Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Nooo. That's terrible. OMG Loki, sending you positive vibes of continued strength in your recovery. Hypertension is no joke. I have a wrist machine and check mine often. Your family must've panicked along with you. So glad you pulled through.

Do you know the cause? Stress, diet, genetic? (Answer not necessary if it's too personal.)

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Really? Summer ain't over yet here. I wish it was tho. lol

3. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Oh, man! I'm glad you're still with us and on the mend. I've been doing just that since my early 40s when I had sorta let myself go, and when I did get to the doc...My BP was borderline, and my cholesterol was insane. I'm late, but I hope you're continuing to improve.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

What the...what? I don't have any personal experience with drugs, but looking at this must be what a bad drug trip feels like.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

And just to think, this is the type of mental process that made it into the school system. Somehow everyone just looked the other way. lol

7. Tamstrong

It's scary but not surprising. The things that need updating they don't bother with, and the things that don't they like to overcomplicate with pointless crap. Maybe they have to look the other way. If it's like looking at that crazy car, they'd be in danger of blindness and insanity if they didn't look the other way. lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

OMG! I think I may have looked at it too long and made myself dizzy!

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Not long ago a student at the University of Miami got busted for selling LSD. He got caught selling 50 tablets for $400. Obviously it isn't a rich mans high. Dude was on his way to grad school and obviously fucked that up.

I was curious as to how bad the damage done so I looked it up.

Did you know LSD has stiffer penalties than any other drug? When is the last time you seen or even heard of someone strung out on that shit?

Yes really. It carries harder penalties than the got damn boogie man triangle (Heroin, Crack,and Meth) Who in their right mind makes these stupid ass laws?? Holy Shit!

10 grams will get you 10 got damn years!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

HEY BLISS, IT WASPART GENETICm HIGH BP RUNS IN MY Family part negligence on my part for not taking it more seriously sooner and high stress of being a business owner, im doing well though already back to walking with a cane. docs say with hard work in out patient therapy i could well be walking on my own by Christmas. with my son playing college golf on scholarship im super motivated to get out there and walk with/watch him play. it ids a lot of nerve pain however getting the left side of my body to wake up again. therapy hurts A LOT but its worth it to keep making gains

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

You'll get there. Keep your mood up. Praying for you.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So wonderful to hear that you're making steady gains in your recovery, Loki, and thank you
    for sharing the possible causes, you've given a sobering wake-up call for me and l'm sure others.

Never knew you also had a son, let alone that he followed you in the sport you dearly love. Can definitely see how sharing in his golfing experiences is super motivating! <3

Keep getting better Loki, you're a very special human and much appreciated and loved beyond your family and friends. We are all cheering you on here.

*Since we can't send you a get well card IRL, here is one that completely befits you..

IMG_20190918_013723.jpg

13. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Thank you for the great advice. It pays to be informed.

14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the kind words Bliss we have had our share of verbal battles but is speaks VERY highly of your character to offer support and kindness in my time of struggle thank you again!!!!!!!!

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

We sure did spar, Loki, LOL but they're meaningless now... in the dust. The only battle that matters is the one you're taking by the horns, and you have our 100% support and well wishes! Please Keep us updated whenever you can/feel like it! xo

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Hello Supreme Being,

Do you have a map of the universe that shows where intelligent life is?

Will you teach me the most effective way to bend space time?

That's all I need thanks buddy.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

WOW some older black women STILL wear that awful perfume that choke the shit out of you. What is it? I call it old black lady in church.
    [​IMG]

18. Tamstrong

There are a lot of old white women who do the same thing. I've always referred to it as granny perfume.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You do have a point. I guess the sense of smell is lost with everything else.

20. Tamstrong

Pretty much.