BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

2. RicardoCooper

Counterpart is brilliant I recommend it
    My next girlfriend is going to be as pale as Olivia Williams
    Goals

3. RicardoCooper

Holy Wow that was a long trailer. They might as well have posted the whole ep. I think it's cute. CBS going back to the family/evangelical side like "Touched By An Angel." Don't hold your breath if you're waiting for the black lead and the white girl to hook up, even God's powers are limited

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I've noticed that broadcast networks don't seem to have an issue with spirituality and the idea that there are higher powers at work in the universe, as long as it isn't too preachy. CBS, in particular, has always had its fingers on the pulse of quasi-religious ideas.

As for the relationship between the two leads, I think there is much more of an IR spark between them than there was in the last show the brother starred in. One other thing to keep in mind the executive producer is Greg Berlanti, and he has had IR relationships be a part of a lot of his shows.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I did not realize that Greg Berlanti was producing "God Friended Me".

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Just finished episodes 7 & 8 of Sorry For Your Loss.

If you seen the ending to episode 8 you would understand this expression I'm feeling.
    [​IMG]

Next week's episodes just got even more interesting!

7. ColiBreh1

I finished watching The CW's "The Messengers" last night. She kissed the simp co-worker/best friend in the 3rd-to-last episode (episode 11) after he said emotional simp shit to her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dude also admitted that he was in love with her to the father of her estranged son in the finale. It's safe to assume they probably would've ended up together if the show had gotten a 2nd season.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Shantel is another favorite of mine. Her work on One Tree Hill really did it for me. She looked so good she got me to watch One Tree Hill.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Good God she's stunning

10. ColiBreh1

I think I slept on Shantel VanSanten when I finally binge-watched the last 3 seasons of "One Tree Hill" a few years ago or so. Shows like "One Tree Hill", "The O.C.", "Gossip Girl", "90210", & "Pretty Little Liars" had so many bad females in their main, recurring, & guest casts that it's easy to sleep on some of the female cast.

11. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

And she is all that without having an ass big enough to store two spare tires inside. Which just goes to show you don't need that much booty to be a knockout.

12. ColiBreh1

Maybe the reason is because, despite the fact how much it gets mentioned in this subforum, "90210" just isn't a good show. If I compare 90210 to all the other The CW/old WB Network/WB-produced 2000's & 2010's teen/YA dramas I've watched over the years, "90210" is a forgettable show.

13. darkcurry

Watched half of The Walking Dead last night and then I dozed off. lol. I had to be up early anyway, but there was an apparent time jump and they already established Carol and Ezekiel as a couple. I thought they would build it up but boom they were right there making out. lol. I have to finish the rest of the episode some time this week. He almost got ate btw.

14. ColiBreh1

I had "The Real" on in the background & they had the lead actor of "All-American" on as guest. I was shocked too see he was british. I'm sure this will make the online pro-AA militants unhappy.

BTW, do any of y'all watch "The Real" or at least have it on in the background? I did not know before this year, that brothas were into the Asian co-host Jeannie Mai.

15. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

I've only watched it once when there was a Moesha reunion special.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well I will satin get why AA actors have an issue with it. Hollywood does this shit far too often and to everyone. Giving roles to foreigners to play Americans

17. RicardoCooper

OMG those cute buns. I bet sun shines through that thigh gap like a hopeful spring morning

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. darkcurry

Sorry For Your Loss aired it's last two episodes tonight. So my full review is that this is a Brilliant and tough show. I put it up there with The Innocents minus some parts of the love story since we know Matt has passed away, but strong content and a strong love from the female lead that Elizabeth Olsen portrayed beautifully just as Sorcha Groundsell. I will be shocked(but knowing hollywood not fully shocked.) If this show isn't nominated for the upcoming Golden Globes and SAG awards and next year at the Emmys.

The thing with the brother that played out in the final 3 episodes was deep. I won't give too much away, but it was deep. I said it before I think this worked best as a limited series rather than a show that goes from season to season because of the subject material. But the ending did leave you wanting more and where Leigh and Danny were going to go from there after THAT revelation.

And I think we should applaud Elizabeth Olsen for being one of the very few well known American actresses that took on a IR love story with a black man with no fear and no limits. I'm glad she was on as producer because something tells me it was her decision to COMPLETELY normalize them BUT don't completely ignore the fact that they were an IR couple. Her, Aubrey Plaza, Kristen Bell and Kate Winslet are overall the only well known actresses that I know of that has made the biggest progress in those regards.

2017 and even more so 2018 has set the bar with IR in two of Art's biggest canvases of TV shows and movies. We had some that of course failed and there were some ugly portrayals(some of which were on purpose.), but the few strong ones were really good.

The Innocents probably won't be nominated for those awards with it being a sci-fi show but with Sorry For Your Loss being a hit on Facebook watch and critically acclaimed that usually means this probably will and maybe I will start watching some of these award shows again if both of them get nominated. lol.

19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I think it's easy to overlook flaws in that show (on this board at least), because it so frequently and unapologetically featured bmww relationships. Literally all four of the main female characters were involved at some point. One of them even ended the show in one. Whether they're "better" tv shows or not, none of the other shows you referenced have that strong a record.

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm behind on my culture again again. What did Aubrey Plaza do to earn such esteem?