NFL 2018 Season Kickoff

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Since my team are the SuperBowl Champs, and opened and won against Flatlanta..kicking off the thread for 2018!

Giants lost. Dallas Lost. Redskins won. That's all l got.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Gawd, 900 passing yards between Tampa and the Saints. That shudda been the opener, lol.

3. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

That Green Bay comeback and win was noting short of amazing, especially after seeing Rodgers carted off the field early and them down 21-0 at the half. It's also a collapse by Chicago as they managed just a field goal in the 2nd half to lose 24-23.

The Steelers/Brown tie game! Wow! A game the Steelers definitely should've won, then the win opportunity was there for the Brown only to end in a draw.

My NYG... Looked a bit better, but as I said during the off-season and pre-season... Still not ready for primetime, and their problem continues to be that damn o-line. Yes, it's better, but they still have that liability (Erek Flowers out there). That experiment has long failed and he proved it yet again on the first two plays of the game.

Seattle and was a good battle. Redskins looked good in their win over the Cardinals.

I think the Dallas looked worse than the Giants.

Luckily... I see all the action at a buddy's house in his basement where we watch all of the games on a total of 7 TVs. Beer on tap, food, fantasy projected on one wall, and even some PS4. A good time every Sunday.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on Odell's impressive contract?

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I didn't like the drama going into this. I think he's obviously a top talent at the WR position, but I'm not sure he had shown enough to demand to be the highest paid WR in the NFL. For instance I think Antonio Brown and Julio Jones are definitely as good (if not better), but of course they've been around longer too. I think OBJ definitely has the potential to be the top NFL WR, and I'd love to see that happen. So... I agree that his contract is quite impressive, especially the guaranteed $$$.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He is enormously talented, for sure. Caveat; his injury last season would red-flag me against paying him such a high guarantee. But wow. He's "officially" made it. Great agent work, too.
    Wonder about Brown and Jones's contract deal...

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Sacksonville. And Myles Jack wasn't down. IMG_20180419_173109.jpg

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Gotdamn you got our Foles.
    $88 million over 4 years. Hug him for me.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Weeee got Desean back. :D