The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So Jessica Jones and other Marvel shows expected to be on Disneys streaming service or they just leaving us hanging?

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Hanging per the contract deal that Marvel did with Netflix to get the shows produced on/for Netflix, Marvel can't use any of the Netflix/Marvel characters for at least 2 years after show productions cease on Netflix. That was the most recent reason for why they can't put them on the new streaming service or Hulu (also owned by Disney).

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

lnsightful info, thanks Ra.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Almost feels like Netflix taking a shot at Disney doesn't it? lol.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

If Hulu owns Disney why have another streaming service

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I agree. Incorporate them into the movies, especially with the characters whose powers most closely align with theirs, such as Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc. I'm not too thrilled about Disney devouring Star Wars and Marvel. What's next? They'll go after Tolkien as well?!?!?!?

Disney owns Hulu? Damn, I didn't know that. I wonder if the separate service is somehow designed to put all the comics/sci-fi stuff on a "family-friendly" platform. That being said, the Netflix MCU stuff is pretty grim, especially Punisher/Jessica Jones/Daredevil.

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Disney owns Hulu? Damn, I didn't know that. I wonder if the separate service is somehow designed to put all the comics/sci-fi stuff on a "family-friendly" platform. That being said, the Netflix MCU stuff is pretty grim, especially Punisher/Jessica Jones/Daredevil.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Disney and Fox each owned 30% of Hulu (Comcast and AT&T own the other 40%) now with Disney buying Fox, they will have 60% ownership of the service. It shouldn't be that big of a surprise that Disney wants multiple streaming services, after all, they own multiple TV stations. So as long as customers pay their subscriptions they have no reason to turn away business.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And the answers are :

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine says he's skipping Captain Marvel because of Brie Larson's anti-male, feminist, woke bs. This is a black guy who's seen every MCU movie. What do you guys think?

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I'd say, "Go for it". He's one less person holding up the line at the concession stand. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. SilverSmith

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures have officially started airing the below new Godzilla spot:

13. The Dark King

I wasn't gonna see it anyway so this just gives me more reason not to

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The only feminist thing I noticed was the silly "her" turning into "hero" in the trailer. The rest of it just seems like any other superhero movie.

I'm going to see it because as far as I'm concerned the MCU is a big budget TV series and Captain Marvel is an episode before the season finale (Avengers: Endgame).

Even if I wasn't a hardcore MCU junkie, I'd still go see it as a personal protest against the trolls who attack anything with a woman or black person in the lead role, after all, a lot of the same guys who are calling Captain Marvel "anti-male" were calling Black Panther "anti-white."

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm going because I love the MCU. Don't know anything about her, don't care.
    Riiiiight lol Why were you not going to see it?

16. The Dark King

Same reason I didn't like Wonder Woman they hit you over the head with sjw nonesense and do women only show case their strength at the expense of men. Want to show Wonder Woman's strength have her fight Athena no Aries. Expert strategist and a God too. I hate agenda driven nonsense

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

ooh. I hardly notice that stuff. I see what you're saying tho.

18. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Wow.:cool:
    Lol

19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I almost made the same decision or mistake with Black Panther because of all the pro-black and shea butter feminist and how they were pushing T'challa to the back and the Wakanda women warriors to the front and other blackity black nonsense. lol. I'm glad I went to go see it because it was a great experience!

I don't know much about Brie Larson being anti-male I need to see some examples of what she did. I went to her twitter page and she is usually crackin' jokes. Some funny, some are not.

The only thing I remember about her feminism is when she got heat because people thought she hated white dudes. lol.
    https://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/b...es-lack-of-inclusion-film-critics-1201974617/

They think she is a racist towards white people. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to feel bad for white males like these guys so unless she has done something against black men I don't see her feminism as problematic. How many times have we talked about the white male dominance in Hollywood?

So I will be going to see Captain Marvel.

20. SilverSmith

The new trailer for Jordan Peele's reboot of the Twlight Zone.
    The series will air weekly, starting April 1 exclusively on CBS All Access.