BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

What wish was that?

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Keep black men as side characters and not heart throbes. That's the entire CW platform on every single show. Better watch shows on Freeform if you want to see black men desired.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. The Dark King

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Legacies aren't headed down that path though. Fan reactions to black men and IR couples on screen will lead changes to that as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. The Dark King

We'll see just noticed a pattern along every single CW show. Black men can rarely be leads or be a love interest of a lead unless lead is gay and ironically white. The formula is breaking down though as viewers shift from networks to streaming.

6. darkcurry

I legit always thought(mainly because I rarely pay attention the credits) that Nina Dobrev created this show.
    [​IMG]

Corrine Kingsbury with the script, Fam’s creator/producer/writer.

Watched the season finale earlier tonight and it was great and I believed marked the first wedding between a black man and white woman leads on a mainstream primetime TV show. Especially one like CBS. I give the first season of this show a B-. It really grew as the season went along and these characters were developed. Looking forward to seeing if they'll keep it for season 2.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Actually I was referring to a previous post in this thread where @Young Herschel mentioned that on the hater site I like to whine about, they're jealous of all these black male characters on "Legacies" & no black female characters.

EDIT:

@The Dark King What shows on Freeform besides "Cloak & Dagger, "Grown-ish", & "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" fall under your example of "if you want to see black men desired"?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. I so much want to see more of this show. I think the wiring could be better, but I'm hooked enough to want more.

9. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Watching Black Summer on Netflix now. Feels like Dawn of the Dead right now as I get started . . . promising IR though with Jamie King and I can see these two getting together as the Black National Guard guy just saved her life and she is gratefully hugging him as I type this text. Dawn is one of my favorite mid 2000 movies as I absolutely loved the Director's cut. I'm going to keep watching an see how it goes but I like it so far ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Keep us updated lol!

11. darkcurry

Yes, The remake of Dawn Of The Dead was one of those rare remakes that became a cult classic! I have not yet seen Black Summer I passed it by when going on Netflix. But I'll get around to it, hopefully. The trailer looked okay, but the synopsis sounded intriguing.

12. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Buddy, I am on Episode 5 right now. It's good.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. darkcurry

Fam was number one in it's time slot last night with a rating of 0.80/4.941 million and ended the season averaging 0.89/5.98 million households. https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fam-season-one-ratings/

I checked it out and didn't realize it was number in it's time slot 8 times this season including one time in a earlier time slot at 8:30 pm. So I think this is definitely getting picked up for season 2, but as TV execs are they'll try to air it at an earlier time to see how it would fair. But I would be shocked looking at some of the overall numbers if this doesn't get picked up.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. darkcurry

Oh, it's a TV show!? lol.

@Young Herschel !!! Wrong thread, bro. lol.

15. ColiBreh1

You talking about this dude?:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl1IBL_lWTO/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ColiBreh1

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I saw this show on the schedule but had no clue what it was about. Thanks for sharing some intriguing light.

18. darkcurry

Seen commercials about this show but I have no idea what it's about.

19. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Yes of course but with just two episodes left they have only teased IR kisses by having Jamie longingly look into his eyes as she slowly approaches him for an apparent kiss which at the very last milliseconds transitions into an intimate embrace lol but I'm hoping these instances are harbingers of an IR climax in the last episodes.

20. She needa just forget about her husband now lmao that nigga a zombie now girl!