Do you prefer to look better than your spouse or your spouse to look better than you?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Aug 18, 2016.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Do you prefer to look better than the person you are dating or they look better than

you?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Being a married couple means teamwork. On a team, the couple try to look like a team. The look of the team isn't that important unless it is for the sake of appearances. The husband can be handsome, while the wife may not be(or both are equally unattractive).

There are lots of stories couples tell about where and when they met and began their romance.

It goes far beyond looks.

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

True enough. That said, I want my wife to look better than me, no doubt! There are even studies that show marriages are better when the wife is better looking than the husband.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I think it's more about complimenting each other. Both spouses can both look attractive to each other. And that starts with how they feel for one another. If the couple is truly in love with each other, that love shows all throughout and everyone sees it.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

I could really give a rip. That's so subjective and things change over time. There are so many different things that factor into really being attracted to someone. Sometimes good looking people can be really NOT attractive and vice versa.

I think it's important that both people are mature enough to handle whatever attention they may get from others, whether that's because of their looks or whatever other characteristics.

But lets be real, most people are not going to end up with someone who's soooo life altering gorgeous that it really impacts any part of their life. Even for those who have a brief time of that....it changes.

Still thinking about that model you met North??

6. 4north1side2

Spouses was the wrong word to use in the title. I only ask because on another forum ladies were asked this question and quite a few preferred to be the better looking one of the relationship

I have and it caused problems in the relationship.

He legit had a fan club. They would send him stuff in the mail and bring gifts to his house and everything...

No I prefer to be the better looking one.

My mind won't let me compute/conclude how any man could ever look better than me. And I've seen, acquainted, dated some of the coldest things on two legs under the sun.

Hell nah! I love an ugly nikka! Way more appreciative and generous. Plus they have no choice but to lead w personality... Unless he's a total lame hung up on his own feelings about his raw ass face which turns him into a waste of space.

No, I want someone ugly. I feel an ugly guy would be more likely to be faithful.

I have...and lawd i wont date a guy that fine ever again...too much drama lol

In better shape, sure

Better looking, though? Hm, I dated one dude who probably was slightly more attractive than me on his best day.

I can fully understand why people would prefer to be the better looking one in the relationship. You will hold a little more leverage in your favor, putting more power and control in your hands.

You can be the most faithful and loyal of people but if people are constantly in your ear like this

I have known him since grade school. We've always had crushes on each other, but never lived in the same town after graduation until recently. It's been a couple of months and, while I do admit he is less than average looking, he is not ugly. To me anyway, I have known him for several years so that may be a factor. But everyone keeps saying things like "Whoa dude, how'd you pull that off?" when they see me with him. There are comments about "What does such a pretty girl see in someone like...that" (heard that from an older woman).

His friends are always talking about it. Even in front of him. Like he's the ugliest guy on the planet dating the hottest chick on the planet. That is what his friends act like and I don't know how to handle this. I am sick of it! Strangers comment on it all of the time "Wow, those number's just don't match up", I've heard a few people say under their breath. It's hard to ignore.

He doesn't act like it bothers him and I haven't brought it up to him. How do I even start that conversation? "So, um, I'm tired of everyone talking about how much better looking I am compared to you?" I can't just say that to him. If this didn't happen everywhere we go, I wouldn't be bothered. But it happens every time we go out or see his friends (my friends don't do this) Is there anything I can do or say? Any others with similar experiences?

You'll second guess the relationship quicker, think you can do much better, or leave the relationship faster than if your partner looked better than you.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

I get how some people don't want to deal with the extra attention or any potential drama that may go with it.

I just think it's going to be more about how that person deals with the attention that comes at them. If they aren't engaging those people, it's not going to be a big deal. If they are out playing it up - then they are bringing the drama.

Sometimes those who are exceptionally good looking may think that's all they need though. Sortof like how some guys with big dicks or chicks with hot bods think that's all they need. It's all about the individual and how they are about things.

I think women are going to tend to want to be the better looking one in the relationship and a lot of men are cool with that. Some really love it when they have a super hot gf and like to show off.

A huge part of it is the individual people's self esteem and how confident they are about themselves and the relationship.

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I don't think I have dated anyone more attractive than me. I have dated women who were equally attractive or attractive in a different way, but I've never dated a woman who was more attractive. It might have to do with the fact that I know what they look like without makeup. Most people, aren't as attractive as we make them out to be, in my opinion. Once the clothes are off, the makeup is off, people become normal really quick.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

so true

(WOW I didn't realize you were so good looking! You really should give all the ladies the thrill of seeing your handsome face)

10. meowkittenmeow

Bliss knows what I look like. So does Ches. That is it as far as I know. I used to be on here previously, but I was still dealing with being a rape victim instead of a rape survivor, so I was super angry. So, I made a new profile as I have gotten through some harsher times, and post in here with more love and kindness in my heart than before.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I do?? I have no idea who you were. previously..now l'm curious, lol.
    You noted you were angry.. Did you leave the forum angrily or just faded away?

12. meowkittenmeow

Left angry. But, I was angry all around, I just didn't show it in everyday life. It is a part of the healing process, or at least that is what the ole therapist explained to me. I took that anger out on the women in the forum, as oppose to women in real life. Something that happens with most rape survivors who are assaulted by members of the oposite sex. As much as I apologizing for being pissed off all of the time, it isn't something I can make up for. You only have one chance to make a first impression.

13. 4north1side2

Sorry to hear that.

Is this something you are willing to talk about? I only ask because their is many people out there who absolutely flat out refuse to believe a man can be raped by a woman.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Women are terrible when it comes to shit like this. A guy is no more responsible for women's reactions to his looks than women are for men's reactions to their looks. Women can get very, very insecure when their men are better looking than they are.

I prefer a woman to be better looking because it's much less of a hassle. But, if there's no jealousy involved, I don't care either way.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I think l have an idea who you might be. One question will do it...did you share something with me in chat a few days before you left the forum (not the rape info, but an incident related to your career)?...

16. K

K Well-Known Member

Glad you are in a better place about things!

17. meowkittenmeow

I have, slightly. But, I suppose in the future I might go in more depth.

18. meowkittenmeow

No, I don't believe so. I posted photos for about 5 minutes before I removed them. We were talking in chat at the time.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I just repped you a question.
    If l'm correct, Yes.. You did. You might not recall it though.

20. meowkittenmeow

Yes, that's me.