The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The first trailer for Amazon’s six-part limited series Good Omens has arrived out of New York Comic Con .

Based on the novel by Neil Gaiman and the lateTerry Pratchett, the series follows the angel Aziraphale (Michael Sheen) and the demon Crowley (David Tennant) as they race to stop the apocalypse in the days after the birth of the Anti-Christ

[​IMG]

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

A trailer for the upcoming"Gotham" season 5 dropped at NYCC today:

With "Lethal Weapon" looking like it won't make it past this season, I hope this means FOX will hold off on their decision on making this the final season of "Gotham".

3. SilverSmith

Official Trailer for CBS All Access' upcoming original thriller, Tell Me a Story.

Tell Me a Story takes fairy tales and re-imagines them as dark and twisted psychological dramas. Set in modern-day New York City, the first season interweaves "The Three Little Pigs," "Little Red Riding Hood" and "Hansel and Gretel" into subversive tales of love, loss, greed, revenge and , of course,murder.

[​IMG]

4. ColiBreh1

5. ColiBreh1

I saw dude on another forum point this info out about this news:

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'll check it out now. LOL. I liked both Buffy the show and the movie if you guys remember that.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So basically Supernatural?

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Hear hear

9. RicardoCooper

They spend the whole first season all feminist with the Asian female captain and the black female Number One, and anyone who criticized Discovery was sexist, racist, old, homophobic and out of date, only to have to reach back to the white man, Captain Pike, and the original Enterprise, to save the show. Stupid

10. RicardoCooper

Wait so does this mean that the white girl audience don't want a black Buffy like they originally announced? But-But I thought women fought for "inclusion"! Say it ain't so :rolleyes:

11. SilverSmith

So, I take it you won't be returning for season 2? Because of Discovery, CBS proudly claims there's been vigorous subscriber growth. The only problem I had with season one was the contrived Mirror Universe subplot.

12. The Dark King

I just sit back and shake my head. If these hardcore the future is female black chicks aren't careful they're gonna see that they meant white female just like woman's movement was and still is about white women. All I can say is good luck and no longer engage

13. RicardoCooper

I will be returning to hate-watch it just to see how they handle Pike. Discovery was straight garbage all continuity issues aside. CBS claims "subscriber growth" but leaves out how many people unsubbed or only watched during the free trial period

14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

You missed some Dawn Olivieri, Megalyn E., and Nicky Whelan nudity....in case you're interested in that....I was.

15. RicardoCooper

I'm not that pressed. Pass

16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Lol! To be clear, I really did like the show. The son changed quite a bit by the end anyway. But he didn't put me off from the beginning, so you do you

17. ColiBreh1

I'm watching the season 2 premiere of "Black Lightning" that aired this week......

HOLY SHIT, They used the term "House Nigger" uncensored on a The CW show!!

EDIT:

I just remembered I'm watching a pirated copy of the episode that was encoded from a digital download that came from either iTunes or Amazon Video. That would explain why the term was used uncensored. I refuse to believe they said "House Nigger" uncensored when the episode actually aired.

18. The Dark King

Fuck Black Lightning such a diagrace

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Is the show good or bad? I was hesitant to watch it because I get a little tired of the constant father/daughter thing, and the lack of father/son themes on television. Is it any good?

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, they said "house nigger" uncensored on CW. What Mayberry USA Black Edition town you live in where that's a problem?