The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lol think so?

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Wes's stunt double was in the whole last act of "Blade: Trinity." Wes didn't even finish the movie

3. RicardoCooper

Ugh, more feminist garbage after Discovery. Maureen's the leader, John is a cuck. I'll watch the first ep just to see Parker Posey other than that, no thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. RicardoCooper

5. The Dark King

You had more of a point with Lost in Space Trek is an anthology so different types of leaders are to be expected but a complete rewrite is not empowering its insulting. It says we have no chance of carrying our own stories. Black Panther should have smashed that myth and Wrinkle in time should have further proved the opposite. The fans that made the show popular in the first place have a certain expectation why mess with that. How pissed would we be.... Wait I was gonna make a fictional example but we have Gods of Egypt and Exodus to point to where people were pissed and the movies completely flopped.

6. RicardoCooper

I watched the first 2 episodes of "Lost in Space." Not half bad so far, but then again the show hasn't actually kicked in yet. Maureen's a bitch as expected. I fully expect some fuckery to ensue.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting to see if someone on the show brings up the mixed-race daughter yet.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Her dad is the black commander of the Resolute.....

(joke unless this somehow plays out as true?)

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I have seen all ten episodes. It was difficult to swallow. Female chauvinism was pretty high on this show. It was unrealistic to think the kids could be that smart and mature. I liked the science and that is what kept me going but too much took me out of it. Just because you are an engineer doesn't mean that you are an engineer at everything. Too many hats for one human no matter how smart they are.( They should have added more people or not made it a family.) It is so funny how they try to place a token black into a show that was in an era where black people were not accepted on the show but they at least tried. I will watch season 2 to see the robot's world but the human relationships were horrible. The father is alienated from the family. The mother's intelligence is beyond what any human being could achieve. At least the old show tried to be even with the mother being a biochemist and the father was an astrophysicist. The daughters are ok but I find it questionable that they have that much knowledge at that age. They should have been adults that were unrelated. The son is sent into missions that would have got him killed even though he is the least capable member of the crew. Don is probably the heart of the team and most realistic. The robot looks like a man in a suit in some cases.

From an image point of view, looks wonderful. The cgi for the robot was nice. However, the robot plays a small part in the show.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, the female-led family dynamic was clearly meant as a polar opposite of the patriarchal tone of original 1960's show. Although I think they went a bit too far with having the father taking crap for his wife and his daughter. I don't understand why they were so pissed at him for being a soldier who had to be away from his family. Did they think they were the only family who had a loved-one on a military deployment? If anything the wife should have been grateful her husband was so patient and understanding. A lot of guys would not have taken it well if their wives emailed them a release of parental rights form and told them they wanted to take their kids into space never to be seen again. But instead of cussing her out and starting legal procedures he quits his career and follows his family into space.

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

This Wednesday marks the 1,000th issue of Action Comics, the publication that gave the world Superman. Not coincidentally, it also marks the 80th anniversary of the Man of Steel himself.

In the above video, we travel through 80 years of Superman in 80 seconds , providing viewers with a retrospective of his many different looks and adaptations over the decades.

12. RicardoCooper

I'm halfway through so thanks for not spoiling. Pretty much agreed 100%. I like the show overall but am annoyed by the drop in intellect in the male leads compared to the original. John as you pointed out was an astrophysicist in the original, and Don was a highly-skilled space pilot. Both intellectually downgraded in this version while the women run rings around them, especially Judy, who seems to be a full-fledged doctor at 17. Will was also a precocious young scientist in the original, but he too is intellectually downgraded here. All that said, the feminism isn't as blatant and aggressive as Star Trek: Discovery, which I truly hated. Other than that, I like the "Lost"-like structure of the show where we see flashbacks of their former lives. And I like the new Dr. Smith, perfect casting with Parker Posey. Storyline seems solid so far. Will continue to watch.

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

How lit would this have been?
    [​IMG]

14. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

So basically just doing what toxic masculinity has done(and still do.) to female characters in the past? I said this before but THESE feminist don't want equality they want dominance and when someone wants dominance they want those they want to dominate to be less than them so yeah, they don't want equality. No matter how many times they say it, they will show you the opposite.

15. The Dark King

I'm glad it didn't happen thank God

16. RicardoCooper

Absolutely. The portrayal of "strong" women comes at the expense of "strong" men. I don't appreciate sci-fi/superhero stuff that traditionally women never even liked being the vehicle for feminist/lesbian agitprop. See again: Star Trek Discovery and Lost in Space to a certain degree

17. RicardoCooper

The SFX weren't there yet in the 90s. Plus that was the era when they would just rip apart the comics and change everything for the movies for no reason

18. darkcurry

19. darkcurry

20. RicardoCooper