The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Avengers: Endgame directors Joe and Anthony Russo made their way to San Diego Comic-Con to reveal their next slate of projects in their post-Marvel life.

Amongst those projects is an adaptation of Battle of the Planets which the Russo brothers intend to turn into a live-action movie. It isn't yet clear if they would be at the helm, and it seems very much like this is in the early stages, but it's a potentially exciting development, considering what the duo was able to accomplish in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The reveal came as part of the Russo brothers' panel at SDCC 2019. Toward the end of the panel, they revealed their upcoming slate of projects. It included previously announced collaborations, such as a new take on The Thomas Crown Affair with Michael B. Jordan and Cherry, which stars Tom Holland and will be their next directorial effort.

But Battle of the Planets came as a total surprise. At the very least, Joe and Anthony Russo will produce the adaptation of the Japanese anime series, but they may direct.

Excerpted from https://movieweb.com/battle-of-the-planets-movie-russo-brothers/

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. SilverSmith

Black Widow 2019 Marvel Comic -Con Panel :

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The media is going to put them under some pressure now that they have become the new Box Office Kings dethroning Cameron.

But in regards to The Thomas Crown Affair reboot with Michael B. Jordan. They should make the female lead who hasn't been casted yet white! There is no reason why MBJ will get backlash for it now days ESPECIALLY with Ariel being black and her prince being white. If I was the Russos I would do that and announce it this week. If the black gynocracy rears their ugly head they WILL and SHOULD be met with folks calling out their hypocrisy!
    https://www.hot97.com/news/news/michael-b-jordan-star-remake-thomas-crown-affair

4. SilverSmith

The original costume design by artist/ co-creator George Perez is boss!
    A year ago I got the Taskmaster:Unthinkable miniseries, published in 2010, which explores the tragic and devastating cost of his enhanced natural abilities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  5. SilverSmith

Concept art for the Eternals with a first look at the all-powerful Celestials.

[​IMG]

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Geekdom is all up in arms about most of the MCU's new slate of films. Saying it's a bunch of B grade characters that no one really cares about.

Those same people forget that Iron Man was a B grade character until the film premiered. As was Guardians Of The Galaxy and most of the other MCU heroes.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

If Iron Man was a B-grade superhero before '08 "Iron Man" film, than these new characters in these upcoming Phase 4 MCU films are C & D-grade superheroes.

You gotta remember there were "Iron Man" animated shows & films back in the 90's & 2000's. And he appeared in other 80's-2000's Marvel animated shows, films, & video games. So people were already familiar enough with "Iron Man" that it made sense for Marvel Studios (Pre-Disney ownership when they were struggling) to take a risk doing a big budget film on him.

8. SilverSmith

I never believed in a million years that an undeniable c-list superhero like Ant-Man would be starring in hit movies, much less a solo feature and with the Wasp. [​IMG]

9. darkcurry

This is how The Russos described IronMan in this interview about how to fix DCEU.

They didn't see him as an A-List character.

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I didn't deny that Iron Man was a B-list character before the 2008 live-action film, my point is these new phase 4 niggas are D-list if Iron Man was considered B-list before the MCU.

Ant-Man & the Wasp were in those 2000's direct-to-DVD/Blu-ray animated "Avengers" films and in that "Avengers: EMH" show, so I wasn't surprised about them doing an "Ant-Man" film.

11. SilverSmith

TVLine Interviews the cast of Star Trek: Picard.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But no one went to see those movies because they were legit fans of Ant Man or the wasp

13. SilverSmith

The Boys declare war on corrupt "superheroes". The final trailer before the official series launch on Amazon Video.

14. darkcurry

Yeah, Im in on this! All three trailers are hits! In the third trailer they give a tease of the storylines.

All there is left now is making sure the series doesn't disappoint. But I have a feeling this will succeed.

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

KILLING IT
    KILLING IT
    KILLING IT
    KILLING IT
    KILLING IT
    KILLING IT

17. RicardoCooper

When I was a kid going to comic conventions, you wouldn't see a black chick within 20 miles of the place. The only sistas you'd see were the moms dropping their sons off to pick 'em up later.

18. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Many with that look of dissatisfaction that they have a “nerd son” instead of an Ball player, lol.

I would see some white girls in my youth at the conventions. Some grew up reading them. Most had a boyfriend that got them into it. The “black girl nerd” thing is very recent. It’s mostly a product of Cartoon Network/adult swim introducing black females to anime.

19. darkcurry

If you ever noticed most black female nerds are into science and math and their schooling. There aren't too many that are comic book geeks even today. They expose themselves on twitter a lot and get schooled by dudes and women, but of course they get defensive and start hurling insults at folks.

One of the most annoying things they say when people be checking them on their bullshit are "it's not that serious".
    [​IMG]

20. RicardoCooper

I contend that they're into it to be more desirable to white guys :rolleyes: