NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

If you decide to mine that sounds like a good rig to make some money.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It is. I got into building them myself, I used to use Puget before that. You really need the dedicated cores for multiple monitors. I really enjoy playing a loan-hand. I don't make as much as I would on the street, but I am more than comfortable and in a position to live how I want. I am always so happy to meet more brothas trading.

3. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

From the little browsing I did, I've found that there are Racial Discrimination Acts and other laws in place to protect Aborigines. That alone shows everything isn't as great as the brochure mentions. While it's not a reflection of everyone in the country, the rights of indigenous people are clearly an issue out there. Nothing gets to the level of government action without a lot of people raising a fuss about it.

The US likes to call itself a melting pot, implying that everyone here is living in harmony. We clearly know that is not the case, so the nicknames countries gives themselves or other countries on their .gov sites and Forbes magazine lists don't mean anything.

And yeah, moving to another country because *insert race* women want to fuck you or even have a real relationship is not a good enough reason. Vacation? Sure. After you fuck and come back to reality, then what? It means nothing if your livelihood is threatened. Pussy don't pay the bills unless you're selling it.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The problem isn't with anyone having alternative views & opinions, but it's the individuals themselves. If the only reason you're on this forum is to strictly be confrontational because the majority of people seem to have views and opinions counter to your own, you've already fucked yourself before you've even expressed a view or opinion.

5. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Not the end of the world, MS. I know you already you prefer literally anything that's white, female and can move. I'm not that desperate for female companionship.

Ok, so you mean like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=Bus...KEwi015-P-f_OAhUH1R4KHdeZAr4Q_AUIBygC#imgrc=_

About posting, I do have to admit, I'm better suited for talking to people in person rather than on forums or social media. If you speak your mind too intensely (especially online), it's easy for people to flip and lose their cool because the in-person element isn't there, it's replaced with a computer instead.

What I find hard to believe is that the affordable care act was passed, and yet this analysis shows that it hasn't made a difference in how people self-perceive their own health. Most people would be inclined to believe that everyone's health would've improved.

6. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Still have to spread the rep around.

7. DudeNY12

Agreed! I always say that "We have to do better". Too many of us are quick to complain but want no part of a real struggle (and combining forces) to realize the benefits of success down the road. I do hear many say stuff like... "i want my own business" and/or "I'm tired of working for somone else". Unfortunately... Many times these are people who aren't realizing how much goes into starting and making a business successful (including startup capital).

8. meowkittenmeow

The Irish slave argument is a common one among white supremacists in an attempt to silence valid arguments from black protesters.

Here is some accurate information on the subject and the reason why the argument of Irish slaves is bullshit. If someone approaches you with this argument, just rest assured that they are a white supremacist. Not the cross burning kind, but the "why are they always complaining-making it about race-I don't believe in white privilege or mine is lessened because blah blah blah" type of white supremacist... you know, the most common kind.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._and_irrelevancies_people_trot_out_about.html

Is it true?: If we’re talking about slavery as it was practiced on Africans in the United States—that is, hereditary chattel slavery—then the answer is a clear no. As historian and public librarian Liam Hogan writes in a paper titled “The Myth of ‘Irish Slaves’ in the Colonies,” “Persons from Ireland have been held in various forms of human bondage throughout history, but they have never been chattel slaves in the West Indies.” Nor is there any evidence of Irish chattel slavery in the North American colonies. There were a large number of Irish indentured servants, and there were cases in which Irish men and women were sentenced to indentured servitude in the “new world” and forcibly shipped across the Atlantic. But even involuntary laborers had more autonomy than enslaved Africans, and the large majority of Irish indentured servants came here voluntarily.

Which raises a question: Where did the myth of Irish slavery come from? A few places. The term “white slaves” emerged in the 17th and 18th centuries, first as a derogatory term for Irish laborers—equating their social position to that of slaves—later as political rhetoric in Ireland itself, and later still as Southern pro-slavery propaganda against an industrialized North. More recently, Hogan notes, several sources have conflated indentured servitude with chattel slavery in order to argue for a particular Irish disadvantage in the Americas, when compared to other white immigrant groups. Hogan cites several writers—Sean O’Callaghan in To Hell or Barbados and Don Jordan and Michael Walsh in White Cargo: The Forgotten History of Britain’s White Slaves in America—who exaggerate poor treatment of Irish indentured servants and intentionally conflate their status with African slaves. Neither of the authors “bother to inform the reader, in a coherent manner, what the differences are between chattel slavery and indentured servitude or forced labor,” writes Hogan.

This is an important point. Indentured servitude was difficult, deadly work, and many indentured servants died before their terms were over. But indentured servitude was temporary, with a beginning and an end. Those who survived their terms received their freedom. Servants could even petition for early release due to mistreatment, and colonial lawmakers established different, often lesser, punishments for disobedient servants compared to disobedient slaves. Above all, indentured servitude wasn’t hereditary. The children of servants were free; the children of slaves were property. To elide this is to diminish the realities of chattel slavery, which—perhaps—is one reason the most vocal purveyors of the myth are neo-Confederate and white supremacist groups.

Bottom line: Even if many Irish immigrants faced discrimination and hard lives on these shores, it doesn’t change the fact that American slavery—hereditary and race-based—was a massive institution that shaped and defined the political economy of colonial America, and later, the United States. Nor does it change the fact that this institution left a profound legacy for the descendants of enslaved Africans, who even after emancipation were subject to almost a century of violence, disenfranchisement, and pervasive oppression, with social, economic, and cultural effects that persist to the present.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  9. DudeNY12

My degree is actually in accounting. When I graduated from HS... I had no idea what I wanted to do, and I was always strong in Math. Midway in my junior year I finally admitted to myself that as much as I'm trying to be excited about accounting... I absolutely hated it. I landed in the IT field because I had a work-study gig in the computer lab, which I loved.

10. meowkittenmeow

Similar story. I studied accounting because my father is an Accountant. I focus on trading these days and work for myself. I find that it helps me in many areas and I never had a problem with accounting. I just found that I was a trader at heart.

11. The Dark King

That's why I am such a fan of investing. It takes little start up capital and just consistency and some patience. Truthfully I think our egos get the better of us. We haven't become comfortable in our own skin. We need things to justify our existence. Too many of us care more about impressing people than improving ourselves and our environment.

12. The Dark King

I knew there's a reason I felt a kinship with you two :D

That's why I love cryptocurrency so much. It married tech and finance for me.
    Trading can be so much fun... if you're disciplined.

13. meowkittenmeow

Yeah, my tech side... I got into some coding and I enjoy building investment rigs and gaming rigs for myself. I think people tend to spend money on something to impress people. I spend mine on tech and impressing myself.

You two are good dudes.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Awesome post!!:smt080

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Bet
    It's a pleasure meeting you guys. I have a degree in accounting. A lot of people don't realize that finance is the operational function of accounting until they graduate with their finance degrees. Not their fault no one tells them. I see Finance as the relationship between risk and reward, and economics as the implications. Lastly I see tax as the only biased aspect. I thinks it takes a good understanding of it all to really grasp finance. Once I seen the big picture I never was the same. lol. At one point I had my series 7 & 63, but I'm not a seller I'm more of a trader at heart.

Now I'm just working on my engineering degree to complement my experience in electronics. I always loved Technology. Iv'e also had formal education in the subject matter.

I like having a good balance of social and physical science in my life. Hopefully you guys will be around to bounce some ideas off of when I start back trading again. Once again a pleasure fellas.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's what's up

17. meowkittenmeow

This makes me smile.

18. The Dark King

Damn now I really wished you guys lived up here. There are so few black male accountants even at the big four. Come to think of it all the black people I know at spots like KPMG or PWC are women.
    Really a pleasure meeting you men. Had no clue others shared my passion for finance and tech.

Totally agree with you Beasty actually one my operational functions is about bitcoin and taxes since it's seen as property and not actual currency. Some interesting things are on the horizon. I seriously implore all those reading this to study up. I don't want to be rich alone lol.

19. The Dark King

Right? Incredibly informative
    Further illustrates these b.s. false equivalencies

20. meowkittenmeow

Staying at a big 4 is not the best bet if you want a CFO position later in life. At least not the 6 figure CFO positions. 2 years at a big 4 (formerly the big eight), or 3 years is max. It's one of those things you get on your resume, sit for your CPA, then move on to something else.

As far as many women staying to work there, it makes sense. Statistically women will stay in jobs that offer the most job security. I am almost positive the current CFO of price waterhouse cooper is a woman.