The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

All-new Captain Marvel posters from Dolby Cinema, RealD 3D & IMAX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Captain Marvel (final trailer)

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'm a superhero stan. But, dark heroes have been done to death. And in today's times, people want hope.

It could very well be great, but right now, great may not be enough. Although, Netflix killing the Marvel shows may create an opening for them.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  4. SilverSmith

Amazon Studios announced today that the thriller White Dragon will premiere February 8th, The eight-episode series stars Doctor Who's John Simm as a British professor who tries to uncover the mystery behind his wife’s sudden death.

5. darkcurry

I like the dark heroes. They're more realistic. I do agree and not overdoing it though and having a balance.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

It definitely comes off as forced diversity. But than you gotta remember, in the GoT/ASoIaF books a version of Africa exists called "The Summer Isles" & there's a few minor characters from the Summer Isles that are used throughout the books, but have never been used on the show.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Since the new show takes place thousands of years before GOT and has no connecting to a book, I'm kind of holding out hope that we might see the Summer Isles.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Well....people were hyped to see Glass, but it sounds like M. Night Shyamalan has fallen back into shit movie making mode if the majority of these early movie reviews that are coming out are to be believed...

11. darkcurry

This is one of these things where it sounded like a good idea, but I think they put too much into it. They should've made this a horror movie and not some... some... whatever it's suppose to be. lol. I don't understand it anymore.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Naw, it shouldn't have been a horror movie. Neither Unbreakable or Split (even though it had horror elements) were horror movies.

I think the problem is that M. Night Shyamalan never actually conceived Unbreakable as a trilogy. Both it and Split were conceived as two separate stories but due to the current popularity of superhero movies, he decided he would try to ride that wave. If this was something he had planned from the start, then why wait so long between the first two movies then turn around and crank out the last movie a short time after the second? Split & Glass rightfully should have been the next two movies he did after Unbreakable if this was to be a trilogy from the start rather than the shit he actually made.

13. SilverSmith

The Punisher comes back with guns a-blazing, inflicting mayhem on the criminal element in trailer # 2 for season two.

[​IMG]

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Name the blockbuster movie Chadwick Boseman carried before Black Panther. I said "blockbuster"

I'd rather see the organic Black Widow they've been building in the MCU for a decade than the forced, over-powered Captain Marvel who will come out of nowhere and leapfrog over Drax, Warlock and the original Mar-Vell to kill Thanos

15. SilverSmith

"All art is dangerous."
    Trailer for Netflix's art world horror Velvet Buzzsaw.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Thank you

Who is the actress playing her anyway? What else has she played in??

17. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

She won an Oscar for “Room” and the only other thing I remember is Scott Pilgrim.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. darkcurry

I'm not sure why you're bringing up Chadwick Boseman but he was an upcoming actor known for auto-bio movies like 42 and Jump Up On It and likable among the public. Black Panther and Captain Marvel are more recognizable and fan favorite comic book characters than Black Widow. And Black Widow has had very few moments in the Avengers film that stick out, so Scarlett would have to use her star power to help push it over. I believe of course it will make a lot of money out the gate at the box office because it's Marvel, but will the flick be any good is what my concern is when I say she can't carry a film. If it isn't those numbers will go down dramatically week by week.

And Brie Larson after winning that Oscar was the lead in the movie Kong: Skull Island which made over $566 million dollars.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How do you rate Captain America 2? Personally I loved it. Is it at least in your top 5?