BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Fan outrage wasn't what saved "The Wire". HBO execs were kind enough to ask David Simon to come in for a face-to-face to discuss the fate of the show which was likely going to lead to their announcement that they were ending the series. They respected the work of Simon, the showrunner and creator, and loved the show enough to give him that type of consideration rather than just doing it over the phone. Simon realized this (the explanation above are basically his own words after the meeting). So he came up with an outline on where he saw the characters going to next as well as the outline for season four. He busted his ass to put it together. And he wowed the HBO execs when he laid it all out for them at the meeting. They were so impressed they not only granted him a fourth season, but a fifth and final season on the spot. He went into the meeting thinking the show was going to be over and walked out with show being given two more years. GOAT.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The same thing happened with Continuum getting a final season. Syfy wasn't originally going to do it and was about to cancel it, but the Continuum fandom brought it back.

3. darkcurry

Rare IR kissing scene with the main female lead on the television show Wynonna Earp

[​IMG]

But, just watched (about a week ago) The first season of Wynonna Earp and the kiss doesn't happen until episode 12. It is of course it's Interracial love triangle with
    him and a white guy(Doc Holliday) where most of the intimacy were between them two and they made the black guy (stop me if you heard this one.) standoffish towards
    her, pushing her away and kind of emotionless during most of the season while making the white guy the pursuer and the lover. So it's another show that poorly depicts interracial relationships between black men and white women. So I would just recommend the kissing scene, because it is some what romantic, but of course ruins it at the end. lol.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Don't forget the white guy gets to bang her while the black guy gets a silly kiss

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about watching this show months ago (I forgot to post about it), but from what little I read on Wikipedia & seen on YouTube the lead female character is supposed to be Lesbian/Bi & she has a major recurring lesbian love interest that the brotha also has to compete with.

6. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

If I had been Melanie I would have negged the script writers and the producers to have a hot love making scene with Shamier. :p

7. darkcurry

That was her sister that is lesbian/bi. But season 2 starts this summer and SPOILER ALERT: The black guy is in prison they are trying to bust him out of, so you know how that is going to go with her having alone time with the white guy.

8. darkcurry

Sound familiar? lol. I mentioned a show on here called Shoot The messenger that had a similar pattern only thing is the black guy did have intimacy. You can
    pretty much guarantee that if the love triangle with the main character involves a black guy and a white guy they're going to make him the romantic lover and the black guy the unromantic lover and give the white guy more or the only love scenes because they believe and want to show that black guys can't give a woman especially a white woman what white guys can give them.

The Movie Z for Zachariah was similar as well and another show I can't remember, but you can pretty much tell they are doing it on purpose they are purposely depicting IR relationships with main characters in a bad light just proving the entertainment industry STILL has an issue with putting Interracial Couples in the spotlight if it means making the black guy the romantic love interest. If you look at real life interracial couples like those youtube interracial couples that are on here and compare it to the way hollywood depicts black men and white women, hollywood get's it WRONG a lot. Wynonna and Dolls would've been a couple or he would be the only one she was interested in if they did it right. If you watched the show there was absolutely no reason to make her and Doc lovers. So it just goes to show they had an objective to put black men in a bad light when it comes to being a lover.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  9. The Dark King

Or they can't fathom a world where a white woman would freely choose a black man over someone white well unless it's a foreign show or movie. I genuinely don't understand why they are so threatened

10. darkcurry

She has no problem falling for her great great grandfather's best friend, but her relationship with a black guy is the one that's difficult and lacks intimacy...

[​IMG]

It's increasingly obvious that white men in Hollywood have a personal problem with black men in IR relationships.

11. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Neither do I, but white women is not allowed to find black men attractive still.

12. The Dark King

No kidding. I can't even point to a good IR in the U.S.
    It's always drama filled never romantic

13. darkcurry

Well their are some good IR with supporting characters in like TIMELESS and other shows and movies, at a minimal of course. But yeah you can get fooled if
    you don't watch the entire season thinking that will be Interracial love story between black men and white women, that's how t.v. get ya. And it's game over if their is a love triangle.

14. ColiBreh1

I like Diggle & Lyla on "Arrow", but they've brought unnecessary drama to their relationship the 2nd half of this current season.

15. The Dark King

You know which show I think did it perfectly was Happy Endings. They were so on point like a real couple but funny and loose

16. darkcurry

^^ speaking of comedies...

Friends From College set to debut on NETFLIX in July.

[​IMG]

17. ColiBreh1

18. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

The game has changed quite frankly. With lots of delayed watching, streaming and pirating.

19. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

20. ColiBreh1

[​IMG] ABC had their Upfront presser today & released trailer for their new shows. No news on this show.