light years away somewhere enjoying himself with other species or perhaps deceased.

We have a brain and must solve our own problems. If you believe in a creator and want to understand him study science. The world is full of lies outside of science.

18. meowkittenmeow

I would also add that, scientifically-speaking, “these hoes ain’t loyal”.

but, yeah, if I wanted kids, which I don’t, I would explain to them how ridiculous religions are, how they are used to control us and keep us down, and that you don’t need to venture into the supernatural to create meaning in your life.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Before Galileo, all the western world had was the church and a bunch of false assumptions from Aristotle. The church was his enemy from the beginning. They prosecuted him for teaching the truth.

Till this day people that subscribe to religion still don't know the difference between beliefs and facts. I've seen it stop a smart person from being able to unlock their mind. When you can't make that distinction it will limit your abilities.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

~ Galileo Galilei

Here he tries to make the distinction for them when they refuse to accept that the universe doesn't revolve around the earth.

"The Bible shows the way to go to heaven, not the way the heavens go."

~ Galileo Galilei

He either was one of those rare people that could make the distinction between belief and fact or he pretended to believe so they wouldn't kill him.

20. meowkittenmeow

I’m aware of Glileo as well as others. I put my trust in science. I can’t trust thousand year old religions. It’s ridiculous. I think the trauma compounded with indoctrination is what keeps black people praying at the feet of that particular white diety and that particular religion.