The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Wow. That looks pretty good. Better than what I read about the concept. They sold it better in the trailer than they did with words. lol.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

New poster.
    More 2morrow.

[​IMG]

3. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Marvel & DC movie releasing in the same month very interesting.

4. SilverSmith

Trailer for YouTube Premium’s forthcoming sci-fi thiller, Origin.
    The series, which stars Tom Felton and Natalia Tena, launches November 14.

5. SilverSmith

Five minutes of Aquaman footage to geek out over:

Other trailers debuting today:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  6. darkcurry

I hope an early trailer release means we are getting this show coming back in at least January. I have been waiting too long for this show to comeback. I have been re-watching episodes of the first season to remember we are because it has been such a long lay off. Hopefully that won't hurt the ratings.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm no longer interested into getting in "American Gods". They've changed showrunners like 3 times. That's why it's taking so long for the 2nd season.

8. ColiBreh1

Any chance of this new Marvel animated film being any good?:

Looks like it premiered last Sunday.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  9. darkcurry

I wasn't following off season news so do you know why that was happening?

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This cartoon looks like it was created by a feminist focus group.

• The team is girl heavy
    • It is super diverse
    • It has the body positive (thick), girl
    • It has a Muslim
    • It has a lesbian
    • It also has two token male characters who don't say much, making them less threatening (in fact the brother doesn't say one word in the whole trailer)

If I was a millennial girl this might appeal to me, but this isn't my cup of tea.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It'll flop girls don't carry this shit

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Brian Fuller, the original showrunner left due to creative & budget issue conflicts with STARZ. STARZ wanted him to cut down the EFX of the stories, Fuller wanted to have more in order to tell a proper story. Ratings and overall fanbase interest in the show supported Fuller's demands but STARZ still said "no" so he walked. When Fuller walked Gillian Anderson (Media) walked because she was on the show to work with Brian Fuller. Christine Chenoweth (Easter) also threatened to walk for the same reason but they somehow convinced her to stay

STARZ then tried getting Neil Gaiman (the writer of the actual American Gods novels) to come on board as showrunner, but he said "no" because he was focusing on getting one of his other properties,Good Omens, going over at Amazon.

The the next person STARZ approached to be showrunner took the job but then started being very hands off when it came to making crucial storyline decisions when they started filming episodes, so they quietly pushed him to the side to keep production going.

And that's the basics of why production for Season 2 has been so delayed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And that's the overall core of things when it comes to the Disney/Marvel cartoons that have been coming out primarily on Disney XD or Disney Now. Just like the cartoons & comics that we came up on weren't aimed at our parents or grandparents (if they ever watched cartoons or read comics) the stuff being put out now is marketed for kids coming up today.

That's the one reason DC's animated shows/movies do far better that any of Marvel's animated products : DC tries to appeal to comic fans in general no matter the age.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It definitely won't do as well as it could have if they focused on the people who actually care about watching animated comic book shows.

Yeah, DC's animation division knows what they are doing, they even know how to get inclusion and diversity right without making it look so obvious that they are trying to check social justice boxes off a list.

15. ColiBreh1

You can say this about Warner Bros. animation in general. A lot of the 90's Non-DC WB animated shows that I watched as a kid still hold up rewatching them as an adult. WB Animation has always just produced higher quality shows than other studios.

16. SilverSmith

Netflix has made it official: psychopathic expert assassin Bullseye is coming to the very dark new season of Daredevil.

[​IMG]

17. SilverSmith

Star Trek: Discovery - Season 2 | New York Comic Con Trailer: First look at Ethan Peck's Spock.

18. darkcurry

Wow. Thanks for the info. I will miss Gillian as Media. Her and Crispin Glover played off each other so well.

I hope all this drama won't ruin the show. The trailer still looks hopeful.

19. ColiBreh1

You do realize Bryan Fuller is a big name popular Genre TV showrunner/producer, right? Bryan Fuller being the Showrunner is what had TV critics & fans of genre TV excited for "American Gods" going into the first season. Starz losing Bryan Fuller as the showrunner, than not being able to secure the writer of the books (Neil Gaiman) as the showrunnner are HUGE blows!!

20. darkcurry

That means I can't be hopeful and I should write it off right now?

I almost did that with those facebook watch shows because I didn't trust the platform, but went ahead decided to give it a shot. And found two really good programs.

I'll give it 5 episodes. I say 5 because that is usually when a show begins to take form.

Note: I'am well aware of how big of blows these are, but unless we have info on the latest people working on it to be bad at their art and want to get away from the source material then it is still worth a shot. STARZ was pursing Neil Gaiman to be on board as showrunner. That means something.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018