Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just saw this clip:

Looks like the folks defending the Cinematographer & Director are on the same page with me.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah no tears for Theon when they cut off his dick. No tears for those boys being burned alive hell no tears for babies being eaten.
    The selective outrage is laughable at this point

3. ColiBreh1

Don't forget about Robb Stark's pregnant Wife being stabbed to death in the stomach during the Red Wedding. No outrage for that. Thank god the scene where Khal Drogo consummates the marriage with Dany happened in the series premiere before GoT became as popular as it has or we would never have heard the end of it.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This isn't funny
    Just plain bland

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think the low budget silliness is the point.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not buying it. I get that it may have been an artistic choice. It would still be a shitty call.
    Naw, I'm not buying any of it. If it was an artistic choice, it was a bad one. Audiences want to see the action. Especially, on TV's, laptops, tablets and smartphones all at varying streaming quality. That's how people consume content these days. To make content, that is specifically created for the home market, only viewable under optimal conditions with no warning of the calibrations needed, is kind of disrespectful to the intended audience.

That's like me mixing a client's song to sound good on my semi-pro monitors then telling him, "Fuck you, get better speakers or headphones if you want this mix to sound good." Obviously, that wouldn't fly. I have to make sure that song will sound good on crappy earbuds and computer speakers as well as top end monitor systems. That's the job.

I watched it, at night, in a dark room on my 42" plasma. Part of the reason I keep my old plasma is because nothing does blacks like it. OLEDs maybe, but I'm not dropping that kind of cash on a TV just yet. Now, my set isn't calibrated. I'm going to do that and see how much better it makes things when I rewatch the episode. But, as I stated earlier, I shouldn't have to.

Also, I use the HBONow app on my Amazon Fire stick to watch it. Far as I know, (I could be wrong or this may have changed) HBO only puts out 720p to stream. I wonder if people who use traditional cable got a better experience?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. ColiBreh1

Saw this other clip where the cinematographer blames the issues on the shirts compression quality because so many people were trying to watch the episode episode at the same time:

9. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Samson1701 - I bought a Samsung 4K over Thanksgiving 2017 . . . it was on sale because it was not the newest Smart Ultra Hi-Def model at the time but rather the 2016 model I assumed. Hit up your Walmart online store and see how affordable this 40 inch Samsung 4K Smart TV is . . . its a great value as I only paid $350 tax included. I still want the Vizio M-Series 55 inch 4K but I keep procrastinating so maybe this fall over Thanksgiving lol

Verizon FiOS provided me an immaculate viewing experience last weekend . . . and their 4K box only just came out so I still have the HD 1080p Verizon FIOS bx from years ago . . . spectacular picture & sound for "Game of Thrones" and I really recommend FIOS to all! I once went FIVE months without paying my bill no BS . . . try that with Comcast lol

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. But, I'm holding out for a 75" or larger 4k, OLED for less than $700. I don't need it to be a smart tv. Just be a quality set with a great picture.

11. Young Herschel

Anyone hoping like me that Lord Varys wakes up and remembers that he is more than a potted plant this Sunday??

Advise Queen Daenerys to fly down to Dorne and replenish her food supply and troop levels . . . or at least go as her emissary and make inquiries to the powers that be down in Dorne as Varys did before with Ellaria Sand. Remind Dany that she has distant relations in House Dayne of Starfall at the very least and that the worse they could say is no we are no longer interested in the Iron Throne . . . our royal aspirations are too attenuated in both time and space.

A royal visit to Starfall would be a plausible ingress to gaining some military allies in Dorne . . .plenty of produce and livestock unharmed by the harsh effects of the Westerosi winter as well as a substantial number of ground troops numbering in the thousands!!!

12. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Varys is going to die in the next 3 episodes. The Red Woman told him he would die in the strange land of Westeros, like she.

I have a feeling Dany is going to call on Dario Noharis with the troops she left behind in Mereen, because their army will definitely need to be replenished.

I also have a feeling Dany doesn't survive to the end of the show. They're setting it up pretty nicely for Sansa and Dany to square off and Dany is looking a little more "mad" and not listening to her advisors (she didn't take Tyrion's advice to keep the Tarlys alive).

I think Jon Snow will be forced to kill Dany to either avenge Sansa's death or protect her.

I also think the Iron Throne will be destroyed, because Jon Snow has zero interest in being a ruler.

On an aside, I don't care if no one else agrees with me, but I LOVED how they ended the Night King. It was swift and refreshing after all of the fighting during that episode.

13. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  14. ColiBreh1

Why did you put that The Verge article in a Tinyurl?

15. ColiBreh1

Music video dropped today:

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

And just like that The Mad Queen Has Arrived.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Young Herschel

Well . . . well . . . well I had only hoped lol. I'm hoping we get to see this new Dornish Prince that Lord Varys mentioned tonight . . . could it be the Bloodroyal of House Yronwood or the Lord of Starfall ~ Edric Dayne?

I'm just glad that even passing mention was made to Dorne . . . I'm just hopeful it will be meaningful

18. Young Herschel

I'm calling it now . . . out of a sense of family, duty, honor . . .

Arya is traveling south to close the beautiful eyes of . . .

Queen Cersei? NO!!! Queen Daenerys!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  19. Young Herschel

20. Young Herschel

Is anyone thinking like I am or even wondering just a little . . .

whether Daenerys was betrayed by Varys last night by how unawares caught she was by the Iron Fleet of Cersei Lannister? This is now the third time that a successful naval attack has been carried out by the Iron Fleet