NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No I never said that. That doesn't make sense considering the Union army was mostly white try again please.

4. The Dark King

Thanks my dude. Really feeling the love on here lately. I appreciate being around intelligent forward thinking black men.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words

6. meowkittenmeow

Same

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Co-sign. Bruthas working together for the cause:)

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well we were ACTUALLY discussing the Revolutionary War...to which you said..

"Well the point is further illustrates because they thoroughly understood the need and desire to be free but had no problem keeping other people as slaves. So why should anyone respect and stand for this hypocritical song?"

And l replied there were indeed Whites who had a problem. So not sure why you're bringing the Union Army into it which didn't form until one hundred years later.

9. The Dark King

Bottom line MOST were ok with slavery could care less if blacks were left in chains. Clear enough for You?

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The racially ignorant and racist "NFL Fans" are showing their true colors I hope these black NFL players see this hashtag on twitter next time they step on the field and realize just what some of these "NFL fans" really think of them and what place they should be in.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This guy puts it in perspective:
    [​IMG]

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

SMH. So y'all see that #boycottNFL is the #1 trending topic on Twitter?

12. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Source(s) please.

13. The Dark King

That most citizens of the U.S. during slavery were ok with slavery? Are you serious right now? Lol
    Don't let the years of horrific racism evidenced during reconstruction and Jim crow laws sway you or anything.

14. The Dark King

They ain't boycotting shit LMAO

15. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOLOL. You really need to see statistical research to believe most Americans prior to the Civil War, and afterwards(!!), were okay with slavery???:rolleyes:

Every single one of the signatories of the Declaration of Independence owned slaves.

Nearly every POTUS before Lincoln owned slaves.

When we say most Americans, more than 50%, were okay with slavery, IMO we mean most people just didn't give a shit.

Just like they didn't care that all women were second class citizens in America.

Come on, Bookworm. Common sense please.

The USA isn't some happy fairy tail they teach us in elementary school.

This nation was born in blood and oppression.
    We've been trying to fix this shit and make it better for almost 400 years, and I'm not talking just about slavery.

16. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

You and I both know that wasn't in reference to the whites in the south, which are a whole different, disgusting breed of people.

You have been spouting in this thread about the whites in the NORTH.

So, where are your sources?

17. The Dark King

The codified law of the land. You think white people in the North were some special breed of people living in the North because they were opposed to southern slavery?
    It was more about economics due to industrialization. They weren't noble they fought because they were conscripted to. And I love how you say spout like there is no truth to it. Keep playing willfully and woefully ignorant.

18. meowkittenmeow

You are from New York. Wasn't there a racially motivated draft riot there in 1863?

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Curious. Protected how?

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Not really. Most is still too much. I'd say there were people..

There really wasn't the power of TV and social media back then, but l suspect there were people who did not agree with slavery. It's not like our generation suddenly evolved, especially because slavery still exists in this world and no one cares much.
    I think they would have rebelled against the horrific slave trade sooner if they had the means and ability. Not to mention fear was likely a denominator also.
    People as a whole have very little power unless strategically unified. As we see with with some of the most populous nations in the world, when the people are controlled by the government and information is filtered, they not only have no power, they are conditioned to stay in their lane. I would think you know that they also hung many white people that supported the abolishment of slavery.

Fast forward to today's counter-current group such as BLM for example, even with so many in power supporting them, any legislative prosecutorial change is still absent thus far. It's still hard to fight City Hall.