NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yup totally agree all this faux "outrage" all it says plain and simple is they don't want anyone rocking their illusion of the truth. If any of these fake ass people were true patriots they'd be rioting in the streets over the shit that happened in Flint where they are fucking with WATER. They'd be pissed that their taxes go up and the wealthy pay less. They would care that we have far more military occupation than we'd ever need. But hey the black guy didn't stand up for a bullshit pledge that has never been true.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yes, I have heard but haven't really delve into it that the star spangled banner celebrated the murder of black slaves.

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
    From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave

Star Spangled Banner - 3d verse, lines 5-6

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/wheres-debate-francis-scott-keys-slave-holding-legacy-180959550/?no-ist

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

That dude ain't shit for that, but god damn if that wasn't funny!

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I bet a lot of people that feel that this guy disrespected the country by not standing for the flag are the same people that wave confederate flags. :smt042

6. The Dark King

I'm curious what's your take?

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Thanks, I actually felt bad for laughing at that. It's still kinda hard to admit that I laughed. lol

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Dude just took the debate into the gutter by clowning on that vet's prosthetic limbs.

If you can't argue on the points and have to make personal insults, you're no better than the people out here calling Kaepernick a n____r.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Now i feel bad again,,,,,,,Fuck. You right bro

10. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

@bliss

I'm still waiting on your response.

11. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Goodlove be like...
    [​IMG]

lol, she doesn't generally reply back to being called out. She blamed the whole derailing by using women's issues on DudeNY when she did it like 3 pages before he ever hopped in to this thread. I don't really think she is coming back to this thread... maybe, but probably not.

12. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

As far as the insult or the CK thing?

I find nothing wrong with what CK is doing. He has my support even though I will still pay respect to the flag, in and out of uniform. Even when you're making millions as a black man, you aren't taken seriously. We're expected to stay in our lane and entertain everyone else, dance and set trends. Dude ain't stupid. He knows a lot of people would look at him as just another nigga if he wasn't a pro athlete. How many racists have MJ memorabilia and argue about how he is the greatest to ever do it? How many racists are turning up to the latest trap rap song and using slang they pick up from music videos and some black kids at school?

Years ago, a some girl told me how I was so well spoken......we grew up in the same middle class area and went to the same middle and high school. Not the same thing exactly but an example of what is expected of blacks by non-blacks. We somehow break the mold and are even seen as threats when when show some intelligence and don't fall for the bullshit.

As far as the dude insulting the wounded vet, he ain't shit, but his comment was funny nonetheless.
    Like I said, dude ain't shit for that.

13. The Dark King

I was talking about the CK thing and I totally agree.

14. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Lol

Lol

I love that gif

15. andreboba

I laughed too but damn he went in so hard on the guy.

Optimus Prime?? Wow.lol

16. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I never would've thought of that in a million years.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Since some of you Vets and non-vets alike find this man's disability hilarious, don't stop now with the laughs and blood that your brethren are seeking...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "It's one thing to be a Marine or a service member. It's a big deal. You are really doing a lot for your country," he told ABC News at the time, as we accompanied him on patrol. "But as an EOD [explosive ordinance disposal] tech, I just saw an opportunity to do a little bit more."

Marine sergeant Joey Jones’ life would be forever changed on August 6, 2010 while serving on a combat tour in Iraq. The staff sergeant accidentally stepped on an IED that horrifically blew both of his legs off above both knees. In addition to losing his legs, the blast also severely damaged both his wrists and right forearm. After going through two years of grueling rehabilitation, the Marine hero now devotes his time serving other veterans through his national nonprofit Boot Campaign organization, where he does many public speaking events spreading his message of hope.

Despite being a double amputee, Jones always stands whenever the National Anthem is played because he truly understands the meaning of our nation’s flag, having made an incredible personal sacrifice to preserve it.

18. andreboba

SMH. No one agrees with the posts making fun of that vet's disability.

But I wish when talking about the flag we'd stop suggesting we're talking simultaneously about the military.

(I still believe this was a tactic used to shut down debate about CK.)

The American flag is a symbol of the entire country, not just the Pentagon.
    Anyone watch the Olympics?

Our flag was on full display as was the National Anthem.

Not standing for the National Anthem doesn't mean you hate vets or those who died wearing and defending the flag.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No one stopped their outrage at Trump for suggesting the Vet's mother wasn't allowed to speak. For weeks he was ran over the coals by the same people calling anyone defending the flag a racist..
    Because that's what it's boiled down to, right? Defend the flag you're a racist and probably fly the Confederate flag as was alledged in this this very thread. Support Colin and his disrespect and you're an abolishionist fighting against these racist whites who must hate Blacks and want to shut him down. It's absurd.

If he has no pride (You said in effect Colin never said he disrespects the flag but he did.."“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.” )
    , and tells everyone he doesn't, then he's a fool to think that those who do have pride for it won't respond.

20. andreboba

Trump was an idiot for criticizing a Gold Star mother for NOT speaking at the DNC convention. Attack her husband who ripped into Trump.
    Why did he go after the mother???

Sometimes in life you just have to eat shit and realize you can't insult EVERYONE who pisses you off.

Trump deserved to be attacked because yes we have Muslims in the military who gave their lives for this country.

Trump saying he would require a religious test for immigrants to enter this country is idiotic and unconstitutional.

And I said CK wasn't disrespecting the military, or that it meant he hated the American flag.

People get so caught in the rituals and traditions of faux patriotism and forget that being a 'patriot' means allowing for others to have opinions different from your own.

Beasty theorized those AMericans who have this knee jerk patriotism without caring our trying to understand what Kaepernick's protest was about are probably many of the same people who fly the Confederate flag.

Since White Southerners to tend to be the ones who volunteer the most for military service, I don't think it's a stretch to say they're probably the same people who think the Confederate flag represents their 'culture' and 'tradition'.

CK has a problem with institutions in this country that perpetuate bigotry, racism and don't hold law enforcement officials accountable for their actions.

Because he LOVES this country, in his own way, and thinks we can do better.

If you only see a Black guy not showing 'proper respect' for the American flag, you're missing the point.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016