BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree. Met some quality British and Canadian women in my time. I really need to get back over there and visit some old friends.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This is the only IR scene I remember being in SMILF. It was a fantasy dream she was having.
    Snapshot 1 (4-18-2019 9-59 PM).png Snapshot 2 (4-18-2019 9-59 PM).png

3. darkcurry

Speaking of The Outer Limits. They did have a couple IR relationships on their show. One was with Eugene Byrd and Julie Patzwald entitled 'Fathers & Sons'.

[​IMG]

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I watched the "Whiskey Cavalier" series premiere last night. Good pilot.

5. meowkittenmeow

Yes, that's it. She hits on a number of black men, and seems to prefer them. The issue, and comedic nature of the show is based in the fact that she is a train wreck. Thus, the black men avoid her. So, it shows a desire for black men, but doesn't cheapen it by creating some black savior that saves her from her problems/self (IE. the "Magical Negro" trope). I found that rather respectful and on point. The idea of, "If your life is a mess, you will have to get your shit together before getting a black man" is a very uncommon trope, and one I hope to see more of.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I watched a show on the HBO app way way back, called The Boring Life of Jacqueline. It was similar in that regard. She had a crush on a recurring black character. But she was a mess, and he wasn't interested. At least he wasn't at first. I don't remember if they eventually hooked up or not, but I don't think they did.

It was a short series, maybe 10 or 12 episodes. And the episodes were only about 15 minutes long if I recall correctly.

7. ColiBreh1

I just looked up "The Boring Life of Jacqueline". It doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Here's the IMDb page. According to Reddit, the show disappeared from HBOGo.
    https://imdb.com/title/tt2165141/

9. meowkittenmeow

Interesting.

10. darkcurry

Kind of disagree here because that only works if she is ACTUALLY getting with a black man or there is a black love interest that's made to be the ideal(Kind of like in the movie All About Anna). I watched a few episodes and they show none of that. Black men are not even apart of the main cast.

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I can see your point. It's no great credit to us to be held as an "ideal" if there's never any real interaction. It just becomes another method to collectively Heisman us all lol.

12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope l rent that flick.

13. meowkittenmeow

True, we are not a part of the main cast, and the only male that is, is her hispanic "baby-daddy". There aren't really any male main characters, all her friends are women, and they kind of all have their own train wreck lives. It's kind of uber realistic. The more episodes you watch, the more it is made painfully obvious. The "Ideal" changes, depending on the season and episode, but I don't remember her having a fantasy about anyone white. But, I am all caught up with the show.

I will say that if you are looking for a full blown black man/white woman show, this isn't it. But, there is interracial throughout at various points. It isn't a rom-com, so the black savior boyfriend/love-interest thing isn't going to happen.

14. darkcurry

Yes, that is something I touched on before. We seen it in movies like Hell's Kitchen where Hollywood don't have a problem showing IR couples, but IR intimacy is something that bothers them. Or you get these ones where they don't have a problem showing IR intimacy but IR Love and showing the black guy as the love interest bothers them. I guarantee you both of those groups of people are disgusted with each other. lol. Smh.

Yeah there is another one, but I couldn't find it on mrskin or aznude so it's probably somewhere else. lol.

15. meowkittenmeow

She has a lot of fantasies, so it's kind of all over the place. The show is rather entertaining, and I am impressed by Rosie O'Donnell's work.

16. ColiBreh1

Watching this week's episode of "New Amsterdam" (Season 1, Episode 18). Is Janet Montgomery pregnant IRL or something? It's weird that they've quietly temporarily written her character out of the show in the 2nd half of this season. The only thing that makes sense is she's gotta be pregnant IRL & is taking time off from the show.

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I do believe that's the case. [Enter ill-advised comment about noticing her weight gain here]

18. darkcurry

That was a GREAT guess!

Janet Montgomery, star of 'New Amsterdam' and
    'This Is Us,' reveals emergency C-section

[​IMG]
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...amsterdam-has-emergency-c-section/3090753002/

I'm glad her and the baby are doing okay.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BukR0TEh-0Q/?utm_source=ig_embed

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The producers handled her real - life pregnancy by having her character enter rehab for prescription drug abuse. Those episodes aired in mid-Feb.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Be careful with those potential spoilers, @SilverSmith lol!