IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Accepting the fact that people are self interested, and that “love” is merely a chemical reaction (a chemical reaction that calms over time like a drug, which, in turn, requires people to find new people to get that rush again... thus, explaining cheating), as well as the current social trends, it makes it quite easy to avoid relationships. The only relationships that I allow myself are of the “quid pro quo” variety. If they are no longer useful, it is time to end.

2. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Of course it’s biased. Unfortunately there are still a few things you can’t calculate like maths. Do you think any woman in this world would like to have a baby if we thought about it purely logical?

3. meowkittenmeow

Level headed or not, that is the product of either obligation, or the lack of better options. The definition of “better” varies greatly between the genders.

4. meowkittenmeow

If you balance it with logic, you will find a lack of benefit towards marriage. Even in the set up of having a two parent home, it can easily fall apart if the relationship is failing, but they are staying together “for the kids”. Either situations can have a lasting negative affect on the offspring. I feel it to be a more logical decision to avoid marriage entirely.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

But they do use logic to an extent. That's why it's so important for a man to be financially stable. If they can think about something other than love, why shouldn't guys?

I didn't suggest it to be thought of as purely logical, but only to add logic to a naturally emotional decision.

6. Madeleine

So you think anyone who stays on together past the initial, endorphin stage of live is in it only out of obligation? It can actually be quite nice to be with someone you love, but you know them well enough to also know their weaknesses and you are comfortable enough to no longer feel sick to the stomach because of too many butterflies. There are other good things that come out of longer relationships.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If you want kids it becomes logical. You don't want another man around them and you don't want the courts in your business just because she got mad at you.

8. Madeleine

One should still be reasonable because “love” alone doesn’t make it work if two people have opposite ideas of everything.
    And by the way if you want to avoid that “chemistry” that makes people delusional, don’t give a woman an orgasm...the rush of oxytocin has the strongest bonding and adhesive effect possible lol. It’s the same hormone that is released during birth (though in higher quantities) that makes women fall in love and bond with their newborn. Which is why many women have a hard time distinguishing sex and love. It’s all chemistry.

9. meowkittenmeow

Go overseas and hire a surrogate. If you can’t afford it, don’t have kids. Lol, if you have children with anyone these days you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Off subject, I am considering making a milkshake this weekend. I am looking into recipes at the moment.

10. meowkittenmeow

Obligation of children, or finances. Many people have various reasons as to why they feel obligated (even if they aren’t actually obligated).

11. Madeleine

Lmao that’s quite the change of topic. Thought you are a vegan? You could always use almond milk of course.

12. Madeleine

You are right, there’s obligation in a marriage with kids. There’s also joy that comes from seeing said kids grow up and potentially a supportive partnership and love, even if it’s not the mad kind of love all the time. Ideally speaking.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm just making sure i don't become delusional. I'm a tough cookie, but knowing I'm not invincible is part of the reason I'm able to be so. I'm about keeping myself in check. And if a woman marries a man that doesn't even so much as make her orgasm. Either he is rich or delusional or maybe both. I don't see how it can be a healthy relationship.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LOL. You just need a home made recipe for ice cream then add some cashew milk butter pecan is the shizzle....lol But seriously,being a parent means it's not about you anymore so you would want the mother to be around for the child.

15. Madeleine

Yeah no, I meant before. To avoid being deceived by the hormones in the decision making, don’t make her orgasm lol. When married of course it’s very important, that’s when the bonding effect comes in handy. I think a lot of marriages could be saved if people didn’t stop (or almost stop) having sex.
    Remember what we said in the other thread about premarital sex being negatively correlated with marital stability. People need to have less sex when they supposed to make a good decision and more afterwards. But they are doing it the other way round lol.

16. meowkittenmeow

I left veganism in favor of regulating my body’s hormone output. I mostly eat rice, veggies, and protein shakes with a few eggs. Veganism isn’t particularly healthy for me.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Sheeeeit. Mediocre sex supposed to be the answer? FU** that noise.

18. meowkittenmeow

Untrue, as it assumes that all mothers are good for the child. Sometimes, not having the mother around is the safest bet. I think having positive women around is a more solid option.

19. Madeleine

Huh? How did you read that into my post??

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

FU** Veganism LOLOLOL