Upcoming IR slate

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by JamalSpunky, May 11, 2019.

1. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I have to agree on this.

2. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

This dude stars or starred (don't know if it's still on) in a show called "19-2" about a couple of police officers in Vancouver. I had to stop watching it for a stupid casting reason but primarily for a GTFOH reason.

1. His ex wife is White and they have a "biracial" 15 yr old son. The problem you ask! Well, his supposedly "biracial" son is EGG PLANT BLACK, meaning he's so dark he almost looks purple! So are you actually telling me they couldn't find or cast a 15yr old biracial boy?

2. And the primary reason I stopped watching it, is because the same dude is also dating a cute ass petite White female officer. Now, he has a 1/2 sister from his dad who is "biracial", now they got her casting right, and I knew as soon as they introduced her that they would hook her up with his white partner, which they did.

Now, she's also seeing another white guy, so she's with 2 white guys at the same time. Then one day she and her brother where talking and he told her that he was dating someone on the force, the aforementioned cute petite White girl, she then asked him if she was White (and why TF does she care). Her reply is what made me almost throw my size 13 shoe at the TV...she replied..."YEAH YOU SURE DO HAVE A TYPE". She is dating 2 white guys at the same time and she has the nerve to comment on his dating White Women. There had to be a black chick in the room when that script was written! So eventually they put him with a black chick as they always do! So in other words... GTFOH!!!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I thought that this was this thread was for. Potential IR? I asked the same thing about The Invisible Man to @JamalSpunky I know you seen his answer.

Anyway before Michael Fayne started turning he was like some sort of ladies man actor that bed many women and all of a sudden some of those women turned up dead after their tryste. The two actresses I named play Vampires on the show as well and he becomes a Dracula like Leader of the Vampires.

One of the women as told in the books was a blonde who he had bed:
    As Fayne bent to pick up his boxers he saw that her blouse was pretty badly torn. It made him smile. Real raw passion. You could never fake that in a film. When it happens like that, its fast and furious and its not pretty, but damn if it isnt fun.
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13498652-v-wars

They like many shows and movies are changing things as well. For instance Fayne and Swann are being labeled as friends on the show but they weren't in the books.

From the female casting, to the character he plays and even the books mentioning his bloody rendezvous with women I thought that was enough for potential IR.

4. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I agree with both your point and the other reply. I think what we should do is to make sure either there is a scene in the trailer or the synopsis clearly states that a particular black male actor will be in a relationship with a particular white female actress before it gets posted in my opinion because I'm pretty sure he'll be in some sort of relationship with a A White Woman, look at my comment about the last TV show he was in and had 2 White Women.

5. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Come on, man. You can't go throwing questions about the "Invisible Man" and then come back here to put up this jigsaw of disconnected pieces. I don't care who Adrian Holmes is playing; what I do care about is that his character's name isn't even mentioned in the description you provided from the source. The only person who appears in the breakdown of the series is the man played by the WHITE MALE LEAD. That's not a good sign, friend. And to make it worse you claim that the show has a bunch of non-black women as if that means anything. We have seen such shows in which the lone black male character still isn't getting any of that particular action because TPTB don't think his sex life is crucial or the character gets eventually a recurring black girlfriend/wife or because the character is gay. Hell, we've seen series that gave all of the available women to a study white lead.

It's possible that this Holmes guy could get a love interest but there's no guarantee of that, especially a black man with a character actor's face. You should really wait on getting confirmation or descriptions that lead towards a strong suggestion he will be getting some IR thing. Until then what you are doing goes beyond speculation; its pretty much wishful thinking. Why add this clutter? This ain't your first rodeo, bro. LOL.

6. JamalSpunky

HELL NO! :D

7. JamalSpunky

But have YOU seen the answer?

How can you even compare the two? From official sources and the trades Aldis Hodge is the LEAD MALE CHARACTER.

His character is described as caring deeply about Elizabeth Moss' character who is the female lead.

His character is a single dad.

The Invisible Man is to be the villain of the piece, a former boyfriend of Moss; character who abused her. She thought she had escaped him because she thought he died.

You see all of this is actual info, released statements and plot points from which you can infer piece possibilities together.

Both Hodge and Moss, THE LEADS, are single, not attached or tied down to other people. Typically the two announced male and female leads hook up in some capacity. It doesn't always happen but you would typically be safe on betting the house. Still I wouldn't have even included them as another coupling in this thread if it weren't for the line about Hodge's character caring deeply about Moss' character. That's pretty straightforward in Hollywood announcements lingo. He has feelings for her; she'll probably have some for him too. Even if they don't become a couple by the end of the film they still count if they demonstrate romantic feelings towards one another. And also based on the description of Moss' character's history with the Invisible Man it seems highly unlikely that she will want to get back with that scumbag former boyfriend. There is a reason why he is considered the bad guy. Making the main heroine want to be with the man who abused her is pretty much a no-no in mainstream Hollywood flicks....unless possibly the new Star Wars trilogy.

Match that to this VWars stuff in which we know NOTHING about this black dude whom you are assuming will have a hookup with one of the non-black women on the show. His name is not mentioned therefore any connection he has to any character goes unmentioned as well. If he was THE LEAD and there were all of these young, attractive women in the cast I could understand including V-Wars because surely the LEAD GUY would hook up with one of them. Actually I'm not even sure about that considering what went down in the short-lived Blade TV series.

8. JamalSpunky

Ha ha. You make it sound as if its in his contract.

9. JamalSpunky

Once again...let me show you how its done.

Untitled Disney Fairy Tale

Lakeith Stanfield
    Olivia Cooke

[​IMG]

Disney picked up screenwriter Cat Vasko’s untitled fairy tale project, which is being developed by the parent company’s live-action film team for the Disney+ streaming platform set to launch later this year. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before helmer Susan Johnson has closed her deal to direct the pic with Olivia Cookeand LaKeith Stanfield in talks to star

https://deadline.com/2019/06/olivia-cooke-lakeith-stanfield-disney-fairy-tale-movie-1202637432/

Susan Johnson (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before) will direct from a script by Cat Vasko, while Andrew Lazar and Ben Simpson will produce for Mad Chance. The trades have kept plot details under wraps, but according to Scriptshadow, the story follows a prince who sets off on a journey with his princess-to-be in order to lift a spell that’s made her really boring. Along the way, they discover a shocking reality about their existence — they’re actually one of the Grimm fairy tales, and they’ve disrupted the entire fairy tale universe with their quest. Scriptshadow describes the story as a subversive take on fairy tales, a la Shrek, Enchanted and the recent spec Fairy Godmother, which is in development at MGM.

http://collider.com/lakeith-stanfield-olivia-cooke-disney-fairy-tale/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. JamalSpunky

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Oh OK, than you should've mentioned that in your post.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  12. darkcurry

*Sigh* Adrian is in all 10 episodes. - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7403736/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

And once again the description reads "After a mysterious disease begins transforming people into vampires, Dr. Luther Swann is pitted against his best friend, now a powerful vampire leader."

One google search and you see BOTH Ian and Adrian attached to it. Read how the story plays out it features Fayne more than Swann.

That is VERY wide open man! Caring deeply can mean ANYTHING! And if TPTB are around this that means no romance! Then you said if they don't have a romance it still counts if they demonstrate it. What? lol.

I gave you a bit of what Adrian Holmes' character is like from the book which has him being a ladies' man type. He had many encounters with women before being caught. You think that is going to be mostly black women or all black women? Well I think caring deeply especially when it's one-sided means friendship more than IR.

And the two white actresses I named play vampires. One of them could've been turned by him. Because in the book the first sister is described as being infected with the disease after an encounter with Michael Fayne. They don't expound on that, but maybe the show will to SHOW how she came down with it.

Now see this is TOTALLY different from potential. Because she plays his princess. lol. Because as the description reads 'they are in talks to STAR in an untitled fairy tale movie.'

This is different from BOTH The Invisible Man and V-Wars. And for now I'm going to do exactly that. No more 'potential' from me to avoid all of this.

13. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Saw at WalMart yesterday of a DVD called The World We Make starring Caleb Castille and Rose Reid of a friendship united from tragedy. Because of the rating I doubt there would be IR lovin.

14. JamalSpunky

I don't care how the story plays out in some book. You must know by now that TV adaptations of books don't always follow the same storylines, don't always produce the same results. There is no suggestion of IR for the show, no trailer for us to possibly detect something, no mention of the damn name of the character the black actor is playing in the description. Nothing. Now if it turns out that there is IR with this black dude every other minute then people can point it out and celebrate it and I'll offer up my apologies. But until there is some confirmation or true hint of any of this all you are doing is taking up space for a thread dedicated to those who want a little more certainty than a complete guessing game.

The declared lead male character is given a few basic descriptions by the trades. These type of descriptions serve as the foundation of how this character is to be viewed by media types before the first teaser is released (trades are mostly for media consumption and film diehards). Its not too dissimilar to the type of info you would give studio execs when you are pitching a movie idea. The two descriptions this guy gets is that he is a single dad and that he cares deeply about the lead female character. The former sets up his family status and his availability for potential romance since he is not weighed down to a wife. The latter strongly suggests that he would like to use that availability on Moss's character, who is the female lead. There was absolutely no reason for that second description (he cares deeply for her) in this film announcement unless it was of some importance in terms of why he is crucial to the plot and/or what his role would be. The studios nor the trades waste lines unless those lines are essential to the core of what a character is about. Now in this case t could end up meaning that he cares about this woman like a brother, but that's unlikely. What is more likely is that he has feelings for her, something not so uncommon between the female and male leads of a motion picture. Whether she reciprocates remains to be seen. She could have feelings for him too but since its a horror movie to an extent that angle may not be played out and at the end of the film if they both come out of this danger alive, either one of them may want to pack up and leave in order to get away from the horrible memories of what they just experienced. But that would still count as an IR even if they don't walk away hand-in-hand into the sunset. Some of the best "romances" in Hollywood films have been between people who have had feelings for one another but can't consummate those feelings because of particular situations and roadblocks. How is that hard to understand?

Plus I'm pretty sure when the script was written the writer did not have a black guy in mind so the character itself likely got the White Male Treatment. When they cast the biracial Storm Reid as the young girl TPTB could have still chosen a white actor for the part but went with a black guy. Could that mean tampering down a semblance of a romance? Possibly. But ON PAPER this looks like a potential couple. It has all of those early signs.

Of course if no such feelings or romance or relationship develops between them and we learn of that through a trailer, more casting or seeing the actual movie, we can make note of it in this thread or another. But right now, based on how this business does things with its film announcements, my money would be on these two lead having a strong, emotional attachment and feelings for one another at the very least.

Perhaps but right now, as pointed out earlier, we don't know how much this TV version will be faithful to the book. And to be honest if the black guy is the bad vampire who has a stable of women, is it really a relationship with these chicks if he is using his magical powers to draw them in? If he was the lead I'm sure TPTB would play up the true feelings he generates from his victims but he is the bad guy so any attraction the ladies have to him are likely superficial.

Let me add that there is nearly a dozen more other potential examples I could list but I don't have enough info or confirmation to make such assumptions. A couple of those I already posted as "speculation". For me to use Invisible Man was because at this time it checked enough boxes to warrant its placement based upon the criteria I established just by creating this thread. Its not like I threw it out there on a whim. This VWars thing however, with all due respect, meets none of that criteria.

15. JamalSpunky

Not an upcoming film anymore. And its one that has been discussed a lot in other threads.

By the way when you write "IR lovin" do you mean sex? Because sex on screen is not a criteria and as has been pointed out in another thread sex on screen is happening less across the board regardless of the racial makeup of the onscreen pairings.

16. Soulthinker

Tried on search and nothing shown on flick l mentioned.

17. Soulthinker

You talk about the 'friendship' flicks. Every peck on the check ones.

18. darkcurry

You're acting as if hollywood still doesn't do this "caring deeply" in a platonic way with black men and white women on screen. Even though progress has been made that still happens and that is not enough to go by to say 'A-ha! Romance!" You're going by potential with very little information just like I did you just didn't like the way I did it. Fine. I'm not doing 'potential' anymore like I said to keep this thread from being derailed by us arguing.

And can you PLEASE go to the IMDB link I put up because it clearly says in the cast he is playing the titled vampire character. That is the third time I put up a link listing him as Michael Fayne. You guys are acting like that it's invisible.

Speaking of Invisible you do know that if there is no IR in The Invisible Man but there is in V-Wars you know I'm coming back to this right? lol.

19. darkcurry

Black Widow Actor( O-T Fagbenle) Teases Love Interest in Stand-alone Movie - Comic Con 2019

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/sdcc-2019-marvel-studios-black-widow

The cast for the film, directed by Cate Shortland, includes Scarlett Johansson returning in the title role, along with David Harbour, Florence Pugh, O-T Fagbenle, and Rachel Weisz.

Harbour will play Alexei, aka The Red Guardian, who in the comics is the Soviet Union's created equivalent of Captain America. Pugh will play Yelena, a "sister figure" to Natasha Romanoff, which very likely means she's playing the second Black Widow from the comics, Yelena Belova. Rounding out the cast are Fagbenle as Mason, a "fixer" who's romantically linked to Natasha, and Weisz in the still-mysterious role of Melina.

20. JamalSpunky

I mentioned this as a possibility back on page one of this thread under the tile of Some More Speculation. I thought there could be something going on there because Fagbenle was going to be the most virile man in the main cast (definitely wasn't Harbour). But I was not going to give them a separate post until there was some sort of confirmation or at least a strong indication. I'm serious about that type of thing so when I post something here there is going to be about a 90% chance it is legit. This weekend pretty much confirms some sort of romantic attachment between Fagbenle and Scarlett's characters'. It has gone over the heads of a lot people who covered the Comic Con events but then again some of them are clueless enough to still think Harbour, not Fagbenle, is playing the Taskmaster.

Anyway Fagbenle did his best trying to avoid the topic but was basically pressed into giving an affirmative answer. Most importantly he did so on the main stage in Hall H when asked. These questions weren't directed at him because of the intuition of the hostess of the event; she was almost assuredly given this info from the Marvel brass.

Oh, and fuck that bitch from syfywire asking the dude if the Black Widow "needs" a love interest, something I'm sure her ass wouldn't do if she was addressing a white actor who had been rumored of being the same thing.

I was going to wait a couple of days before I posted anything but I had a feeling someone here would beat me to the punch. But let's do it right.....