NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

They think they do by way of that 4th word I used. IGNORANCE

People forget or greet with ABSURD denial of the atrocities of this country especially how it was taken. People have so much pride in that flag and country, but it doesn't match the respect, honor and empathy for those who have their bloodshed unwillingly that helped build the good 'ol U.S.A.

[​IMG]

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I brought it up in facetiously. Because again, women's issues? A joke on here. Black male issue.. Rule supreme because you think you are more important. If anyone speaks out against your false role-models, you're called a racist. It's quite ridiculous.

What exactly are you disagreeing with me on? That he should be able to disrespect the flag because he wants to protest oppression?? Then l will argue that all day with you.
    Because in your emotional reactions you deliberately have ignored that I've never said he shouldn't speak out...
    HOWEVER, ironically, many of the Military vets you collected to further your argument of defending his right to speak say..

.. "I don't agree with him/what he did/said, but l will defend his right to say it.."

So in fact, you and your little gang should speak out against the Vets who actually tell you that. Such hypocrisy.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Atrocious indeed. Certainly suffering has existed in the history of this country. Do you know anyone who is unaware and doesn't understand that? Many, many people of every creed speak out, you'd have to have no soul to dismiss or deny blatant atrocities. We actually have a member here who denies the Houlocast by co-signing with the NOI that it never happened.
    Another glaring fact about outrageous atrocities and genocides is that they are committed mostly by men. Most all wars, rapes, pillaging, murder and enslavement is at the hands of men. Anywhere you go in this world in its history circa America, and continue to go...watch who committed and who repeats those crimes.

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I disagree on the women's issues part. I suspect most people agree with women's rights. It may be that I don't pay attention though. We had one thread on if women should be on the frontline. It was back and forth against ymra. Most of us agreed to allow women on the frontline. You can always just start a thread on women's rights. but I am not going to promise you that there isn't going to be a male bliss on here... all I'm saying....

This topic is on black male issues so obviously it will be centered on it. I mean you walked into the thread knowing what it was right?
    I assume by false role models you mean kaepernick. He has been going on about black people and police problems since July 2015 on twitter from what I can see. He had like a 3.9 gpa. He is political active. I see nothing wrong with him as a role model. Very few parents wouldn't want him as their son. His parents did right by him.

People on this forum are generally not happy with your lack of support. I don't see anything that he is doing wrong. If anything, I wish more people would do what he does so that every does get treated equally. then he won't have a reason not to stand.:D

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Of course there would be little support for women here because it's ingrained in the psych in the male mind, in a male dominated world. Nothing new.
    You see it as lack of support for Colin whereas l don't care who it is.
    If you tell me you have NO PRIDE in the flag because you want to speak out..l will take you at your word and counter that it's oxymoronic to tell me that. Who or what is he ACTUALLY against? Police Brutality? Good. Do what you need to do to help stop it and hopefully people will join you. But don't stomp on the flag which is behind you to ensure you can speak on ending brutality. Why do l have to keep explaining my position to you? Enough.

6. archangel

Also it is was overwhelming support of women having the right to serve on the front line. Ymra was the only one that I recall.
    Because your position is always flag flag flag not constitution. Mines is constitution constitution constitution. and then you go off to how the flag is related to it. Which it isn't. I think you understood my comment about freedom speech with a police officer.

You just don't like what colin did but no advice on something to work. To me, I'm fine with it.

Honestly, I think we need to change that flag to the constitution and the song to it. Tired of people hanged up a flag and not the constitution .

Still waiting on Hillary stuff.

We can talk about why you think hillary will support women over why Donald will support women in that women's right thread!!

Really really pushing for that thread!!!:p
    Would love to see that thread.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Interesting how appealing to racist and sexist egos wasn't part of our game plan.

8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

This.

9. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

What you said was women aren't allowed in the NFL. That's fase. The NFL had a female coach intern. Most coached played the game in college and in the pros. It would be extremely difficult for a woman to play or coach at that level.

As far as women issues on this forum being squashed is correct. Women can't bring up an issue without it being squashed. Then again it's the women's fault for allowing the men to squash them.

10. archangel

She should make a thread about that and I believe she meant a head coach position....

11. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Yeah . Hell a BM barely has a chance and they played the game.

12. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I am not interested in arguing with you all day. Nor am I interested in discussing veterans with a civilian who never served, pretends that they would have served, and then used veterans to push her argument. There is a long list of veterans that agree with him, and since you want to use veterans again, then fine, we were born here and lived here as black men since birth, we have dealt with oppresion here since birth as americans who happen to be black. We didn't marry into this nor did we galavant around on a roman holiday for years like you. We live it. So, yes, these black male opinions, veteran or not, matter more than yours. Don't like it? Leave. Or you could, just continue to argue. Many of us in this thread defended your right to do so, even though you woulda coulda shoulda joined.

13. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I do too, but if you put a woman in a powerful, managerial position, especially in the workplace, they could abuse the system and make it crappy for everyone who works under her. Not generalizing all women, it just seems like the "worst" kinds of people need to be ones in the most important positions. Hence, the election between Clinton and Trump.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/194036/f...THE_WORKPLACE&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

Viewing that above shows that we've regressed eight years later, the situation for men and women in the workplace is more unequal. Also, this doesn't relate directly to the thread, but I feel that situations like these (and others) which happen and are race-based or focused on something else that's agitating are taking a toll on the overall health of the American people. Instead of arguing on here all day you all should get outside, blow off some steam and hit the gym.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/195089/a...Well-Being&g_medium=newsfeed&g_campaign=tiles

[​IMG]

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn Mic drop

15. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Don't even worry about it. Bliss just wants to derail. Historians know the suffragettes were racist, but somehow Bliss knows more than them.

Colin did what many other great black sports heroes have done and I amd many other support him. Bliss is the only one in here derailing and trying to argue.

16. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Me too - but I stayed out of here because I know that end up saying things that would upset or annoy probably 80% of the people here.

I read one of Bliss's other posts in this thread. She said that her body frame is short and chubby, and she used to run in high school but stopped doing it. I'm surprised she even did it in the first place. I wish she was skinny instead of chubby.

17. archangel

I go to the gym at night thank you very much! planet fitness..:D

18. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Meanwhile I'm drinking this crystal light eating cornbread and BBQ in Houston reading this........

Carry on.....

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Why is that important to you?

20. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

As a southern BM...I'm drinking red koolaid