Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Tariq although he has knowledge about racism that most don't have it has also left him unfortunately paranoid to the point it screws with his line of thinking and sense of humanity at times. There are horror movies out there where black people
    make it to the end.
    and the white guys are in the role he is complaining about. But I haven't really seen him talk about movies like 0verlord, The First Purge, Slice, and The Cloverfield Paradox which featured a black couple
    living all the way towards the end while the white people played the sacrificial hero.

But something tells me if those movies were as big as Bird Box he would've found something to complain about. He has complained about movies where white people save the black people. I think he only wants to see black people saving black people for black people. He at times have this segregated thinking when it comes to race. Which I don't understand since he WANTS to live in a racially mixed country. I don't see him and others that always talk about black people being on their own going to a black country. They want white folks to give them their own America. Which says a lot for people that are so pro-black but yet they don't want to be in a mostly or all black country. LOL!

I value some of his knowledge, but Tariq has let racism destroy his sense of compassion and humanity. I truly believe that Tariq wouldn't put his life on the line to save children from being killed if they were white kids.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I'm sorry , but what secret "knowledge" does Tariq have about racism that the rest of us dont?..LOL

This Mofo spent 51 minutes doing a so- called "review" of this movie. He couldn't tell the difference between an Airport and a Hospital because he was so busy trying to find "White Supremacy subliminal messages.

He's so far gone that he sees White Superamcy in a box of Cheerios.

He's just another in the long line of Pro Wack, Hotep White Supremacy spouting CLOWNS who get their panties in a bunch when they see Black Men with White Women in real live or the movies.

Tariq and others like him are just a SAD SACK OF SHITTY PEOPLE!!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm actually not sure it has anything to do with his being black. I feel like they wanted to make their point, and adding a black character was just the diversity two-fer. I believe they would have done a white guy the exact same in that situation.

4. darkcurry

I didn't say secret knowledge I meant he hits on racism like some of the things we mention here that you won't see in mainstream. Mainstream teaches people that all racism is hatred for another person's skin color when it goes much deeper than that. When the media and other celebrities were jumping all over Kevin Hart he was one of the ones pointing out the hypocrisy and showed some of their old tweets using gay and racial slurs and being racist. While the media wants us to believe that only conservatives are racist he is one of the people out there debunking that. He at times believe it or not has defended black men dating white women like when women tried to jump all over Donald Glover and when they DID jump all over MBJ.

As I said his paranoia has lead him to over the deep end. He's one of those people you have to listen to with a limit. lol.

5. darkcurry

Feminism is inherently racist. More so in this country. It has a racist history and some of these feminist out here is about getting a piece of power and they don't see black men nor want black men above white women. Yes, they would've probably done the same thing if he was white but it would be out of anger with the white patriarchy for the treatment of white women, whereas with a black man it would be out of not wanting to see a black man on a strong white woman's level therefore they would want a black man portrayed in the image they see us as.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I was disappointed too. Homes was made a gelding. Not since A Long Kiss Goodnight had l seen a brother like that.

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with this statement. At all.
    But that's probably a discussion for a different thread.
    Since virtually everything in this country is tainted by racism, feminism certainly perpetrates its share. But I tend to think that most of the time these days it's more ignorant prejudice than active "supremacy."

In this instance, I don't see any reason to believe a feminist race agenda played a part in this character's portrayal. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt on that, though I do believe the dude was simp af.

8. darkcurry

The icons of the feminist movement
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

How the suffrage movement betrayed black women
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/28/opinion/sunday/suffrage-movement-racism-black-women.html

This article also Includes more of these feminist icons and their feelings on black men that these modern feminist still look up to this day.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Soulthinker

• List
  10. darkcurry

They had a rocky friendship as they didn't agree on politics. And even some labeling them enemies at times. Take a guess what they disagreed on.

That quote was said in his presence when the two met.
    https://2020owovfest.org/susan-b-anthony-and-frederick-douglass/

She(along with Elizabeth Cady Stanton) went on...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I mean. The feminist movement in America has perpetrated plenty of racism. But feminism itself (the intellectual/sociological/political concept, as opposed to any particular popular iteration) is completely race neutral. It'd be as if I argued that football is racist because NFL owners are racist. No, football is race neutral.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. darkcurry

Feminism was created by these type of women though. I get what you are saying, but politics in itself is also built to oppress and control people, particularly people of color. You don't have to be feminist to be a strong woman just like we don't have to be pro-black to be strong black men. Once these things cross politics and become societal rather than natural you are now bond by the rules created by society of how you should be a strong woman or a strong black man. And if you don't get in line and follow THEIR rules and methods to being a woman or a black man they will condemn you.

13. darkcurry

14. Soulthinker

Alice Paul never apologized on what she did towards Blacks during Women's vote movement before 1920.

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm not arguing that the American feminist movement isn't (by and large) racist. My comment was just directed at the concept of feminism itself. As I've said, racism has tainted pretty much everything in this country's history.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

In concept Republicans are economically conservative, in reality they are reckless morons that put upward pressure on interest rates by running up the deficit.

Do you vote by concept or reality?

Same idea here. Until they actually follow the concept, what good is it?

17. darkcurry

The positivity is outweighing the negativity. Most women and people overall loved The Tom character and his relationship with Malorie and the kids.

https://twitter.com/anistonily/status/1076330525600563200

https://twitter.com/Oliverizzyy/status/1077987620246802433

https://twitter.com/leahrayeee/status/1077340641485565953

https://twitter.com/grande_winters/status/1076601577325109249

As long as the good outweigh the bad it's all good! :)

Bird Box is officially that mainstream blockbuster movie with a mainstream leading white actress that featured the leading white female character in love with a black man. Which proves what I said before... as long as the movie is good and you generate a big enough audience to see it people will love the IR love story and the characters. Trevante Rhodes became a ladies man with this role.

18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Can't wait for New Year's Day to see this.
    I'm curious if the brotha gets some lovin' from Sandra Bullock's character? Wait, wait don't tell me. lol

19. Soulthinker

I hope so too.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Lakeith Stanfield just posted this pic with Gina Rodriguez on his IG, I assume it's from an upcoming film:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsMRr07lcnB/
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Gina Rodriguez is an actress I've been wanting to see involved in a onscreen IR for years, so this is a win.

At the same time, Gina Rodriguez has said/done multiple questionable things in the past + Lakeith Stanfield been doing the "BW is God" act in the past, so I'm sure this pic & upcoming film will not go over well on the hater site I like to whine about, Black Twitter, IG comment sections, & etc.

EDIT:

Looks like this pic is from an upcoming Netflix RomCom film, "Someone Great":

https://twitter.com/GeeksOfColor/status/979871853442248704
    [​IMG]
    https://geeksofcolor.co/2018/03/30/...a-rodriguez-in-netflix-rom-com-someone-great/

EDIT 2:

LMAO! He's already deleted that IG post. That comment section must've been ugly.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List