Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But they do address it all the time. Who are you watching fam.
    The Green New Deal is in response climate change and infrastructure. 15 dollar national minimum wage has been the platform for a minute (even though I think rent control should be the focus because landlords will just jack up the prices even more)
    They address healthcare with Medicare for all/single payer.
    I honestly don't understand where you're coming from

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The only thing I'm saying is that focus on that. Get it done. Then talk about free college or whatever once that has been accomplished, sealed, delivered and accepted by the people. Not a minute beforehand.

3. The Dark King

The GOP can't rebut on taxes because the easiest thing for a Progressive to use as a defense is the 1.5 trillion tax cut they gave to rich people. Just call it restorative tax restructuring. It would be the easiest tax relocation program. Sorry rich people your tax rate goes back to 1999 levels before the Bush tax cut and we can easily pay for healthcare college and infrastructure.
    The minute a Republican fixes their mouth to say that nonsense about how we gonna pay for it just say with our tax dollars the same we paid for two wars and a tax cut for the wealthy. It feels like a pretty easy win

4. The Dark King

So you're arguing they should be one note one issue candidates?
    For local or even senatorial runs I'd agree but they're appealing to a nation and they have to have things in there that appeals to different people. Its kind of like finding a perfect a suitable Venn Diagram

5. The Dark King

Beasty I never realized how southern you were till this point. Whackadoodle? Lmao
    I think I get you more now

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Priorities shouldn't be a foreign concept to you. I listed a few issues not just one. Did you not set priorities to finish school and anything else you have accomplished in life or did you split the sky and have the universe submit to you at once??

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I thought I stole that from Thump lol

8. The Dark King

That's fair but if I had a staff shiiiiitttttt

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Shiiiit I'm trying to build a Mark XVI but it takes time

10. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

My goodness.
    Gentlemen, you all need to sit down and open a bottle of vino rosso together;). That’ll do it.
    See you later.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Have a drink for me.
    It's gonna be a long night

[​IMG]

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

13. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I think Bernie is talking about running again too. Sorry but I have a problem voting for a POTUS who's going to be near 80 years old in 2021.

I prefer a president be in their 40s to mid 60s. I don't want to be worried about the commander in chief experiencing age related health problems while in office.

I feel bad for HRC, but it's just not her destiny to be the first woman POTUS. Too many folks have spent too many decades trashing her, until people now who know nothing about her professionally or personally have an intense hatred of her.

Strangest thing I've ever seen.

14. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

Hour long video but in short it's saying that MLK survived the shooting (barely) and was killed in the hospital by a doctor and 2 FBI agents.
    Also says that Jesse Jackson had a significant role in setting role in setting up the shooting. No timestamps,just watch the whole video.

15. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Yep. I don't care if people say I'm ageist or whatever else. The presidency is too demanding of a job both physically and mentally.

16. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah when your son is this old. It might be time to retire.
    [​IMG]

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

His age is problematic, but if KFC eating Trump can be elected as the oldest president ever, I say Let Bernie run.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You don't have to be a medical practioner to perform abortions in NY now?? I'm pro choice but what's the point of that? What problem did that solve?

That's that bullshit that I'm talking about. Far lefty baggage.

Anyone with a coat hanger can go perform abortions in NY now.

20. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Where are you getting that from?? Everything I've read says you still have to be licensed in the state of NY to perform abortions. You can't just do them in your living room.
    https://www.democratandchronicle.co...-york-how-they-change-immediately/2643065002/

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019