The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

And if anybody remembers The Mighty Avengers looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    Future Of MCU maybe?

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

The best Trek in years is The Orville.

3. samson1701

I just saw it. It's entertaining. Shyamalan just didn't stick the landing. Easily worth seeing, though not great. B- is what I'd give it.

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Why I Don't Read Current Comics Anymore Reason #2,564,000

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a Black Panther led Avengers team. However, Marvel needs to be careful bringing current comic stories into the MCU, because the modern paper comics have been filled with a lot of aggressive pandering over the last few years (All-female teams, lots of LGBT characters, and a lot of gender/race swapped characters.) If they bring too much of that, too fast it might turn some fans off.

6. samson1701

What if they did Blue Marvel and made it the best Superman to date? That would be genius.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  7. darkcurry

The Blue Marvel has one of the most interesting origin stories out there that would and could be an AWESOME film adaptation. Not to mention his wife was white and last year the creator faced a little backlash for it online https://twitter.com/kevingrevioux/status/607905252881219584?lang=en

But that obviously will continue to be small now days. Adam Brashear is also considered just like Superman in the DC to be the strongest Marvel character

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Margot Robbie on the set of Birds of Prey in L.A.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. samson1701

They gots to change that wack-ass, drive a minivan every day, Sears and Roebuck made, take the kids to school and grab some kale and avocados on your way back, stale af looking parka and pantsuit combo.

Give dude something befitting one of the most powerful heroes in the MCU. He needs a cape and a proper superhero outfit. Fuck the street clothes look.

10. SilverSmith

New Avengers: Endgame TV spot, released during the Super Bowl.

and CM.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Avengers yes Captain Marvel no.
    Why do all these female lead films pride themselves on being just like dudes when they do shit. Women do not have swag or bravado like that.

12. SilverSmith

2 more good sneak peeks:

13. darkcurry

[​IMG]
    lol.

You should elaborate more. That didn't sound right @The Dark King

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Meaning women don't move like that, they aren't interested in going faster and higher expanding their boundaries in that way. Men are more bragadocious. Look at me world look what I've done because it gets you noticed and being noticed means being more attractive to the opposite sex. Women do not have those kinds of obstacles. I've been reading a lot about biology and the main reason why any organism does anything is for food, safety, or reproduction. Primates especially will sacrafice the first two to reproduce but that's usually exhibited in men. Women don't search for mates, so the behavior doesn't track. I know this was incredibly long winded but I've been trying to figure out why certain things rub me the wrong way, I don't want it to be purely emotional I need to find the underlying reason. I need to know why I see that commercial and I cringe, why am I cringing? Because instinctively I know that shit don't look right, its a lot of women finding their coolness through acting like men.

15. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

These first phases of the MCU are based on the classic era of Marvel (60s-80s with bits of the 2000s in it with Winter Soldier and the Ultimates) but I'm afraid that Captain Marvel will usher in the new woke/feminist/dumb shit into the MCU like the new Ms. Marvel that stretches, Squirrel Girl, the new Captain America who is Luke Cage and Jessica Jones grown-up daughter, Jane Foster becoming Thor, etc.

I'm also gritting my teeth to see how they integrate the X-Men into the MCU. I am not a fan of the concept because to me the MCU has just the realistic amount of supers, especially when half of them are tech-based and not actually powered. Bringing the concept of mutants in would be a mess

Before anybody says anything the FF would be easier to integrate especially if the Time Stone is involved. Or if somehow they were trapped in the Negative Zone all these years and emerged in the MCU.

I'm fully prepared to quit watching MCU flicks after Endgame if Marvel goes the wrong way

16. darkcurry

There are many types of people in this world that you can't specifically attach these things to an gender. Females in every species look for mates the same as men. That is why sex is so important and intrical part of relationships. That's what is happening to us when we hit puberty our hormones are developing and we are now sexual beings looking to satisfy that part of our bodies and feelings.

Ignorance among humanity is the problem. I remember my gf telling me during a conversation about our buddy Terry Crews and his fight against toxic masculinity that 'masculinity isn't toxic society is'. And it is society that renders humanity ignorant to what we are. That's why we are always stuck wondering and having questions about what we are, why we do this and that and how. People don't even understand humanity.

17. SilverSmith

In addition to the Super Bowl spot, Marvel Studios has also revealed the new Captain Marvel international poster, which you can view in full below, true believers.

[​IMG]

18. thwurefet5

thwurefet5 New Member

that image is from The Ultimates (led by Galactus) team from a few years back, not the Avengers.

T'challa is leading the main Avengers roster in the current ongoing title.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I know, but Marvel Studios has banked a lot of money on the Avengers name, so If Black Panther ever leads a team in the MCU it will probably be a team called the Avengers.

20. samson1701

I can't fully cosign with this one. Have you ever been around serious female athletes? Them chicks go just as hard as any man. I would assume a female superhero would have that same drive or attitude. Especially, the warrior women type.

Keep in mind, Carol Danvers is a female fighter pilot in the 80's. Do you know how competitive you have to be to get to that rank? Then throw in being a woman dealing with the male mindsets of that era (plus, pilots are a cocky bunch anyway). Those kinds of chicks, that excel in those situations, aren't every day females. But, they do exist in large enough numbers to make that aspect of the warrior woman superhero archetype believable.

That "Farther, higher ... etc" works.