BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Here is a season overview that TNT posted on their YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvalS2C2-zY
    [YOUTUBE]QvalS2C2-zY[/YOUTUBE]

2. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

They actually renewed that show? I saw it and was unimpressed with both seasons.

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Spoiler:

Their friendship crosses the line into physical intimacy starting with episode #2. :smt002

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

You actually watched the show? You a better man than me. :D

5. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I watched both seasons and thought it was mostly decent and, in some places, solid. It's a procedural so there's a good amount of it that is derivative, but otherwise--if I have time to kill--I watch an episode or two on demand.

6. ColiBreh1

This is pretty much my thoughts. "Murder in the First" is a decent to solid show. It's a perfect show to watch in the summertime when there's usually nothing on. I don't know why MilkandCoffee & JamalSpunky are acting like the show is garbage.

Also ryanpaulstewart, I wouldn't call the show a Police procedural. The cases they solve on the show are season-long storylines, so it would be more appropriate to call the a serial Police drama.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  7. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

The 1st season was ok, not impressive but decent. The second season was mediocre, it felt like they had too many cooks in the writing room throwing around ideas. Also, the ending seemed rushed.

At least the black men in the show aren't neutered.

8. ColiBreh1

Anybody watching "Dead of Summer" on ABC Family/Freeform? It's a teen supernatural horror show set at a summer camp in the 80's. It's from the dudes who do ABC's "Once Upon a Time" & they were the #2 Executive producers/writing team on "Lost".

From watching some of the promos & trailers on YouTube, it looks like Elizabeth Mitchell gets involved with the Black camper played by Eli Goree (The brotha who played Wells on the 1st season of The CW's "The 100").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77MX1mfm2lE
    [YOUTUBE]77MX1mfm2lE[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvigyHvQjBQ
    [YOUTUBE]gvigyHvQjBQ[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbUkdVx7UoA
    [YOUTUBE]ZbUkdVx7UoA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I seen the first episode, but I was nodding off. Will have to catch up, looks interesting.

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Husband and wife Ricky Whittle (Shadow Moon) and Emily Browning ( Laura Moon) in Starz's upcoming American Gods fantasy drama.

11. darkcurry

TV is still kicking Cinema's ass in the IR department. And I like the fact that BM are playing some intriguing characters.

12. JamalSpunky

Cinema has plenty of IR. It's just almost all of it is WM/BF based.

13. darkcurry

My fault I didn't clarify, but you know what I meant though right?

14. ColiBreh1

You can make the argument that Cinema has plenty of BM/WW IR too. It's just that it's usually in Indie Limited Theatrical release/Staright to VoD movies.

15. darkcurry

True.

16. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

I'm confused with "Dead of Summer" what makes you think Elizabeth Mitchell is having a relationship with the black guy?

17. JamalSpunky

Even on that front WM/BW have them beat easily.

18. ryanpaulstewart

They hook up in episode 4

19. ColiBreh1

You can tell from the promo clips I posted in this thread.

This. It looks like they hook up in Episode 4 (which was the episode that aired last week) based on the promo clips I posted.

20. ryanpaulstewart

It's a dreadful show. I have hulu and put it on for background noise while working on a project this weekend. They hook up but the show is so bad I would recommend not wasting your time with it.

I also have a soft spot for camp. Hooked up so many times at camp as kid that now there's a nostalgia I feel toward camp scenarios.