The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I don't know if Barry Allen currently does, since they keep re-booting the DC universe, but I know at one time both he & Wally West, (during his long tenure as the Flash) their identities as the Flash were public knowledge.

A lot of the personality traits that both the current TV & comic version of the Flash have were established during Wally West's time as the Flash. That whole back story about Thawne being responsible for Barry Allen's mother's death and his father being blamed for it wasn't even a part of his history until DC decided they wanted to resurrect the character after he was effectively dead for literally 20 years in real world time.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fuck out of here with that nonsense.
    Why are white characters so obsessed with looking like good people

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

White Dudes Stay White Dudeing...

But.....

Not All DC Fans Are Crazy; One Group Is Raising Significant Donations For #THEBLACKPANTHERCHALLENGE

DC Fans are taking a black eye right now in the wake of attention focusing on one fan group's campaign to sabotage Black Panther's word-of-mouth and Rotten Tomatoes score. However, these ridiculous actions shouldn't be looked at as reflective of the entire DC fandom. Case in point, a separate DC fan group is participating in the #BlackPantherChallenge and have raised over $1,600 in donations to date. The #BlackPantherChallenge is a cause that calls for donations to send underprivileged inner city kids to the theater to see Black Panther.

#TheBlackPantherChallenge was originally launched in Harlem and has since spread to other major U.S. cities and even a few countries. Most notably, actress Octavia Spencer joined the movement and is renting out an entire theater in Mississippi for Black Panther screenings.

Before it's all said and done, Black Panther might go down as the most highly-anticipated superhero film of 2018, a statement that's hard to fully comprehend in a year that also sees a third Avengers film released. Some analysts and pundits believe the film could have a Wonder Woman-like box office draw, suffering only minuscule box office drop-offs in the weeks after its release.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I read that Facebook shut down the anti-Black Panther BS.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

"White Dudeing". LOL!!! That's a new one to me.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

So it got revealed that the J.J. Abrams-produced SciFi thriller film "The Cloverfield Paradox" that has been in the works since 2012 & was announced in early 2016 that it with would have black leads (David Oyelowo & Gugu Mbatha-Raw) is going to be a Netflix film instead of a theatrical film with this SuperBowl promo commercial:

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, and it's premiering tonight!

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bruh, it's available to watch now. Which is fucked up for me because Sun is usually a night my gf and I watch something together.

On another note; of course its going to have black leads. I mean, who else would bring forth a creature so deadly that it could destroy the planet. ...lol

9. The Dark King

Have you guys seen Altered Carbon. Very dope

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Marvel dropped another Avengers: Infinity War teaser during the big game.

11. samson1701

Was going to watch it this past Friday, but barely made it through AOS before I knocked out. I have so, so many shows to catch up on. ...lol

12. SilverSmith

Wow! I'm in, bruh. Let the countdown commence.

13. darkcurry

Can't watch it tonight. I'll be turning in for bed got to work early tomorrow. Dammit. lol.

Interesting I seen people(black women) saying this a black woman lead movie. Are David & GuGu co-stars? Or is he the supporting star?

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This what the media was reporting 2 years ago:

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/714955966156922880
    [​IMG]

15. The Dark King

The narcissists amongst them think EVERYTHING is about black women and only black women ie the Alabama election. Hell they're even trying to spin that for Black Panther

16. SilverSmith

Great trailer with heart-pounding action. Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt in full effect.

17. samson1701

18. darkcurry

I just also seen Ava Duvernay who led a tweet off praising everybody with it being a woman of color-led film. Their a FEW movies coming out this year that have women of color as the lead and rightfully so, but no need just overlook black men in leading roles. That is just petty. And I pointed out before what they were doing with Black Panther, you're starting to see less and less of him in the commercials. And the funny thing about all of this they are accepting whatever position white men put them in. Take the Oscars for example. My cousin brought it up she said there have only been 1 black woman(Halle Berry) to win best actress in a leading role, but they get so excited when they be winning best supporting actress. Just as pointed out with Hollywood using lightskinned and biracial black women for IR roles mostly, but yet they get on black men for doing the light vs dark thing. They don't aim high in White Hollywood, black men do. Gee, I wonder why. lol.

19. The Dark King

Because they're fake as fuck and one thing I know as I watch shit like Black Lightning these type of women have no talent outside of heavy handed dramas. Their stories don't translate so we're going to see a decline in their representation

20. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Amazon Goes All-In on Conan The Barbarian

Amazon is developing the Robert E. Howard property Conan as a TV series, with some high-powered talent behind the camera. It’s being created and written by Colony co-creator Ryan Condal, and directed by Miguel Sapochnik, who directed four episodes of Game of Thrones including the epic Battle of the Bastards episode.

Though the character was made famous by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 1982 flick Conan the Barbarian, it was actually created by Howard back in the 1930s and debuted in the publication Weird Tales. But Howard, who died by suicide in 1936, never saw how successful his creation became and how it helped to kick off the massive sword and sorcery genre.

Credit: ICV2

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018