BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

She's Australian. So here we go again with the narrative that foreign white actresses are more open onscreen IRRs.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Watched all three episodes of Sorry For Your Loss and
    while waiting on the bombshell to come to light we found out that Leigh never told Danny she heard that message where he said he loved her. And then she deleted it even though she WANTED to tell him so badly when she was talking to him in the club scene. Wow! So they are probably going to let that play out during the season even though they are not on speaking terms right now and he is avoiding her.

There was a moment where the show delve into DMT. Leigh took a trip because she had never dreamed about Matt so she wanted to experience it and it was a bit trippy and had a mixture of sadness and happiness that Elizabeth expressed so well in one of her finest performances.
    Leigh and Matt - Sorry For Your Loss - Leigh's DMT experience.png

The series continues to stay steady in being strong and raw and really interesting(and I hope it stays that way). Congrats to Elizabeth Olsen because it also surpassed over a million views within it's first day on Facebook.

Not really a spoiler but they showed Matt's Comic book and It just reminded me of that scene from Stranger Things 3.
    Sorry For Your Loss - Matt's Comic Book.png [​IMG]

Just something I noticed right away. lol.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But its factually true

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Episodes 1-2 were very good in line with the high standards of the first season. I'll catch episode 3 tonight.

5. ColiBreh1

Watching season 2 episode 6 of "The Magicians" right now....

They got Margo hooking up with a brotha named Prince Ess (played by Arlen Escarpeta)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. darkcurry

[​IMG]

I went to look up that name Prince Ess and I found this about his character.

https://themagicians.fandom.com/wiki/Ess

"Ess is very cunning and ambitious, shown multiple times throughout the TV adaptation, as for example when in attacks Castle Whitespire by planning to surround it by an illusion. He also seems to hold misogynistic views by the way he treats Margo Hanson."

Also Prince Ess... Princess. I see what they did there.

• List
  7. ColiBreh1

BTS featurettes for the episode:

Skip the 2:51 mark:

• List
  8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This is a show about three women finding out they share the same biological father.

The mixed women is a lesbian on the down-low who's black husband used to date Brittany Snow's character, the pilot hints that he still has feelings for Brittany Snow's character, and I can only surmise that when he finds out his wife lives for taco Tuesday's he might go back to his ex.

9. ColiBreh1

So I just got done watching this week's episode (Season 1, Episode 2) of "Stumptown" and it heavily focused on Cobie Smulders & Jake Johnson's characters backstory on how they met and became friends. After watching the episode, NO WAY is there not going to be an ongoing triangle.

10. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

That's good to hear because you know I CAN'T STAND LOVE TRINGLES! Also, have you noticed the sheer volume of BM/WW relationships on the new Fall Season of shows? Let me know if I left any out.

-GodFather of Harlem
    -Stumptown
    -Emergence
    -Evil (eventually they'll have to put them together since they keep STRONGLY hinting at it, just like "God Friended Me")
    -Top Boy Season 3

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  11. darkcurry

She's married with four kids. I don't know how you do a relationship with her and Mike's character at least in one season without some The Affair type controversy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. darkcurry

Yeah I finally got around to watching it last night because I wasn't able to see it live on Wednesday and like I said most of the fans weren't feeling it, but at the same time they like Grey and Miles. One female on twitter said this about the love triangle on this particular type of show and I thought it was very true with some of these love triangles with main characters. She asked what is the end game with this love triangle? Especially since they're getting into so fast. Where would that leave one of the characters if she chooses the one over the other. Are they going to do it like Supergirl and act like the relationship never existed? It makes things awkward when you do it with main characters.

But I feel like her and Miles would work best since they're both now are going to be a like a team with her getting her license for PI work. Let's say this show gets picked up for another season or more. What is Grey's role going to be to add depth to her relationship with him? Is he going to be like her househusband? lol. I don't see how that works on a Crime Drama type of show and she is going off doing cases with the help of her ex-lover if she chooses Grey. Or will they foolishly string this love triangle for as long as possible.

There was another female that entered the picture in Miles life that made Dex a little jealous although he cleared it up and said she was a ex of a friend that he is helping out. Next week's episode she is back to hooking up with Miles again.

I'm going to keep watching the rest of this season I like this show. She reminds me of a little Jessica Jones mixed with some Maria Hill.

13. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

CBS All Access' Tell Me A Story is an anthology series that re-imagines fairy tales with elements of psychological horror.

In "Beauty and The Beast", where the gender roles are reversed, a police officer (Eka Darville) is drawn to a disfigured singer (Natalie Alyn Lind), whom he's been assigned to protect after a car fire nearly killed her. The 10-episode second season begins this December. Here's the first trailer.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. ColiBreh1

OK, I'm gonna check "Almost Family" out. In some of the TV promo spots & cast interviews they were heavily hinting on this stuff , so I don't think what you posted in the spoiler quotes is actually a spoiler. The only reason I didn’t post about it in this thread is because I hadn't quite put 2 & 2 together from what I've seen in the trailers/promos/interviews.

@The Dark King @darkcurry Y'all checked "Almost Family" yet?

15. ColiBreh1

LOL, I've been saying the same thing in this subforum for a few years now or so. So much so, it should be obvious that there is definitely an agenda to promote IRRs onscreen. But it's agenda I'm fine with.

Anyways why hasn't anybody mentioned "Top Boy" in this thread? Who's involved in the IR on "Top Boy"?

16. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

Jamie, the up and coming "Top Boy" who's trying to take out Duchane!

17. ColiBreh1

Who are the actors playing them?

18. darkcurry

Looks decent. I'll give it a try. The Sleeping Beauty story looks more interesting, but Natalie is freakin' gorgeous and Eka is an underrated actor so it has my attention to check that story out as well. Nice concept to tell the stories this way.

19. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

Dushane -Ashley Walters
    Jamie -Michael Ward

20. ColiBreh1

I googled "Ashley Walters". That's a dude. Who are the actors involved in the IR on "Top Boy" season 3?