BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see Nashville.

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

MAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!! The Powers That Be had HP sucking & Fucking every other dude on that ABC series for two seasons . . . but not her Black Bodyguard Bubba. He barely gets any dialogue so I know even showing the slightest bit of interracial has to be on Collen's part since she's producing it now and has an interracial family herself guess ABC wouldn't let her do so previously but MTV/VH1/BET said come on with it lol

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Who is Collen? What IR family?

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah who is Collen. You mean Connie?

5. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

My mistake . . . I forgot her name is Connie aka Reyna James

6. ColiBreh1

I've come to the conclusion outside of indy/limited release & foreign movies I'm starting to think the only way BMWW onscreen will be done right is if both characters are supporting characters like on this show or Diggle & Lyla on "Arrow". Even if it was a black movie or TV show, BW aren't gonna support it if the Black Male lead has a ww as his main love interest. So it's gotta be a supporting character.

7. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

And she was killed off unnecessarily.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's like they killed her off so they could introduce some ratchet black chick into the fold. They totally lost me with that shit. I no longer watch

9. ColiBreh1

Yeah, IDK if I'm gonna even bother with 2nd half of the season.

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I hate when a lot of these black movies/TV shows do bm/ww Interracial relationships, they seem to go out their way to make it a relationship to not care about. The white
    woman either has racist tendencies or she dumb as a box of rocks and they paint the brotha out to be corny or just as dumb. Black Hollywood and White Hollywood for
    the most part on bm/ww relationships seem to purposely make it a failure. "A United Kingdom" is a rare gem in telling a bm/ww Interracial Love Story, that the media seem to be silent about and award shows so far seem to be passing on even though numerous of critics are calling it award worthy. I thought critically acclaimed movies are supposed to be the ones to get
    all of the award love... That was the reason they said for movies like "Room" and "Brooklyn" as to why those movies got a lot of attention from award shows. I hope the Academy Awards, BAFTAs and Independent Spirit Awards don't overlook it. Those are the only three award shows this "awards season" have yet to release their nominees.

11. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

A little more info the actor is Joseph David Jones for fans of DC's Legends of Tomorrow he played the Green Arrow of the future in a couple of episodes.

From his IMDB page looks like he wont he a couple of episodes and out kinda deal on Nashville he will be in at least 20 of 22 episodes this season.

Clay, a talented African-American musician in his mid-20s who's charming and outgoing, but also incredibly volatile. Which only serves to make his music that much more compelling. Clay's mood swings might be the result of something deeper than just your typical emotional ups-and-downs. Though he and Maddie come from wildly different socioeconomic backgrounds, they find common ground in music. And while the idea of dating a "bad boy" may appeal to Maddie initially... she's going to be in for a lot more than she bargained for.

12. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah definetly seems to be a factor of Connie becoming Producer. Good on her for using that power.

Black characters were drivebys. 20 out of 22 episodes means the whole season essentially.

13. ColiBreh1

I'm watching the mid-season premiere of the NBC sitcom "The Good Place" (Season 1, Episode 10) that aired this past week. They got 2 women (Kristen Bell & this British Indian/White biracial chick played by Jameela Jamil) fighting over the Brotha.

This reminded me that outside of maybe black movies/tv shows, you never see BM involved in love triangles with 2 other women. The only other time I've seen it is on Season 1 of "Supergirl".

14. Soulthinker

DC,I would not hold my breath on a WW/BM verison of a Monster's Ball type of movie when a White actress win the role like Hallie Berry in the Oscars. CB1,Kristen Bell did a great job on House Of Lies. That series had more IR lovin than I had ever seen on any series on TV. Don Cheedle did great too.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I just watched that episode

**Spoilers**
    Both chicks friendzone him by the end of the episode.

16. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

If you've watched most of the episodes this season, it's clear the writers are establishing a romance between Eleanor (KB) and Chidi (WJH). They might not execute on it for some time (let's hope the show lasts), but they're antagonistic dynamic is what television writers want in love interests. They're opposites who have great timing and chemistry. William Jackson Harper's performance as Chidi is refreshing and proves that BM can play nerdy/charming and get the girl as well.

17. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Well there are movies like that, just not with many "top" movie actresses. But I'm talking about romances.

18. ColiBreh1

https://twitter.com/TVGuide/status/818889850669727748
    [​IMG]

19. ColiBreh1

[​IMG]

20. Soulthinker

My fave IR Romance flick is Save The Last Dance. It made money but,for some reason no one else want to make another decent IR romance flick aka ww/bm.