How do you feel about dating a WW/BM who hangs around nothing but people your skin complexion?

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

The white women I have dated have had friends of all races. You live in Atlanta so you have all types of black men to choose from!

2. Since1980

I have dated some hood ass white women lol. I was okay with it at time but I don't think I could do it again.

3. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

There's a stereotype white woman?
    I drink espresso doppio and despise Uggs but I do wear leggings so... meh... OK you got me lol :)

Nailed it Lisa! I'm almost certain I'd be less attracted to a black guy who has all white male friends too.
    Can't explain it, just seems a bit weird to me lol.
    Like you pretty much all my girlfriends are white too, but my male friends are a cross section of different races... is that weird?
    My man's circle are pretty much all black so when we're out as a group I'm the odd white girl lol. Never been any kind of issue for me, and they have all been absolutely lovely making sure I feel included and part of things and one of the gang.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

I know you're joking - but of course there are. I remember when I first wandered into this site many years ago and learned that I was a soccer mom and that was actually something a lot of men liked, (Of course most women do NOT want to be called soccer moms who know anything about how the soccer moms are. The men on here saw it very differently though and didn't really know about the negatives that we do)

5. redlolly

Perhaps it's just my ignorance or naivety but I honestly had no idea there was a stereotype for white women.
    It was a lighthearted post as was my response, but made me stop and think. It's really not something I'd ever considered before.
    Possibly not being American is part of it. I've heard the term soccer mom, not entirely sure what it means (lol) but I'm not sure it really translates to this side of the pond. I'm guessing similar to what guys here would call a yummy mummy(?)

6. K

K Well-Known Member

OOOOh I really did think you were joking. There are stereotypes for every group of people out there. I don't think that's unique to the U.S. The stereotypes may be skewed based on the different country, region, etc though. And yes, you're right the terms used will be different depending as well. That's true within the U.S.....sometimes even within the same areas or states.

I think we often don't realize the stereotypes we may fall into though. I know I never did....until, as I said, I wandered into this forum years ago. I didn't know about many of the myths and stereotypes about black men either though. I just am not one who's really into or up on all that.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Soccer mom is a term that usually describes middle-class suburban women who spend most of time taking their grade/middle school age kids to various youth activities or after school events. Soccer was the trending kids sports activity in a lot of suburban areas around time the term was created.

8. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

Haha exactly, its kinda funny, its like the world I exist in nowadays is like almost all black men, and kind of a mix of white and black women. Most of my close personal friends are all white women though, dont know why, I love black women when I'm around them! haha

9. redlolly

Yea same here my close friends are all white women. I think it's because those types of friendships take years to build. Quite a few of mine go back to childhood. I just wasn't around any boys or girls of other races as a kid growing up. Just how it was.
    Mostly my male friends are more like acquaintances really. I've generally met them as an adult and not known them for anything like as long. As an adult I've mixed with people of other races on a daily basis, but as a kid I just didn't. I think thats why my closest friends are all white girls.

10. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I suppose it depends on what country I'm in. I've been traveling a bit more lately. If I am in a country with mostly non black people, it would be very weird. But, the U.S. is a bit of a melting pot, so I suppose it depends on where you grew up.

I do find it a little odd when white women have only black friends. I suppose it would make more sense if a black man didn't have many black friends considering that we are 15 or 16% of the population. If you didn't grow up in a largely black area, then you may not have as many black friends.

As far as my experience goes, I have one black friend, a few white friends, and a couple asian friends from my childhood. I think the population was under 5% black where I grew up.
    As I've gotten older, I keep my circle of friends rather small. I have more associates than close friends.

But, in regards to white women, yes, it is a little off putting when a ww that's interested in me only hangs out with black people.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Pretty much most of my friends in high school were white. Later, I hung out with biracial, Asian, Jewish and Latino. There were no issues when it came to us hanging out together. During my high school years, my mother didn't let me hang out with anyone but two guys who were friends of mine and the fact that she knew their mothers(one guy was black and used to live next door to us and the other was white and his mother worked as a RN like my mother). One of my friends taught me how to drive and helped me get my drivers license(she and her husband helped and they happened to be white). I was the only black male in the college theater group and didn't often get to play the lead part in a play because the director/instructor chose plays that were guaranteed to bring people into the theater. He chose plays that didn't have black characters so I had to play a minor part. On many occasions, I helped build sets, handled props , ushered and once worked on the light boardBecause I was interested in acting and the theater, which I still believe was an environment where the audience is not in the real world outside but the world inside the theater. He was a nice guy from Arkansas but he was under some pressure because the college was going to phase out the theater. He had to get good plays, good acting students to play the parts. All this to save the theater department. He didn't give me a straight answer as to why I couldn't be the lead in a play. But it was apparent that I was black and (white)folks were not open to seeing a black lead onstage with a white actress.
    The college was in the South.

There were classroom scenes from plays that I played in; the most interesting was that of a tattoo artist from Boston, the second and the most challenging part was the role of Mr. Velasco from Neil Simon's Barefoot In The Park(the director and I disagreed with the manner of Mr Velasco's movements and personality, but I did it his way). Another role was a character that I didn't like, an actor who believed that he was so good that he should get the best part above anyone else. Some in the audience liked my performance.

The funniest(and messiest) role I played was that of a serf; a slave in a play called The Barbarians Are Coming it was theater of the absurd at its finest. It was so absurd we didn't even rehearse it. On the night of the performance, I had to carry on reciting (and improvising) my lines while the other two actors had their lines hidden in the books they held. I remember stumbling into the set wearing a t-shirt covered in ketchup , with a wooden ax held against my chest.
    I then performed the voice of Kublai Khan, mostly growls and grunts.

I was almost a lead male actor in a play written by an instructor. The play was entitled I, Woman. It was sort of about legendary feminist Simone De Bouvior. I played the part of Man(as a God-like being). I had a great opening monologue and a chance to dance provocatively with the white female cast. But it didn't happen.

12. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

@Gorath have you continued your path in the art?

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

No. The stage door was closed for me twenty years ago. Working as an extra on film was another threshold for which I had also crossed. I was in competition with models and fitness instructors. I once tried to pursue voice acting. But I didn't know where to go or whom to see.

I had once told a woman on Christmas Day in 1984 that I wanted to be either one or all of the following; an actor, a musician/composer, or a writer. If I was neither one of those things, I'd rather be dead. I tried music, but like the voice acting, I knew no one in the music business. But I had been advised to stay away from it by two people; a professional session musician and my saxophone instructor who was a veteran of the Big Band era. He told me many stories about those times and the people he worked with.

I am eager to one day play again. But I have to get another tenor saxophone and more instruction and practice. I hope to one day compose music and make an album of cover songs as well as original music.

I had handwritten a novella. It took me over thirty years to write. I have to do one final rewrite. And when I have the money, get it proof-read, protected and published. I guess it is my last chance to succeed in an undertaking such as this.

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Well fellas time to move on to Asian women, they don't care if you don't have black friends LOL

15. RicardoCooper

Why would that make you a "bad person"

Women have a Town Crier scroll a mile long of their likes and dislikes and dealbreakers

Do you, cowboy

16. Since1980

Lol I guess because I want to believe that I'm better than people with a list of qualifications like that. I mean, I have things I look for in a woman but when I was on dating sites I tried to phrase it in a way that included people instead of excluding them.

17. meowkittenmeow

Lol, most of my best relationships were with korean and japanese women. I think there is some mild validity to their argument.

I have seen maybe 2 or 3 cases of black men who hang out with only white me that act like stereotypical white men. But, in my experience, black men who don't hang out with many black people tend to hang out with asians, latinos, whites, etc. Like Gorath mentioned. I rarely see those black men take on anything more than positive characteristics.

In regards to white women who have mostly black friends (especially black female friends), I'd say 7 out of 10 times the white women adopted every single negative attribute that is stereotypically associated with black women (even if her friends don't exhibit the same negative attributes).
    I have met a few that weren't like that, but not many.

18. meowkittenmeow

If you are attractive, (and make decent money) you can get away with a laundry list of likes and dislikes. That was my experience when trying online dating.

Oddly enough I found that the women who didn't meet the standards of my laundry list would message me to either argue with me, or to send a weird message like,"You're cute... too bad you only date women who workout", or some other passive agressive reverse psychology attempt.

You are an attractive man, bro, type that laundry list and watch them flock to you.

19. RicardoCooper

A lot of WW admire all that sassy, neckrolling bullshit. Many times the white girl is even more ratchet than the hoes she emulates, to get their respect. Shameful all around. Thinking black men need to avoid the drama

20. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I'd definitely avoid such a woman, but if she's looking to get with a BM who fits the ghetto, street image... She'd probably pass on me anyways.