Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

He has been golfing before 2009 so no!

Trump would still have golfed more than Bush and Clinton combined. Even with Obama added on, he still have golfed more times than them combined. I want to also add the cost of him going to Florida especially when you are not a Floridian! No excuse what so ever.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He didnt say he had to research the KKK, he said he didn't know much about David Duke when adked, blaming his snswr on a faulty ear piece, then stated
    "David Duke is a bad person, who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years," Trump said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"I disavowed him. I disavowed the KKK," Trump added. "Do you want me to do it again for the 12th time? I disavowed him in the past, I disavow him now."

I don't think he is 'racist as heck' but agree that he harbors deep stereotypical assumptions based off of ignorance.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You don't know anything about me, my life, my experiences with racism or anything else.Miss me.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Of course not, I just know what the other person on the other side of the computer has put up for me to read. And judging by your response, as do you.

5. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

Mrs Curves seems to be having tough time containing how she really feels. She's clearly NOT "woke".

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

But A LOT of people think they are, David Duke has even told his followers to stay woke. The thing is unless they are unforgiving no one truly believes that they are racist, sexist, ignorant, homophobic, ect. because that's not how they become conditioned by them. I'm sure you seen it, racist people will call someone racist. It works with rhetoric, speech, keyhole facts(where you only look/entertain part of a fact that fits your narrative/belief. Never open the door, just look through the keyhole.), theories, ect.

These type of men
    [​IMG]

No hoods, no nazi clothing, but professors, novelist, authors, physicians, scientist. These kind of people laid some of the groundwork for racial supremacy and what would later be coined racism. I encourage you if you don't know them to look them up and you would see how they justified their beliefs to be facts due to their "studies" and "findings" and they were taken seriously because of what kind of education and titles they had. This type of ignorance got spread and passed off as intelligence and facts. So whoever believed a lot of the shit they spewed did not believe they were being racially indifferent and bias towards black people because that wasn't how men like them presented it.

You don't present it in a negative way, you will attract people to it. People aren't naturally attracted to negativity. These men knew that.

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The difference is, when Tawana Brawley was found out to be a liar, Sharpton didn't STILL keep going around calling those cops rapists and Tawana a victim.

Trump knew the facts after those 5 Black boys were cleared of any wrongdoing, and still attacked them.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Stop feeding the troll fellas. I barely skimmed her responses and it's pure mental gymnastics without any support. It's pure conjecture with anecdotal evidence meant to rile you up.
    How many times are you gonna say "I can't believe you think that"
    She's either mentally ill or plain just fucking with you. In either case no conversation can possibly bare fruit.

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

You might be right. It's just that Bliss has been a long term member here and only talks sideways when it comes to politics.
    It's like a zero sum game to her. Only ONE side can be right.

IMO she's just stubborn. No way she respects Trump or would tolerate a tenth of the shit he's said or done in a progressive candidate.

But yeah, at this point Bliss does sound like she's trolling.
    But she IS real. This isn't some fake out she's trying to pull. There's a real Philly, Greek (stacked and phine!)chick on the other side of her keyboard.

She just identifies too hard with being a conservative.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  10. The Dark King

I don't care if she's real or not her rhetoric is dishonest and racist af.
    At this point what is a conservative in this country other than out of touch people who believe in individualism above all else while chanting patriotism, people who are miserable and want everyone else to be miserable with them instead of employing that pull yourself up by the bootstraps mantra. They are cruel and enjoy watching others suffer even it means they'll suffer right along with them.

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I thought @Bliss was an Aussie. When did she become Greek?

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I agree 100%, thats why I say when it comes to politics, Bliss is in a bubble that just does not let in any facts that disagree/disprove with what she already believes, just in this thread alone, I have had to correct her multiple times, especially when it comes to Obama, she just has a REALLY big blind spot, she feels he did not live up to his promise of hope and change, despite AMPLE evidence that he performed exceptionally well in the face of historical difficulties that he faced on day 1. I agree that Bliss is not a troll, she is thoughtful, compassionate, and caring on multiple other topics, she just has blind spots when it comes to certain matters of race, I think the only analogy we could draw for her is if one of us guys were downplaying or were obstinate about how much sexism still exists.

13. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

14. The Dark King

Australian by way of Greece. Kind of like if I moved to Canada people might be confused when I say I'm Jamaican even though I was born and grew up in the states.

15. The Dark King

You guys are far too kind. To have a blind spot about race at this time and in this country is to participate and support racism and all the evil that comes with it.
    No one would even entertain most of this nonsense if the people in question were Jews and the oppression was coming from the third Reich and their sympathisers but for some reason when the topic is race and the victims are black suddenly theres nuance

16. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

OK, that's fine, but again... For a person who loves to tell us how much he knows and such whether it's cybersecurity or ISIS... You can't make me believe that suddenly, he didn't know enough about Duke. Yes, we'll have to agree to disagree as I'm totally convinced this country has POTUS who is very racist.

17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I hear what you are saying TDK, politics/race are topics that lend themselves to a lot of false, misleading, specious statistics that can easily lead people astray from reality. That's why when Bliss is in full bubble mode and posting falsehoods, misleading, or just plain wrong information on these topics, it is important to me to reply with facts and reality, I know that Bliss is too deep in her bubble to hear me or others, or to admit it when proven wrong (I believe she thinks that admitting being wrong is showing weakness, when in reality it is a strength), but it is important to respond so that others reading here get the facts/truth, or at least additional information/context, and are not themselves led astray. Thats why I have and will continue to engage with her and others on such topics. I asked her once what caused her, imo, massive shift to the right in recent times, and she declined to answer, but given that in recent threads she has referenced material from a group that is literally on a hatewatch list (immigration numbers), a convicted felon/liar (disgraceful piece of garbage book on Obama), pizzagate (a theory advanced by complete nutjobs like self described "performance artist" Alex Jones, I'm still curious as to what caused her shift.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Politics like religion fulfills a need for absolution.

In those areas logic creates the uncomfortable feeling of cognitive dissonance. People would rather feel comfortable while the country goes to shit rather than hear the truth.

Prime example : global warming.

Something has to change and soon. There is no other good option. How does that make you feel?

Example:
    Bees are dying. We have to stop what's killing them or we will die!!
    How does that feel?

How about a nice refreshing cup of absolution instead?

Because we already know what's important, fuck logic.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Notice how fat Jesus pretends to know everything.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So for those that desire a fortune 500 tech CEO to be president, it won't happen. Some of those guys are some of the best problem solvers in the world.

The are not appeasers