BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

FYI's Seven Year Switch Season 2

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

That's not true. They just tend to be indie movies.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Mainstream still wants to push the narrative that interracial between black men and white women as the lead won't sell in theatres. So indie is the closest, so
    that way they can keep it out of mainstream media. Last IR romantic success in a mainstream film was the movie "FOCUS", but it got tore down by the
    media and critics... I liked it though. Hollywood still with a couple of exceptions(like Margot Robbie) play protect certain actresses from doing romantic IR films with black men.
    Although the movie "A United Kingdom" because of it's release in the UK was eligible for awards this season, but no love. It has an american Release date next month.

4. ColiBreh1

I just saw this promo for the CBS medical drama "Pure Genius":

5. ColiBreh1

I just saw this promo for next week's episode of the ABC sitcom "American Housewife":

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I saw the trailer of Jordan Peele's flick Get Out of a brother visiting his White girl friend's parents who turns out to be very strange like their Black 'help'.

7. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Young couple Theo Carver & Claire Brady (Kyler Pettis and Olivia Rose Keegan), Day of Our Lives soap.

8. ColiBreh1

OK, I watched the 3rd episode of Lee Daniels' "Star" that aired last week....

Despite the fact that "Star" is a black show about the music industry in Atlanta & the white chick lead character Star is actually bi-racial with a black husband & is very pro-black in real life, Lee Daniels has managed to give her a white dude as a long-term love interest.

Not only that, the dark-skinned chick Alex who is daughter of Lenny Kravitz & Naomi Campbell on this show has some Puerto Rican-looking dude as her love interest.

The prominent black male characters are (NONE of them are regulars, They all are recurring characters):

1. Lenny Kravitz who plays a legendary rock star, but dude seems to be a junkie/alcoholic.

2. Tyrese plays a pastor who is simping over Queen Latifah

3. Darius McCrary who plays the abusive foster father of Star's younger sister Simone, who he sexually abuses.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  9. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

You are a warrior to get through that dreck. That sounds like that hot garbage.

10. Shulz021

Nice find

11. ColiBreh1

Any of y'all watch "Rosewood" on FOX? It might be 1 show on TV where the BM (or WW) lead with IR love interest is done right.

These are all gifs from the current 2nd season:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. darkcurry

I never understood that. I seen movies and I think another TV show where they have a urban ww, growing up around and in a black community, has black friends but
    a white love interest. Like a black love interest wouldn't be realistic, but black friends would. That is also another way in what I see that hollywood is actually trying
    to show a dissaproval of IR between a bm and a ww. And now even black producers are portraying it the same. Giving audiences a bad perception of
    interracial relationships between black men and white women.

I have said this before but we jumped the gun with seeing IR relationships, because Hollywood clearly has an hidden agenda in the way they like to portray them
    for the most part. You have to pay attention to REALLY see and understand it. How many IR relationships between black men and white women that are an
    actual love story versus the ones that are tumultuous and/or tragic. Pay attention and don't get distracted by the fact they are showing it.

Back to this show... I'am no way homophobic, I have zero problem with gay people, but I'm being real in what I see when I say Lee Daniels seems like one
    of those black gay guys that takes on the characteristics of one of those black women that are against BM dating outside their race especially white women, but
    cool with black women doing it. Hope this show isn't doing well, especially knowing that the woman who is playing star is actually biracial with a black husband
    and by her instagram LOVES her husband a lot and they got her on this show that isn't very favorable to black men.:rolleyes:

13. Shulz021

Nice gif :D

14. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you, which is to say, there isn't enough positive IR representation. Compared to ten years ago, there's tons of IR - it's grown exponentially (thanks Obama), but we are now in a historical moment where we can start to discuss the quality of it.

15. darkcurry

On Netflix we are getting Jessica Jones and Luke Cage
    [​IMG]

And in theatres coming here in the U.S. the movie A United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Those are the only two positive IR relationships that are capturing people's attention right now especially Luke Cage & Jessica Jones.

But here is when the media plays it's part. They are pretty much ignoring A United Kingdom which is critically acclaimed and who
    knows what they will do with Luke & Jessica.

16. ColiBreh1

What are some other examples of Movies/TV shows with a ww from a black/urban community who managed to find a white savior love interest? 1 of the black podcasts I listen to that does movie reviews felt this way about Jane/Margot Robbie in the Tarzan movie that came out this past year.

Anyways, they did a good enough job to make Star look white with makeup & hair, but not the younger sister Simone. She can't pass for Anglo white, she's clearly a Latina.

Man if you think Lee Daniels was pushing a LGBT agenda on "Empire", he's taken it to another level with "Star". There's at least 3 trannies on this show. It's a legit not safe for dudes to lust over chicks on this show, because you aren't sure if it's a real female or a tranny.

Also, I'm wondering if Lee Daniels is Fake Gay to get put on. I recently got put onto this old NYT article from 2009 where he admits he is Bi, not gay. Talking some nonsense about the reason he don't mess with females is because they won't accept him for being with men. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Which podcast?

18. ColiBreh1

movietrailerreviews.net

19. darkcurry

I don't remember any other ones, mainly because I try to forget. But Tarzan was always a white love story in Africa. lol. I think I touched on "Don't Shoot The Messenger".

20. darkcurry

Isaiah Mustafa Katherine Mcnamara - Shadowhunters

Just came across images. Has anybody seen this show? If so, are they a couple on the show?

[​IMG] [​IMG]