Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Is that why Berniecrats keep losing?

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Links? How many voters read? Either way he didn't need to say the "S" word in the most capitalist nation on earth.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I was gonna post this in the Conspiracy theory thread, until I realized it's all TRUE.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Smh. With a small fraction of that money we could have an autobahn. Florida to So Cal should be less than a 20 hour drive any given day. About 14 hours if you really getting it in.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Or free healthcare and college
    #priorities lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The Autobahn would pay for itself ie *pay the tax payers back* and create jobs. Got my priorities of policy straight, pimpin.

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

8. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Free healthcare and free college would, too. Money not spent on student loans means money spent at restaurants, car lots, clothing stores, movie theaters, grocery stores, gas stations, hotels, you name it. People paying hundreds of dollars in student loans every month would much rather put that money right back into their local economies.

9. The Dark King

Lol like bridges?
    I'm from NY you can't pull that one on me. The GW bridge was suppose to do the same thing but now it's up to 16 bucks for the toll they've automated most of the jobs and no one knows where all the money goes. It's the same with parking tickets does anyone have a clue where all that money goes

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It works for us in Florida. Look up the Florida turnpike, 500 miles of hwy action. Tolls average a dollar and a quarter. Also see our state tax rate for personal income.

Zero

Check mate.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It would boost the economy on that end but it will still cost us as well. The question: is it the least costly method for the intended result and does the benefit outweigh the cost. There are more questions to ask. There is no "Free" in economics.

12. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

So this isn't responding to any post in particular -- in fact, it's something that I've mostly heard outside this forum, rather than inside it, but this is supposed to be "random" political comments, so here it goes. Whenever I mention that I trust the Washington Post (more liberal) or The Hill (more conservative), I often hear the suggestion I should "think for myself" and "come up with my own conclusions" rather than listen to the media.

And of course there is some truth to that, and it certainly *sounds* wise. But I have a counter point: I'm not an expert, and I don't have a ton of free time (I'm a nurse). I can't travel to Washington DC every weekend to ask a bunch of questions and figure stuff out. I have to trust *somebody* to do that for me, and accurately report what's happening. I definitely think it's wise to look at several different news outlets, not just a single one, but either way I'm trusting other people do the heavy lifting for me.

It's sort of like saying I should figure out particle physics for myself: I mean, I would love to, because particle physics seems really cool, but I already have my own job and I don't personally have access to a particle accelerator, so I sort of have to trust somebody else when they tell me that the Higgs Boson has been found, ya know?

13. The Dark King

And you expect a multi state highway to operate the same way?
    Negro please

14. The Dark King

Well you don't like the word socialized so what works for you paid by all like all education before college and municipalities.
    It's weird that the idea of collective ownership to benefit all is so damn threatening. This winner take all survival of the richest doesn't work

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

More applicable than your bridge example.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Its not about what I like. This is a political thread not a financial one.

These conversations don't go anywhere because you want to argue a point and still ignore real life models. That's like debating Science while completely refusing to acknowledge technology. Futile.

17. The Dark King

You're the one opposed to innovation and applying what's worked else where. If death greed and destruction are the only possible things in your worldview why even bother conversing

18. The Dark King

Not at all because it illustrates that trying to take a passive route instead of a direct one helps to line the pockets of the already wealthy it does nothing to actually help the intended.

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

All day. Everyday.:cool:

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

My future depends on innovation what the hell are you even talking about?

All I said was Bernie used a poor choice of words then you started smoking.

The other thing I did was point to real economic principles. *Which you reject the very basics* Seems as if you have actually chosen your emotions which goes more in line with politics as a whole. Good on you. I'll stick with schools of logical thought. Especially when they have proven to be relevant in the real world.

Yes or no dude

Is there a free lunch in economics?