NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yep..l think everyone is aware of the stark differences. No comparasion. Not the discussion either.

The point being made is, was it worse than led to believe. In and of itself, by itself. Based on information available, yes it was. "Indentured Servitude" sounds easy..but it was not. They were oppressed, not free, and many lied to and kidnapped. Many had. false debt tacked on until their deaths, or until outlawed after the Civil War.
    I would hope the first to empathize would be those whose ancestors were enslaved..not dismissing it as having a bunch of Rights. Certainly slavery sits at the top and Indentured Servitude sits beneath it.
    What is tragic as well is it's still ongoing to a degree but just sheltered from the Western world.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Nice to see them respectfully standing, while protesting.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Respectful? Why is this respectful? They don't have their hands over their hearts like they're suppose to.
    Only difference I see here should be obvious to everyone

5. The Dark King

But it connects to nothing presently does it?
    Are the Irish unfairly oppressed in this country? Are they treated like second class citizens?
    The ONLY reason black people bring up slavery is because it connects to the way we are currently treated. Same thing with Native Americans. Why is this darn hard to comprehend?

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Not hard to comprehend at all.
    But it not connecting to present day doesn't bode for discounting. It's still a dark part of this country's history that is not really told, let alone discussed. The fact that their descendents are not oppressed is a story in itself.

7. The Dark King

Is it? It's pretty cut and dry they assimilated into whiteness and worked extra hard by being very racist against blacks.

Wait never mind believe what you want

8. darkcurry

Yeah, racism was attached to the slavery of black people and the genocide of Native Americans, which is the part that us descendants still face today.(connection) Poverty and slavery in this country is always categorized like this:

Poor Whites - at the bottom
    Poor People Of Color - at the bottom of the bottom

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

And that's the sum story of the history of the Irish here, huh?
    Wait never mind, believe what you want.

10. darkcurry

I don't know/have the statistics but last I check African Americans have led this country in poverty longer than anyone else. Can anyone get those statistics through the years? I'm at work right now.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

They probably have, however there have been poor Whites in poverty as long as, as well..most likely in less percentanges, however.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The stats indicate that water is still wet.

13. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

14. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

My bet is on the Native Americans. Almost completely wiped off the face of the earth and the reservations aren't nice.

15. darkcurry

yeah I understand that, my point is racial inequality is mostly directed at poor people of color, because of how this is also a rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer system and society we live in. It's harder to racially attack wealthy or well off people of color (even though they still obviously experience racism.). That's why most of these racial and social injustices are happening against the poor. Because we are socially conditioned to not have much sympathy for them, especially poor black people; they're thugs, they kill each other, ect.

16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

17. darkcurry

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Pretty sure economics has nothing to do with the "Black on black" crime in Chicago and St Louis.

Lol

19. The Dark King

Of course not lol
    They need better leaders lol

20. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member