Charlottesville protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GAmomlisa, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Additionally, "Hispanic" and "Latino" are terms that encompass so many different types of people that they're meaningless to begin with. It conflates groups of people from various backgrounds who often don't want anything to do with each other much less black people. I've heard Mexicans shit on Puerto Ricans and vice versa, and I've heard Cubans in Florida talk like they're better than every other "Latin" group. Then there's all of the distinctions based on social class and skin color.

It's kind of like how "middle class" gets used in the US. You got people who are living paycheck to paycheck but self-identify as middle class because they don't want to be lumped in with people that they feel are beneath them. You also got people with seven figures in investments calling themselves "middle class" because they don't want to pay taxes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

^Don't forget them Middle Easterners too!!!

3. MightyLighty

GREAT POINT!!! I'd just like to add that "Hispanic" and "Latino" or whatever you want to call them, aren't the 'largest' minority group since Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and Cubans (three largest hispanic groups) don't self-identify under one umbrella term and have varyingly different socio-economic circumstances, I still see blacks as the 'largest'.

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

When it comes to economics and politics, people from spanish speaking countries tend to unify.

5. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

The only thing they unify with is their lips on white folks asses

6. flaminghetero

Another group of ass-kissing....non-white...white supremacists.

7. flaminghetero

Let them carry their own nuts

They don't speak up for us.

8. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Not Cubans. They're solidly Republican.

Also keep in mind that W. Bush got nearly 50% of the Hispanic vote not that long ago. There were pretty stark political divisions between Hispanic groups up until the Tea Party BS started up and the GOP lost its collective mind after Obama got elected.

When I lived in Texas, I knew "assimilated" Hispanics whose families had been in the US for multiple generations. Generally, they looked down on recent immigrants and had the same mindset as middle class whites.

9. MightyLighty

[​IMG]

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Smh we can't say all Hispanics or all Asians or all Middle Easterners because within those groups there are plenty of dark skinned people who are persecuted because they are "black" those people count too

11. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

As a white woman, far be it for me to say, but i dont think all this arguing about which minority groups kiss up to white men, or which are oppressed more or whatever, is productive. I think all PoC, and white women as well btw, should stand unified! We are stronger together! (lol didnt mean to quote hillary)

12. The Dark King

Well I appreciate allies from all walks of life but as of late I don't really feel like ww as a whole are with us but I do acknowledge the ones who are. We have a lot of work to do

13. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you are probably right :( We have a lot of work to do to switch that around, i think we can do it though, i think things are moving in that direction!

14. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

White women get their asses kissed almost as much, if not just as much as white men. The perceived status and choosing up mentality doesn't stop at just white men.

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

16. The Dark King

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This is the Event organizers statement:

"The reason for making the difficult decision “is to contribute to the de-escalation of rising tension and violence in America while pursuing the organization’s goal of a safe and secure America.”

"ACT for America is deeply saddened that in today’s divisive climate, citizens cannot peacefully express their opinion without risk of physical harm from terror groups domestic and international.

In recent weeks, extremist and radical organizations in the United States and abroad have overrun peaceful events in order to advance their own agendas, and in many cases, violence has been the result.

Given the security issues of organizing public events, the responsible decision is to deny this opportunity to Neo-Nazis, Antifa, the KKK, and ISIS inspired individuals and groups.

ACT for America’s membership is patriotic citizens whose only goal is to celebrate America’s values and peacefully express their views regarding national security.

The original goal of the rallies was to show support for “common sense ‘America First’ security policies proposed by President Trump” — policies that “prioritize real protection over political correctness, and celebrate American exceptionalism.”

“ACT for America has notified all its volunteer team leaders and organizers of [these changes], and requested that all local event planning be terminated,” the press release adds.

“Any events that continue to be scheduled for this date do not have the sponsorship or endorsement of ACT for America, and the organization’s name may not be used.”

Additional details regarding the “Day of ACTion” will be released soon. You can get the latest information
    by visiting actforamerica.org."

18. andreboba

Since Act America is an anti-Muslim hate group, started BTW by an Arab Christian(!!),I guess they should have been listed among those undesirables they want to prevent from showing up.

From Bridgette Gabriel, one of the founding members of ACT for America, per Breitbart and the Southern Poverty Law Center;
    https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/act-america

“Europe will no longer be Europe by 2050. Europe has already become Eurabia. Europe is Eurabia right now.”

“Practicing Muslims who believes the word of the Koran to be the word of Allah … who goes to mosque and prays every Friday, who prays five times a day — this practicing Muslim, who believes in the teachings of the Koran, cannot be a loyal citizen of the United States.”

19. andreboba

Just proving how many activists on the right are really just a bunch of snowflakes who KNOW most of their membership are gun-toting racists.

If ACT for America believes their membership and related groups aren't going to do anything violent, why cancel the protests??

THey just don't want to be associated in public with other right wing hate groups.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You understsnd why, right? The United States is a democracy. Islamic practices are not. Ask a chick with her clit cut off.

Islam and Liberal Democracy
    Is Islam by its very nature antithetical to the development of democratic institutions? A distinguished historian contemplates this difficult question, one whose answer is fraught with consequence for several troubled regions of the world..

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1993/02/islam-and-liberal-democracy/308509/

@SHARIA LAW <---