The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Her first appearance begin in Batman: The Animated Series

Their relationship on the show was rocky and abusive, but she was clearly nutty already herself.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Amazing this is the Nerdz Lounge yet nobody is talking about Star Trek: Discovery

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Agenda driven nonsense pass

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What's the issue with it?

5. The Dark King

The whole feminist all female agenda. If its organic like a Buffy The Vampire Slayer or Xena cool but when there's this never ending need to make women strong through belittling men. Hard pass

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't subscribe to CBS Access so I don't watch Star Trek Discovery on a regular basis. Although the first episode of the season is available for free on Youtube.

What I have seen of the show is fine, it's actually one of the better sci-fi shows on TV right now......it's just not Star Trek to me I still can't get over the terrible redesign of the Klingons, the series breaking technology, but the thing that throws me off the worse is the "mood lighting" of the ship, it makes the show seem like some cheap space show on the SYFY network.

What I've seen of the show hasn't felt overly feminist to me, although there are a few things here and there,
    like in the season premiere when they killed off the guy who was "mansplaining" to the black woman while they were flying in the rocket pods.

I did notice that the show has a disproportionate female bridge crew, but the other Trek shows had a disproportionate male bridge crew, so I guess that's only fair.

7. The Dark King

Its shit like that they makes me heavily eye roll. Just not interested make a dope story I'll show up otherwise I'm simply not the demo for that show

8. The Dark King

You know what's a really good female lead show from CBS
    The Good Wife and its spin off the Good Fight. Great dialogue great stories just amazingly well written. I don't think about anyones race gender or sexual orientation its all background to the story the way it should be

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I was addicted to The Good Wife, it was the only show on CBS I watched for a long time.

10. RicardoCooper

100% agree I was trolling ;-)

11. RicardoCooper

I loved the Good Wife although I got over Kalinda pretty quickly

12. RicardoCooper

Me neither. I'm one of the old school Trekkies that they clearly no longer want watching and don't mind offending. One of those pesky guys who remember the lore. They can't do what they want if guys like me are watching and nitpicking the details. As long as gay guys get to kiss on camera and a women run the bridge, story and Trek continuity doesn't matter

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Don't forget about "Alias" or "Veronica Mars". None of the female-led genre shows from the 2000's, that I've watched, tried to force feminist/SJW agenda down your throat like they do nowadays.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

When I was coming up in the 80's our house had one TV, so we watched whatever my mom watched and she loved shows like Murder She Wrote, Cagney and Lacey, and Designing Women, and what I remember about those female-led shows, was that they knew how to sprinkle in a little social messaging without hitting the audience over the head with it.

15. The Dark King

Great point. I rooted for Veronica Mars I wanted her to win.
    Same with Alias in the first two seasons. These people were bad ass because they were bad ass. I also always appreciated Veronica kept a pitbull and a taser with her. No toe to toe fights with guys who were bigger and stronger she out smarter everyone.

16. The Dark King

I'm always going to have a problem with shit like that. You completely ignore and irritate the fans who made the show what it is in favor of a demo that barely gives a fuck about sci fi. I'll say it again growing up when me and my geek friends were at Dragon's Den debating over who would win in a fight Supergirl or Wonder Woman there wasn't a girl in sight. If by chance anyone went in their it was a mom or sister buying a gift for their little brother. And its not like we were intimidating anyone we were all on the cross country team skinny and non threatening as could be yet no girls around. So those of us who pumped thousands of dollars into this franchise now gotta watch everything go down in smoke to appeal to a small demographic. Smh I still don't get why they can't just make a new franchise and leave us with ours

17. The Dark King

I guess that's why they made her leave. She was dope the first few seasons though. Didn't buy the chemistry between her and the young guy though

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

She left because she and the lead actress hated each other so much that they had to film scenes separately with body doubles and splice the scenes together in post-production.

19. The Dark King

Damn that's crazy. Don't let your emotions mess up your check

20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Russian Captain Marvel trailer, ??????!