Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

That is one classic movie. There is no IR in it however.

3. Soulthinker

I did not know that. Got to see that flick again and read the book that inspired the flick.

4. Soulthinker

I saw the screening of Patty Cake$ last Monday. Great flick but,the actress has curves in the wrong places.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

7. Soulthinker

8. darkcurry

The re-shoots back in July that I posted suggests that it won't, but I don't know for sure and they are still promoting this as a romance so I put that last post in this thread. Like I said fans will notice if they took out those kissing scenes and any other intimate scenes that maybe in the movie because 1) everybody knows it's a romance and 2)those pics are circulating all over the internet of them kissing in a scene.

The first look/bts made this movie look more intriguing I'm looking forward to seeing it. As long as they don't pull that move I think this will be Idris' redemption/bounce back from The Last Tower and this film doing well and already have oscar buzz surrounding it before it's release will make him hollywood's new leading man a lot of people have been waiting for. Just hope that the "sista brigade" don't come for his head with him being in a movie with a white woman. They were already trying to accuse him of erasing black women in his movies.

Man, black actors have it tough, less freedom than others. It's always something. lol. smh.

9. Reverie

But the actors is not who makes the casting decisions. How stupid does people need to be to not understand that?

10. darkcurry

They expect black men to turn down roles or DEMAND to be cast alongside black women in their films.

11. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Meanwhile they slobber all over white boys on screen every chance they get

Zoe Saldana is with a white boy in every single one of her movies (except possibly the Nina Simone one, which I haven't seen)

Ava DeVernay cast Chris Pine as the leading man in her next movie opposite a black chick. As director, she controls the casting

Interracial for me, but not for thee

If I sound like a broken record it's because the shit keeps happening. The hypocrisy is real

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Why let facts get in the way of acting butthurt and victimized

13. darkcurry

Meanwhile black actresses never get called out for erasing black men in their films. At least not on a public stage. This defense is HIGHLY credible to their double standard, high time brothas start using it. They are contributing to the REAL erasing of leading black males in movies. Sistas knew they had to expand to broader audiences to put themselves on and they know it helps reach a wider audience so they know what they are doing when going after black men that attempt to expand out. Keeping themselves ahead of black men.

14. Reverie

That would mean they stay out of work and we all know how that ends. Starts with a B and ends with roke.

Good point.

15. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

I really want to see this, wish the trailer had subtitles.

16. Soulthinker

Me too.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw the trailer and while it is good to see Kate Winslet on film, it isn't about romance in times of disaster but the most basic thing; survival. Idris and Kate have relationships before they met and they happen to have some commonalities. In a survival situation, be it two or more people, you need each other to survive. It looks interesting and it also reminds me of another film called The Edge with Anthony Hopkins, Alec Baldwin and Elle MacPherson.

18. Soulthinker

I saw the movie True To The Game two nights ago. One of the characters has a White gf/henchwoman. Another scene of a gangster whose gf left him and his friend brought a WW.

19. darkcurry

Annika Noelle is one of the girls in the cast
    [​IMG]

20. darkcurry

The first TV Spot for The Mountain Between Us I have seen today.

The first review of the film I seen today on http://variety.com/2017/film/festivals/the-mountain-between-us-review-1202553321/ by Peter Debruge. He mentions the romance in the movie lacking...

"...As icy plane crashes go, this one pales next to “Alive” or “The Grey,” while in terms of character insight, it’s got nothing on Julia Loktev’s “The Loneliest Planet” from a few years back. Whereas “The Mountain Between Us” was adapted from 300-odd semi-literate pages of three- and four-word sentences (Wilson’s prose makes Dan Brown sound like David Foster Wallace), Loktev’s film found more depth in a short story called “Expensive Trips Nowhere.” Incidentally, that would have been a perfect title for a movie in which neither the subzero temperature nor the romantic heat penetrates more than skin deep."

But he also doesn't seem too much of a fan of the book, so his full review sounds like he went in not being a fan. But at least it sounds like they didn't take the romance out of the movie, so the only question is does the romantic chemistry actually lacks and did they keep it as shallow as this critic says. Those re-shoots could mean so.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017