NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Go for it. You just have to deal with BCT and AIT. My father was in the reserves forever and a day ago. It will kill your loans, and if you can deal with it for a couple decades, you can get retirement pay. Here is some info on it...

http://www.military.com/benefits/mi...ry-reserve-component-retirement-overview.html

Also, in BCT, the drills tend to be a little kinder to the older crowd. Just aim for fort jackson or fort sill and avoid Benning at all costs (I went to benning lol). You have a degree so you can go officer, you might even like it enough to go active. Good luck, bro.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Thanks I really appreciate it.
    Hoping the next batch of bitcoin fluctuations work in my favor. A few dudes in my office retired off the last one back in May. All under 50

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I was looking into everything, not just Officer.. Goverment work, ploice officer, military etc...l was told no, wait for Citizenship. My life moved on. (l also enrolled in college).
    As for 2001, l was freshly separated and working. I'm not even sure l was at the eligble age. In 2001 l also had a new house, became a landlord as well as juggling my career, thus l never looked into the military.

To footnote @ 2001,
    9/11 was terrifying and l was shuddering for our soldiers and didn't have a lick of their bravery who joined during that time to go fight the terrorists.

4. meowkittenmeow

Good deal, bro. I personally don't trade bitcoin, but I will take a look at it. I did have a little fun with the brexit panic.

5. meowkittenmeow

I joined almost a full year before it. So, my experience was a bit different. Sorry the marriage didn't work out. As far as age standards, you could have been 40, I think the limit might be 45. They have been downsizing so the age limit changes when democrats are in office. When we get a republican in office we will get more soldiers in again. Repubs tend to invest in military driven companies. So, it works in their favor.

6. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

What's the age cut off for reserves?

7. meowkittenmeow

8. The Dark King

It was great for a lot of traders especially the speculation guys

9. The Dark King

We can still do most of them fam. We ain't that old lol

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

" Pictures from training camp on August 10th (h/t: CBS Sports) show Kaepernick wearing socks that depict a police officer as a pig. The image above also captured him walking on to the practice field with a raised fist."

This one is from Twitter..
    Twitter-Colin

Well that's nice.

11. meowkittenmeow

Good deal. What kind of trader are you?

12. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I'm 36 but I can get around better than most 25 year olds.......

13. meowkittenmeow

you have until 39 and even at 39 you can waiver through if you need. Look at it this way, you get retirement at age 60, but you have to do 20 years reserve. So, if you retire from reserves at 59, you are on your way to retirement, as well as maybe 8 years shy of social security and whatever pension you might have. You should be able to retire quite comfortably.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Depending on the Branch, 25 to 35 max for enlist and 39 reserves. They tried upping it to 42 but it was a physical bust so they lowered it.

Thanks. We were crazy in love and our marriage lasted over a decade long and it was great for most of it..we stayed friendly after divorcing. No regrets for it.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Reserves get full benefits, l believe. I do believe Hillary did vote yes for that one.

16. The Dark King

Cryptocurrency trading and development.
    It's good money right now but mainly because so few people are willing to deal with the tax issues right now.

17. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

You explained it better than I could have. And yeah, I got my associates degree before I joined so I was not fresh out of High School.

18. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

My NCO at my first unit was in his early 40s when I first got in and he was in better shape than most soldiers I encountered. He joined at 40 back in 08 i believe.

You'd crush it out there.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You added to your post after, that you did two semesters before joining.
    Per joining to kill your school loans, l met a young woman who joined the Reserves so they could pay for her schooling to become a doctor.
    Now she said the trade-off was having to work for the Govt for several years (l think she said 8 yrs) in poor areas and not in private practice, after graduating. Is that still the case?

20. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

And the railroad is very pro military so they let you take off to do you duty all you want