The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I think this a no-name site that makes shit up to get web traffic. They made up rumors last month about how multiple Arrowverse shows were gonna get cancelled next season.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd heard that, too. Though, to be honest, I could see next season of Arrow being it's last.

The stories are better this season, but the direction they're going in sucks. They've just about removed everything that was cool about the show.

Legends seemed to have hit it's peak last season. This season is way too much estrogen style story telling. It's like they don't care about the male comic book audience at all. Shit, no one on that show even bothers to suit much anymore.

I wonder what the numbers look like for those two shows this season?

Say what you will about Supernatural being on for 14 seasons, but it still gives a shit about it's core fanbase and tells stories that they find reasonably worth watching.

And if comics are failing, it's because of price and the stories not being male centered power fantasies, anymore. That's why we loved them from the get go. Young boys and men need entertainment that is geared directly to them without said entertainment being filtered through the "female gaze."

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So damn true. Not a fan of Supernatural anymore but I will give them credit for keeping the show about the two brothers and keeping them masculine.
    Arrow lost me with new female archer and making the hockey mask dude bend to every female on the show. Also never forgave them for making Diggle and Mr. Terrific such weak characters. Ironically the only show I still like is the 100 which has a female protagonist who at times is a total Mary Sue but the writing is good and so are the twists.

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I thought the chick from Twilight was blank-faced. Larson makes her look like Kathy Griffin

In the storyline, her memories are wiped so I can see it in the actual movie, like Terminator, but all her photos are like that

It was on this board I found out she actually won an Oscar wtf

Withholding judgement until I see the movie, but this is the first MCU film where I'm going in with a sour feeling about it being honest. Kinda tired of feminists pushing their anti-male bullshit while at the same time begging for our dollars and votes, it makes no sense

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!

I can't tell which one are you insulting because Kathy Griffin... Maaaaaan! LOL!

6. RicardoCooper

Griffin was the most animated/obnoxious woman I could think of at that moment, feel free to add yours :D

7. samson1701

I still watch both Arrow and Supernatural. But, Supernatural is the one that is still enjoyable more often than not. But, I don't think I got into it until 2009 or 2010. So, I'm not as burned out on the show as others may be.

With Arrow, I'm guessing they're going to wrap the show up after next season. That's how it feels to me. The female archer didn't bother me. She's from the comics and I think she'll remain in the background.

As I said, the story is better. They seem to be trimming some of the fat. I just don't like the direction. And fight scenes are aweful. They need to bring back the guys from the first few seasons. All that said, I'm curious about how they'll wrap the show of. Would be nice if the "Infinite Crisis" crossover at the beginning of next year does a hard reset on the character and brings things back to the glory days of season 2, quality wise.

Remember, Oliver made some kind of deal with the Monitor in the last crossover. I want to know what he sacrificed and how it'll affect everything else?

Bet they're hoping Batwoman can fill the space that will be vacated by Arrow.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

And it won't.
    We need a break on superheroes

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Maaan you need to revisit the best comic ones. Blank man and mystery men. Lol.

They should do white man next.

10. ColiBreh1

Watching last week's episode of "Gotham" (season 5, Episode 8) right now. Scarface is such a ridiculous villain in live-action. Do you think he could work as a villain in a big-budget live-action Batman film?

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Warner Bros. just released an entirely new Shazam trailer because they know that you couldn't wait for additional footage much longer.

12. samson1701

13. RicardoCooper

14. RicardoCooper

I stick strictly to the cinematic MCU and ignore the TV shows for the most part except for the Netflix Marvel shows and even those I haven't seen DD S3 or Punisher S2 yet. Just a tad burnt out on the genre at this point

15. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

First of all, I’m going to trade a straight razor and some clippers, and fix that damn beard. And that hat can only hide that hairline for so long... :p

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

All hail the King of Monsters! The Big G is on Total Film magazine's latest cover.

[​IMG]

17. ColiBreh1

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

19. samson1701

No. A guy I follow on FB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. meowkittenmeow