Dating apps and IR

Discussion in 'How To Meet White Women and Black Men' started by Soulthinker, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True indeed.

2. Soulthinker

I said in the past of overseas women white or otherwise are the best. American WW are not bold enough on wanting to meet a brother. I had seen only a few. Just wished there are more foreign women.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

What you are describing is a lack of maturity on the man's part (which could be said is a lack of substance....kindof ironic eh?!) Which of course has nothing to do with age. I see women complaining about such men all the time. The thing that would be good to realize is that it's a gift when they spout that stuff, it shows you who/how they are and if we are smart we will avoid them. What you said goes the same for men. Women will go on about how she really wants a relationship but then she goes on about needing a man who's x height and looks a certain way has certain things and she can't understand why she keeps getting guys who treat her like crap. I've said things about this many times on this forum. It's much easier to complain about others rather than to look inward.

We all have our preferences. I'd rather be with a man who prefers me.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

So the dating apps and going for international stuff.....I find it amusing. My guess is most won't ever actually meet. So it's just a game going on.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

ST - You have repeatedly said things about American white women not being bold enough. Maybe you aren't being bold enough. For years you've talked about how much better foreign women are....are you with one though?

6. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

Yep, suspect that is what might be happening, they say with foreign women it does not feel like a game, but it is very easy to swipe left right on a smartphone, whole other thing to actually meet and be in a relationship for any length of time.

7. missshyness

Yeah, I think there is the exotic factor might be going on with some of those foreign women you are meeting. Just know they are human too, don't exotisize them too much, they might be all over you upon first meeting, but the true appreciation will come out in how well they treat you long term, if you go or have gone long term that is.

I also think it might come down to the cultural histories of the US and Europe. As we all know, the US has a long and deep ugly history of slavery. Although we are in the 21st century, interracial relationships are still quite taboo in many parts, so some American women might be reflecting this and you might be feeling this in their treatment of you, don't know.

Again though, don't write us all off altogether, we are varied as well, perhaps you have just not found a good US woman yet. Also, before placing any blame at another's feet or noticing their shortcomings, check yourself as well? is there anything you could be doing better to perhaps get results or relationships that feel right?

I have also thought that in many ways, Europe is a lot more progressive in general, especially when it comes to the environment and things like that, so it could follow into other areas as well, like culture and dating. In addition, some of the European nations are older than the US so they have had more time to develop melting pots and culture mixing, and progressive attitudes and ideas. Not that the US all a bad place, it has its unique qualities as well, just different vibes and cultures.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  8. missshyness

Yes, I would too. Yep, they are doing us a favor by showing themselves and immaturity, when one sees that kind of baggage, time to run the other way.

I have a feeling a lot of it is sort of fantasy stuff, and who doesn't like to all of a sudden get all this positive attention overseas, when back home they find they don't get that much, they might have to work at it more, since the novelty factor is not there as much.

Much like shows like the bachelor bachelorette, it can be easy to be excited about someone under great settings; all those places they get to visit on dates, but the true test is when they are back home.

I think place, a new and exciting country can also add to the feeling of positivity when meeting foreign women, it is the newness, the otherness of it all.

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

In regards to the maturity aspect, it definitely can be an issue. But the same can be said for anyone regardless of gender. The rules are rarely as black and white when it comes to dating as a black man in America. I don’t particularly agree with his wording, but I am not going to pretend me being black wasn’t an issue rather often at his age.

10. meowkittenmeow

Considering that the young man is being approached based on “Instagram followers”, I can see his point. The current stock of people (men and women) under 30 are of a completely different mindset than how they were when I was dating in my 20s. Factor that in with race still being an issue for many, I get where he is coming from, although I disagree with some of it as well as his wording.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You pointed out what I've said often times. Yes there are many amazing white women in the US who don't bow to social pressures about who they should or should not date but overall if you are a black man you aren't considered good dating material in the general Zeigiest of American culture. You feel it when you notice not only who you see casted pushed as a heartthrob or a person of desire but also when you see who is often seen as either sexless or criminal. Its spelled out for women that black men aren't a good choice. Even black women when given the creative control don't see black men as a heartthrob or good mating choice unless he is a groveling mess who bows down.
    Now juxtapose that to the cultural norm of European countries or even Canada. You can either have black male lead like in Luther or Misfits and its just normal no big deal or at the very least the cultural landscape doesn't paint you as criminal.
    Unless incredibly liberal or seeking money for donations American raisied white women aren't nearly as comfortable and at ease with me.
    I don't know what we can do to change it but I do hear black men who experience it its very visible.

12. meowkittenmeow

Solid points, man. I think their issue was the implication that other white American women lacked substance. I just took the time to look at his age and it filled in the blanks where he failed to. You couldn't pay me to date as a 20plus year old. I think they took offense, because they assumed he was talking about them, when he was, in fact, discussing women in their 20s and the whole social media/sex worker/narcissism/everyone looking like a kardashian craze that has been going on. I think if you are over the age of 35, your mindset is drastically different in comparison to those who grew up with all of this technology and having everything so accessible. Just my opinion. And I agree with each of your points.

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah its rough. I've used dating apps when they were strictly websites like okcupid and pof and even then it had a shopping vibe. People were looking for a perfectly constructed mate and didn't really want to put in work to get to know anyone. Now this swipe left and right culture makes everyone seem so disposable and from the media I consume it seems like its on hyper drive in the US. And like you said its really present in the 20 something crowd. Could be a good thing because I often think if I didn't waste so much time on dating in my 20s I'd be close to being a billionaire by now. Tech has removed the romance of it and made it very functional. Its probably creating a ton of sociopaths but the positive is probably better productivity?

14. meowkittenmeow

Productivity and efficiency don’t always go hand and hand. They are developing people with short attention spans coupled with instant gratification at your fingertips. It will certainly be interesting to see where this will go. But, I don’t believe it is going anywhere positive. But, that could be me just showing my age. I suppose there are positives and negatives. Maybe it will end marriage and people will just focus on the gratification and move on. I suppose in that sense it would allow you to focus on your career. But, with careers that require analysis and patience, it could do more harm than good.

15. Soulthinker

Great words. I hope just friendship since there is no such thing as a sex buddy.

16. Soulthinker

Is ok cupid and pof are just for religious folks or just casual sex sites. Hope to find that site.

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

OK Cupid and POF are definitely NOT religious sites.

18. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! I've never used OKCupid, but I have been on POF, and it's definitely not close to being a religious site. I will say that it was almost like shopping in a thrift store. You may find something good, but you'll likely sift through lots of so-so stuff.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. meowkittenmeow

LMAO @ POF!!! It is definitely like a thrift store. Ugh, that website had the worst on it. It's free for a reason.

20. K

K Well-Known Member

LOL pof ....uh yah from what I hear it's now more like a hooker site since craigslist shut their stuff down! All that being said....a long time friend of mine met a woman on there a couple of months ago and things went pretty well until this week. He was on there for the longest and met some crazy b*&()s though. I've done it, met a couple of friends on there and one man I dated, but it's sooooooooo much crap to weed through. I think the older people get some that are a bit better/more serious than younger ones but no thanks. Oh and the same people are on there years later!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.