The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Does anyone care about Batwoman? How is she gonna be any different than all the forgettable women on that show outside of the league of assassins. Boring af calling it now.
    Here's an idea I'll give away for free, you want the next great DC show do a series on Bruce Wayne going from teacher to teacher learning how to become Batman. Everything from escape artists to physicists. And put that shit on cable with real damn stakes.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Reading comments online, some folks are saying it's obvious he's just pandering to the LGBT & it's not gonna happen onscreen at all.

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Y'all don't get fooled by that Lando being pansexual talk. Every time a big movie comes out without an explicitly gay character, some entertainment reporter asks a leading question to someone associated with the movie to get them to pander to LGBT people. The same thing happened when The Force Awakens came out and people were 'shipping Finn and Poe as a couple.

The truth is Disney knows that putting a clear cut LGBT character won't go over well over seas, and there is no way they are going to risk their money.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

DEADPOOL 2 was amazing! Great action, hilarious writing, all-around great movie.

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

USA Network Cancels Falling Water (Bummer)

May 20th

The water has run out for Falling Water.

The drama starring Lizzie Brochere (American Horror Story: Asylum) aired for two seasons and will not be back for a third.

The series hailed from creators Blake Masters (Brotherhood) and the late Henry Bromwell (Homeland), who passed away in 2013. (Credit: The Hollywood Reporter)

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Another network or streaming service could still pick it up. Nothing isn't final when those things can happen.

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

10. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that you have, and enjoyed the hell out of Breath of the Wild, haven't you?

You always know how to post Zelda content that is just...breathtaking.

11. ColiBreh1

12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Amazon Rescues The Expanse?

Amazon Studios is in talks to revive one of CEO Jeff Bezos' favorite properties.

The retailer and streaming outlet is near a deal to revive the space drama The Expanse for a fourth season just 10 days after Syfy canceled the series. Amazon Studios declined comment as sources note the deal is not closed, as reported by the Hollywood Reporter.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The deal will go through. Only thing that could kill it is production cost for the show. Good solid sci-fi.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm happy for the fans of the show, I keep meaning to watch it.

The show I'm still hoping to get saved is Timeless. I don't know why NBC hasn't made an announcement one way or the other.

15. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I haven't had much spare time to play these days, but I've enjoyed the game quite a bit. They did an excellent job with it, and I'm glad it's not on the Wii.

Thanks, I think so too. I came across that gem on Pinterest.

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Did we really need a Solo movie? Did we? I can see a skywalker movie but solo.......

17. ColiBreh1

Uhhh....I think the main "Star Wars" film series are considered the defacto "Skywalker" movies.

18. darkcurry

Yeah, reading the reviews, the high score on rotten tomatoes and the fact that they averaged around 2 to 3 million viewers and NBC are keeping other shows with the same average tells me it is a different reason why they might cancel the show. Even a few celebrities out there love this show like Kelly Clarkson and William Shatner. It's something else as to why some of these networks they cancel shows with popularity. Syfy also cancelled Dark Matter but kept Wynonna Earp who was averaging less viewers than Dark Matter.

BTW, Game Of Thrones before they became a ratings juggernaut their first season averaged around the same amount of viewers as TIMELESS. The Big Bang Theory before becoming a ratings juggernaut averaged around 8 million viewers. These networks for whatever reason just don't want some shows to grow.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So anyone else say "Fuck It" and end up watching Krypton?

Gotta say it was pretty good, especially that season finale ending.

20. darkcurry

I watched the first 2 episodes and thought it was decent. I have to check out the rest of the season some time this summer.