Kamala Harris' "blackness" is questioned

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DudeNY12, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Their problem with pharmaceuticals is accessibility, cost and genuineness. Lots of fake drugs from China that scare people. Usually they try all sorts of home remedies before scratching the money together to go to the hospital.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yet they won't try something simple as weed smh.

3. Madeleine

You may want to organise a weed campaign informing them of all the beneficial effects of it. They just don’t know it has that medicinal side. They associate weed with Fela Kuti kinda crazy. (You know him?)
    I think they are open to that sort of thing though. My sister in law was telling me some sort of medicinal property of some odd plant or food on a daily basis when she was here. Cassava cures cancer, garlic does this and that, kola nut is for impotence, raw Shea for arthritis, bitter leaf for liver and Malaria, it goes on and on...they are hard core into phytomedicine so get your weed campaign there, you might be very successful. I’ll connect you to people when you are ready.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm talking the past. Remember the western world as we know it was colonized by a bunch of puritanical Christians who didn't believe in pleasure

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nah I'm not interested in saving humanity. I only seek to understand what I can.

Donating when I can is as good as it's gonna get.

I'll look up Fela Kuti for the sake of gaining more of an understanding.

I pass on knowledge when I can but i won't make it a mission.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I considered that, but when I looked deeper, I don't think that's the issue.

Take religion for example, it didn't wipe out their traditional beliefs, they just added it on to what already dominated the culture.

7. Madeleine

Fair enough, I’m just saying cos you said „they won’t try something simple as weed“...they might if they knew...

Fela Kuti is the father of „Afro-Beat“ and resistance musician.

8. Madeleine

Long and short story is, if ganja had been an actual African thing before colonisation it‘d still be there. But it’s an Indian thing, it came from Hinduism as far as I know. Indians brought it with them to the Caribbean where the Rastafaris incorporated it into their religion.
    That’s not to say there aren’t any weed smokers. I used to have some weed smoking African neighbors when I was at uni. It’s not an actual cultural thing though, it’s just something they learned through reggae and liked.

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Yes, but since it's from India, maybe there just isn't the culture that has evolved around it in the west. I imagine that even in Africa, it's probably something more associated with urban areas, and not really viewed as part of indigenous African culture, or outside their cultural norms.

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

11. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Gays and matriarchal simps are stanning for Kamala. No real black man with balls should be voting for her. If Obama had a white wife, he'd still be Professor Obama at Columbia College, not former POTUS of the USA, yet I'm supposed to ignore the bedwenchery. I don't even have a problem with her locking up these knuckleheads as prosecutor, I'm just not buying into the double standard. I'm not even sure that what's good for black women is necessarily good for black men. Sorry Zerlina, no thanks.

12. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I have a problem with her locking up black men that just did and sold weed. Yet, didn’t come after black females with the same energy. If you want to focus solely on black crime, then fine, it’s racist, but it’s nothing new. I say go after bw with the same energy. But, they never do. This woman is trash for a multitude of reasons. I hope all of the bad things in life happen to her.

13. z

z Well-Known Member

Not all Jamaicans are blk. All I know is she the daughter of Jamaican immigrants. Her father having one drop blk blood has been questioned as well, some they say he is Indian and white and does not have African lineage. Most blk californians dont't trust her and do not consider her blks at all. Plus she has put more BM in prison as DA/AG of Cali. Her only blk connection might be she was the GF of Willie Brown, sorry mistress.
    I agree with TDK, her White husband is more an asset for her and she is riding post racial ambiguity .... Just another opportunist, you can tell with that cheesy T shirt that her campaign produced.

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

They keep pushing these social-engineering girl power candidates down America's throat, and this is coming from a Hillary voter.

15. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Is she even a real person? How the fuck can you say something this stupid? And how did she not get laughed out of the studio?

16. Frederick

Respectfully brother, the issue ain't that she locked people up. If you fuck up, you fuck up. I don't have a problem with roughnecks going where they belong.

The issue is that she acted like a standard careerist, clearance rate-driven DA, who didn't try to buck the cops or change anything with the system and then had the nerve to brand herself as a "progressive prosecutor" for her presidential campaign.

This is a "progressive prosecutor." The sister from St. Louis who just put all of those racist cops that got exposed on an "exclusion list," which means that they can't testify in court, so they can't investigate crimes anymore. She's trying to force the department's hand in firing them.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prosec...to-exclusion-list-over-racist-facebook-posts/

Harris actually covered up for corrupt cops/investigators in many cases.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...port-special-investigations-police-shootings/

https://observer.com/2015/03/california-prosecutor-falsifies-transcript-of-confession/

Was partially responsible for framing a brother for murder.

https://theappeal.org/san-francisco...loves-wrongful-conviction-will-kamala-harris/

...and she refused to prosecute Steve Mnuchin after he defrauded working class, disproportionately black, homeowners.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politic...s-mortgage-meltdown-record-under-13730708.php

I do strongly agree with what you're saying about the double standard though. Obama being married to a white woman would have been a non-starter. Forget POTUS, he wouldn't have been able to get elected to that state senate seat representing the South Side if his wife weren't a dark-skinned BW.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  17. Frederick

This woman is trash, same with the rest of these idiots that they have on MSNBC shilling for the Democratic establishment.

According to Joy Reid, Zerlina, and Malcolm Nance, any black person who doesn't love everything that the party does is either a Russian Bot or an ashy Hotep.

...and of course she had to cite the fact that she's also a swirler to defend Harris. The hypocrisy is amazing.

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 4.41.16 PM.png

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Which is why I avoid them at all cost. Nothing gained

19. Frederick

Nah bruh, she indicted poor black women whose kids missed school as part of her truancy initiative. She went up on stage and bragged about putting charges on black women in front of white donors.

This is why sisters ain't havin' it. You go on Harris's social media accounts and the harshest replies to the stuff that her campaign is putting out is coming from black women.

Don't be fooled by that homeowner's bullshit that she tried to put out either. She already got caught saying that she wasn't going propose any specific policies for the black community when she got asked about reparations.

This woman is disgusting. She only going to get support from a handful of white bread bougie types. The rest of the community knows exactly what type of person she is.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  20. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

There are some legitimate criticisms of Kamala's record as a prosecutor, but a couple things to keep in mind:

First, a prosecutor in her position would oversee literally hundreds if not thousands of cases, so the odds of never making a mistake or opening yourself up to criticism are tiny. Prosecutors are never going to be loved. Tough on crime? Perhaps racist. Soft on crime? Let killers go free. Getting it just right so you never let murders go free but also don't put people in jail for nothing is a hard line to walk.

Second, Harris never indicted women for truant children, she *threatened* to indict them. PI don't like either of those, but threatening to indict is much, much less bad than actually indicting. Her goal, according to her, was to scare the parents straight.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-homeless-mother/

I just want to say this doesn't mean she's perfect or anything like that, but it's worth noting that there's a lot of disinfo out there about her time as a prosecutor and in general being a prosecutor is a really rough job that always going to be open to criticism from one angle or another.