The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Oh she was definitely being serious LOL

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

It has to be said that Swamp Thing gets all the babes. Must be his raw power and savoir faire.

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

As long as he's not black, no one has any problem with it LOL

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Spencer Dales was born into a world of magic. His father belongs to the Aegis, a secret society of black magicians ordered by their unseen masters to better the lives of others—those with greater potential—but never themselves. Now it’s time for Spencer to follow in his father’s footsteps, but all he sees is a broken system in need of someone with the wand and the will to change it. But in this fight for a better future, who will stand beside him? Artist KHARY RANDOLPH (We Are Robin, Noble, Black, TECH JACKET) and Writer BRANDON THOMAS (HORIZON, The Many Adventures of Miranda Mercury, Noble, Voltron) ignite a generational war in this action-fantasy series, made entirely by creators of color, and committed to one truth above all others—Excellence is Real.

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Okay you've got me. I'm interested. When does this launch?

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It's already out in comic shops. Came out this past Wednesday.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Do they offer it online?

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I don't know. Maybe Comixology or some other online comic service may have it. It depends since some offer new comics online the same time as hard copies drop and some you have to wait six months to a year before newer stuff is available to their service.

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Me and my brother played Only The Strong non stop as kids

10. meowkittenmeow

I think I still own that on VHS, LOL

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Drive was the shit back in the day.

12. meowkittenmeow

With Kadeem? Yeah, that movie was so underrated. I think it was an HBO film. That shit was so damn good. It’s a shame that their Crow TV show never got the support it needed.

13. SilverSmith

Spoiler alert *
    Don't click on the video if you have yet to see the first episode of season 6.

14. SilverSmith

On the heels of the "Heroes United" teaser, AMC has released a new Fear the Walking Dead Season 5 clip titled “Not Done Yet.” The new season arrives on June 2.

[​IMG]

15. samson1701

That movie was criminally underrated. And, Brittany Murphy was in it. Bruh ...

But, the Crow TV show was awful. The show runner was the same guy who ruined M.A.N.T.I.S.. Both of those shows should've been so much better.

16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

M.A.N.T.I.S.!!! Lololol! I forgot all about that show lol. Bruh, you took me WAY back with that one lol

Edit:
    The TV show intro

The entire first episode

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Just in case we still have some folks who haven't seen Endgame yet.

Endgame Directors Confirm Loki Created An Alternate Timeline

[​IMG]

The rules of time travel described in Avengers: Endgame were a departure from the ones used in many other stories, and they left audiences with questions about what exactly happened at certain points in the film.

One wild scene has Tom Hiddleston's Loki making a major change to the past by stealing the Tesseract and escaping, rather than being taken into Asgardian custody as he was in the parallel scene in 2012's The Avengers.

Joe and Anthony Russo, the directors of Endgame, have shed some light on the consequences of Loki's actions in an interview with Business Insider. The question posed to the directors referred to the end of the film, in which Captain America (Chris Evans) restores the six Infinity Stones to their proper places and times.

"At the end, when Cap brings the stones back in time, does he correct all the timelines that got screwed up?" Business Insider's Travis Clark asked the Russos. "Is there a past Loki still out there?"

"The intent was that [Cap] was going to correct the past timelines at the point that the stones left," Joe Russo clarified. He then explained that by taking one of the Stones out of place, Loki "would create his own timeline," just as fans have been speculating.

"It gets very complicated," he continued, "but it would be impossible for [Cap] to rectify the timeline unless he found Loki. The minute that Loki does something as dramatic as take the Space Stone, he creates a branched reality."

Hiddleston will be starring as Loki in his own TV series on Disney+, so the new timeline he created may explain the setting of the show, especially since the character was killed in the main timeline in last year's Avengers: Infinity War.

One way or another, it's clear the events of Endgame have changed the Marvel Cinematic Universe in ways that will affect every new movie and show that comes after it. For example, the newest trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home references the multiple dimensions now established as part of the MCU.

As Anthony Russo says of Loki's split timeline, "We're dealing with this idea of multiverses and branched realities, so there are many realities."

18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Since y'all have me in such a retro mood, I'll share that I randomly watched part of the first episode of this show just last night.

19. samson1701

Nah, bro. The 2hr M.A.N.T.I.S. TV movie was pretty sweet for the time. Very black centric in a non-stereotypical way. He made all his own gear with zero help from any white man. But, he had two African helpers who were silent, I think. He was more like a mix of Tony Stark, Batman and Black Panther(because of the proud African influences).

Also, the way the story progressed, you didn't know who MANTIS's secret identify was until half way through it. They set it up where it could've been anyone of three different characters.

I can't remember the kind of car he had. I know it was some tricked out, classic American car like a late 70's Monte or something. And, that bitch could fly if he needed it to. Plus, he had this sweet ass trench coat.

The TV movie was a whole lot different from TV show. When the show actually premiered, they hired a new show runner (dude from the 1st season of Lois and Clark, the Crow TV show, the 2nd Mortal Combat movie, etc ...) and writing staff and they white washed the hell out of it and turned into an cliched, dull, superhero show. Nowhere near as good as the movie.

It's probably dated af, now. But, if you can track it down, check it out. For it's time, it was the shit.

20. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah, shit is about to get crazy. Looking forward to seeing where they go from here with Spider-Man: Far From Home.