BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Wasn't that a Saturday afternoon show akin to "California Dreams" and Saved by the Bell: The New Class" on NBC? I know that "Saved by the Bell: The College Years" was prime time but it came off as 90210 light without the sex and cheating and college issues plus the premise of a co-ed Frosh suite on campus was simply implausible to me as I attended a much more regimented HBCU at the very time it aired (got arrested at 4:00 am on my 18th birthday just for trespassing as I returned to Bostic Hall from getting throat in the Girls Frosh dormatory which name escapes me but I still remember the room number 346 lol because I had to tell the campus cops before they would turn the car around and take me back to campus. I asked to get out at the infirmary so I could walk the rest of the way :)).

2. Young Herschel

The reason why FNL was so much BS was as you say they PURPOSELY promoted the show with football cheerleaders, tailgating, booster fundraisers, and Smash about to smash the Blonde Amazon who NBC executives would eventually cast to play Diana Prince in "Wonder Woman", a pilot that was shot then the show got pulled for reasons NEVER discussed. But on the show itself we get all of three episodes where they even talk to each other and maybe one more over the course of the entire 4 season run they appeared on FNL. Contrast that with the taboo of teen statutory rape however, and the powers that be had NO PROBLEM at all embracing the affair Tyra would enjoy with that twenty-something traveling salesman/oilman who clearly knew she was a SOPHMORE when he asked her out at Applebee's where Tyra worked as a waitress. She meets him at LaQuinta as she is early & eager for their date (she thinks he is her ticket out of that one stoplight town) and what do you know . . . they never make it out of the Hotel room. This was endorsed by the powers that be at NBC . . . an illegal act of rape and statutory sodomy but a healthy, happy high school IR sex scene between two consenting adolescent classmates was TABOO and an ANATHEMA??? Sex with that oilman/candyman/pedophile was endorsed and it was the VERY next thing that Tyra did after the NBC showrunners had her reject the advances of Smash when he tried to follow-up on their sexual interlude in his living room as soon as they crossed paths again (SMDH!!)

3. Young Herschel

Ivy's love was PLATINUM . . . Adrianna's love was PLASTIC. They should have been embraced as a power couple as they returned from Summer vacation in AUS for their senior year at West Bev. They face some ups and downs but those challenges never matasticize into volcanoes but they are dealt with as anthills that they are ("Small thing to a GIANT" says Dixon Wilson after taking a second to see the big picture as a former DYFS kid from NYC by way of Wichita, KS). Then the showrunners do the Teddy and Raj wedding to end season three to the outrage and dismay of Rush Limbaugh and the Republica conservative opposition to Prop 8 in California. Season 4 November sweeps ~ the DIVY wedding for a ratings reward in that sorry season that pays off substantially for the core constituency of 90210 that had been invested in the show since it aired to record ratings in the fall of 2008 when Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah held the power as Executive Producers . . . FUCK Rebecca RK Sinclair!!!

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

That sucks. Some producers of shows are afraid of ir of brothers.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. I don't think they are being too heavy handed remember her boss told her she might be up for that senior's position she chose not to pursue. I won't give away episode 4 details, but some fans weren't happy. They love this (future)couple.

BTW They have been picked up for a full season.
    https://twitter.com/GodFriendedMe/status/1053407848020037645

6. darkcurry

I was able to catch up on episode 1 & 2 and this is becoming a very SEXY IR show with all these fit, young, hot people. lol.

But there might bring back the awful love triangle storyline again. These storylines suck, I don't know why writers love to do that. Who in the hell in real life do they meet that is involved in SO MANY love triangles for them to think that this is the norm.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Having watched procedural dramas like "Castle" & "Bones", where the male & female co-leads are each other main love interests, I'm used to waiting for several seasons before the co-leads finally get together. Didn't it take several seasons for House & Cuddy to finally get together on "House" too? So what they're doing on "God Friended Me" feels too fast.

[​IMG] How are you able to remember all them details from 90210 & FNL? I binged-watched both of those shows several years ago, no way in the hell am I gonna remember all those details off the top of my head.

8. Young Herschel

I used to watch FNL reruns all the time on Pivot so the first season is easy to recall. I use 90210 as relaxation therapy sometimes when Netflix still had it but they killed it this month. When shows have such great potential and entertainment value as these two series enjoy over their respective five year runs it is easy to recall the best season because for both it was their first seasons :)

Taylor Kitsch (Riggins) was the closest actor to enjoy male lead status after the head coach on Friday Night Lights . . . he got all the promotional money and got to bang all the hot white girls repeatedly even almost got some from the Coach Taylor's daughter once but he did the gentleman thing which you have to applaud since she was drunk. Smash was a second level character who enjoyed some plot material from time to time like the steroids, the arrest for defending his sister and the walk-out protest he led in racial protest . . . but he never got to sleep with his white girlfriend in S2 and the powers that be on NBC made SURE that you were informed that he was a simp which was an unnecessary slap in the face.

Dixon Wilson some how won a conference championship in Varsity Lacrosse and won Prom King both in season 1 as a soph at West Bev. Then he enjoyed the massive popularity of his sex tape with his beautiful girlfriend which enjoyed a limited theatrical release which is absolutely unprecedented in high school or college where such tapes are usually mere rumor. Nevertheless, Rebecca RK Sinclair denigrated him as a simp who was sitting by the phone all summer Junior year wondering where Silver was as she text and possibly sext Ethan who was off to Montana. Any competent showrunner would have understood that Dixon would be swimming in women for half that Junior summer in 2009 . . . hell hire those two sidekicks of Naomi from Fall 2008 and let Dixon break up with Silver after she effectively abandons the relationship and unilaterally turns off the sex faucet they had enjoyed all over West Bev in the library, in the cafeteria, behind the Lacrosse bleachers and have those two chicks act as Dixon's summer fuckable friends while his heart may still pine for Silver he should NOT be waiting around all summer all through his 17 birthday without enjoying the sex life of a high school legend, prom king and Varsity champion right??

As Black men we have to take notice of these plot impluasible showrunners and executive producers when they take our shows off the road of realism just to meet their personal agendas. Smash should have been smashing as many schoolgirls as Riggins and Dixon should have been practically tripping and falling into West Bev pussy during his first summer in 90210 right?? He was the Prom King and a Varsity Lacrosse conference champion but the showrunners of 90210 only allowed him to enjoy once piece of West Bev pie in THREE years at that school??

How did the executive producer of 90210 not recognize the plot opportunity she had when she wrote "The Enchanted Donkey" in S3 where Naomi finances they Senior Class Spring Break to Mexico? Have Adriana Tate Duncan use Dixon to kill two birds with one stone . . . hurt both Silver and Navid by banging Dixon's brains out right??

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You should be in tv

10. darkcurry

I'll watch a show made by @Young Herschel. lol.

11. ColiBreh1

I'm guessing you never watched the last 2 seasons of FNL, because Michael B. Jordan is basically the male lead after the Head Coach in the those last 2 seasons. Cress Williams also had a big recurring role in the last season as MBJ's Father.

12. ColiBreh1

I watched last week's episode of "New Amsterdam" (episode 4) a few days ago. Jocko Sims' character tried to go in for a kiss with Janet Montgomery's character at the end of the episode. She turned him down & basically told him, that he shouldn't bother to even attempt to kiss her until he claims her as his girl.

13. darkcurry

I've been watching every episode of this show. Honestly because I don't be doing anything around that time. lol. And it is one of those patient builds to a relationship with them. The chemistry and tension is there in every episode. The ratings are still good so good to see that first episode of how they introduced them didn't hurt. Tonight's episode was powerful all around. You should check it out.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

15. darkcurry

I guess with the around christmas release date Netflix is trying to continue where they left off with BRIGHT by bringing out their Movie Theatre worthy movies. This looks pretty good.

16. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't.

17. darkcurry

[​IMG]

Midnight, Texas S2 premiere is tomorrow. Arielle Kebbel posted this pic. Probably one of the sexiest couples on TV right now.

18. Young Herschel

To each his own lol. Some people like Big Bang theory and well . . .

19. Young Herschel

You guys got me watching "God friended Me" now and I like it I will admit :). I usually avoid CBS like the plague.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Oh the most racist show in recent memory? Good riddance